Time to admit.....

Tatty

....that I am losing this weight now and I need you guys to help me along the way pleeeeeaaaassseee!!

I know I have achieved soooo much in the (nearly 1 year) months I have been doing this fabulous diet, but the last two months, I have fallen off that waggon in amazing fashion and today at 1340 I will be weighed again and be told that I have put on more weight. This my friends, is not what I want to hear! I know, none of us want to hear or see that we have put weight on and I know that it is only you and me that shovels food into our mouths like we will never get another meal again, but I am fed up of battling with my little chatterbox that is telling me that I can just have one more crisp and one more round of toast and it won't hurt me. Clearly, it does.

I want to be back to a few weeks ago where I was happy and confident that I could sit through an entire lunch break and not be dreaming about various sandwich combinations, but dreaming about how fantastic I would be looking the more weight I was losing! Why does this seem so damn impossible now?!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my whinge (which I hope you will always feel you can do with me!) and hope that I can get the amazing support that is shared with everyone.

My name is Catherine....and I am a Fallen Angel :break_diet:

xxx

Good luck Tatty, stay positive...and you will get there

Best of luck..you can do it!!!

Wow Tatty, you have done so well already. 59lb is a lot to lose. What I find helps me is to look in the mirror and say I want to weigh 16st 5 (which will be 4 st off). I write it down and read it before going to bed and when I get up. And then when I'm tempted to eat I just chant 16.5 over and over in my head. Sounds weird but i picked it up at one of those inspirational training days, for people who want to acheive outstanding results. Apparantly this is what a lot of famous people do...actors, sports etc. It programmes your brain in a positive way. And when I get to my next goal I'll change it to 16st! Oh and I also picture stepping on the scales and 'seeing' the weight I want to be.

Give it a try, the more you do it the better the result!

How have the last few days been??

How have the last few days been??

Hi Bea, thanks for checking in on me! It is nice to know you care ;)
Well, not been very good, I have eaten every flipping day and it is making me so bloody miserable. I am just drawing a line underneath them....again. I have had a shake so far and 3 litres of water and am flipping starving! I know I can do it, just have to be more lenient with myself as I keep having a go at myself, not worth the heartache really :cry:

Hope you are ok
Tatty xx

Hi Tatty

Just thought I would add my support. It is so hard to get re-motivated after a slip - everyone knows the first time is golden and after that its blood, sweat and tears all the way.
Just because it is harder though - does not mean it is not achievable.
I have found that re-visiting your original goals can really help - write some down, 1 in the short term (a few weeks ahead), one in the medium term (a few months ahead) and one in the long term (say in 12 months time). Stick the short and medium ones in your signature and update regularly on how you are doing. Without knowing what you are heading towards you can easily get lost - its like going for a drive with no destination.
Also, stop beating yourself up. be kinder to yourself and encourage rather than scold and you might find the path becomes a little clearer.
Good luck Tatty - you can do this no problem
Laura

Hi Tatty

Just thought I would add my support. It is so hard to get re-motivated after a slip - everyone knows the first time is golden and after that its blood, sweat and tears all the way.
Just because it is harder though - does not mean it is not achievable.
I have found that re-visiting your original goals can really help - write some down, 1 in the short term (a few weeks ahead), one in the medium term (a few months ahead) and one in the long term (say in 12 months time). Stick the short and medium ones in your signature and update regularly on how you are doing. Without knowing what you are heading towards you can easily get lost - its like going for a drive with no destination.
Also, stop beating yourself up. be kinder to yourself and encourage rather than scold and you might find the path becomes a little clearer.
Good luck Tatty - you can do this no problem
Laura

Laura, thank you for your lovely message, it has helped me somewhat - I keep re-visiting it to get that excited feeling you get when you know that someone is right and you understand what they are saying as opposed to just being preached at....:rolleyes: Everyone on this site understands what I am going through as we have all been there one time or another and like you said I need to stick with reminding myself about the goals I had in mind and creating new ones, maybe writing them down in my signature is a very good idea...will have to think of some goodies for the next 4/5 weeks to keep me going ;)
I need to be nicer to myself, I was sat in my car last night on my way to get weighed and I just started crying!!! :cry: can't be sure what it was all about, but I felt better afterwards....I am forever beating myself up for slipping and never reminding myself how far I have already come....I have popped a couple of photos on my gallery to remind myself....

