Step 1 Sole Source + Time to change!

Kimberlee

Hi I'm starting cambridge for the first time tomorrow.
Exciting and can't wait to start my new life.
I'm starting at 15st 6.
I lost 4 stone 5 years ago using lighter life and through ill health with my back over the past 5 years I have put it all and more back on from not being able to be active.
Now after a final successful op I'm now more active but unable to do a great deal of exercise so cambridge is ideal for me.
Can't wait to get starting and look forward to 2013!!!
Looking for any support from anyone who is starting or already on the plan
X

Last edited:
Hi there I've been on the diet for roughly 10 months but due to various family commitments and lately struggling to stick to it havnt lost as much as I should have I tend to starve then binge!! That said I have lost 8.5 stone just need to work hard in the new year to get the last off! Would be good to keep up to date with people on here help focus!! Good luck you can do it!!

Hi ya

Wow!!! That's amazing!
Try and look at the positives and you know you can do it as you have already.
That's what I'm trying to do as I did it with lighter life so I know it's possible!!!
Good luck!

Hi Kimberlee and welcome to Cambridge! I take it from your post that you will start after the new year, so in 2013? It's a difficult diet to start - the first week is tough - but after that if you stick with it the weight will fall off!

It will then be important to work yourself out of the diet on to regular foods, so that you learn what your body needs to maintain and how it reacts to various foods, like bread, rice, pasta, potatoes.

Good luck!

Hi tizzy

Thank you for the lovely advice.
I started on Wednesday so I'm currently on day 5.
I thought I would start now on ss and possibly eat a small Xmas meal - no carbs though!
I've think I'm getting over the hard bit as I now don't feel hungry and the headaches are stopping.
I don't see my CDC till 2nd jan so hopefully I will have a good loss by then
X

Hi Kimberlee! Well done for starting before Xmas rather than putting it off, less to lose in the NY! I found after week one I have felt great pretty much every day! I'll be staying on plan over Xmas too as want.to keep losing as have a bridesmaid dress fitting in january for my brothers wedding in May. Just don't want to undo any of the hard work!

I've also got a diary on here and it's great to keep you motivated and pass the time!

Good luck on your journey and for keeping focussed over Xmas! X

Hi tizzy

Thank you for the lovely advice.
I started on Wednesday so I'm currently on day 5.
I thought I would start now on ss and possibly eat a small Xmas meal - no carbs though!
I've think I'm getting over the hard bit as I now don't feel hungry and the headaches are stopping.
I don't see my CDC till 2nd jan so hopefully I will have a good loss by then
X

Good for you for starting already! And it sounds like you're in ketosis so another reason to celebrate! If you are sensible and stick to veg and protein you will stay in ketosis (body burns fat - yay!) and for sure you will have a great loss by the time you next see your CDC!

Happy Christmas Eve!

Thank you all!!

Xmas wasn't as hard as I thought!
Just had meat and veg on Xmas day at lunchtime and the same on Boxing Day.
I felt as if I had been really bad as I hadn't eaten for 