Thank you again honey-inspirational!!
Tatty xxx

Thats wonderful advice from Laura...I did that when I found I was loosing "my way" on LT and looking for reasons to eat.....I dotted down a list of things that I was going to/things I was doing and how I wanted to look and feel at them (aslo a few clothes that I wanted to be in)...it so helped and there is a great sence of focus and achievement.......

Also you know you are being hard on yourself and we all are - think its the vicious circle that causes the weight gain ...we beat ourselves up, tell ourselves we cant do it/we are useless.....and we eat as a comfort......

Big Hugs....you WILL get there!!

Hi Tatty,

Your face looks so different from your gallery photos, you have come a long way already. It is so hard to get back on track after a blip and I really admire those people who can stick to any type of diet without ever 'cheating'. I told my CDC on our first meeting that I would never be perfect and so I'm losing in fits and starts. What's different this time is that I don't hate myself for it. I tend to be an all or nothing person and I'm trying to find the middle ground and be 'good enough' not perfect. I could be a couple of sizes smaller by now had I stuck to the plan but when I've eaten I have enjoyed it! And I know I will again!
I find coming on this site and reading the diaries and looking at the before and after photos really helps to motivate me and get me going again. And surfing the net for all the clothes I want to wear at goal.....having always been fat I always bought whatever fitted. Now I'm trying to work out what style and image I want to have! :)

Hi Tatty,

Your face looks so different from your gallery photos, you have come a long way already. It is so hard to get back on track after a blip and I really admire those people who can stick to any type of diet without ever 'cheating'. I told my CDC on our first meeting that I would never be perfect and so I'm losing in fits and starts. What's different this time is that I don't hate myself for it. I tend to be an all or nothing person and I'm trying to find the middle ground and be 'good enough' not perfect. I could be a couple of sizes smaller by now had I stuck to the plan but when I've eaten I have enjoyed it! And I know I will again!
I find coming on this site and reading the diaries and looking at the before and after photos really helps to motivate me and get me going again. And surfing the net for all the clothes I want to wear at goal.....having always been fat I always bought whatever fitted. Now I'm trying to work out what style and image I want to have! :)

Thank you so much for your replies and compliments ladies, it is really heart warming to know that it isn't just me!! I am really pleased with myself today as I have been to Sainsburys at lunchtime to get lunch for my bosses and achieved the impossible....I bought some cottage cheese, cucumber and chicken! Sooo pleased with myself :D 790 I will still be in Ketosis and I don't feel guilty in the slightest woohoo!!
I know what you mean about buying whatever fitted...the amount of times I have been to a shop and cried in the changing rooms....
I know I can do this at the moment, Xmas is 3.5weeks away so mini goal is to lose 10lbs by then :rolleyes:...achieveable I think!

Love lots
Tatty xx

More than achieveable Tatty - well done on your Sainsburys trip :clap:

Thank you honey, glad you think so! Just have to keep telling myself that I WILL BE OK!

Thanks, big issue for me even going to a shop, I try to just avoid them full stop or get someone else to go for me, so this was quite emotional :cool:

Hugs!
Tatty xx

Afternoon all, hope you are ok?!

I have just been weighed and am chuffed - I have lost 4.5lbs since Tuesday! I know I still haven't updated my ticker, for some reason my brain thinks it is better off leaving it where it is and then I will catch up with it in the next couple of weeks hahaha
Crossed fingers eh?!

Much love xx
Tatty xx

Back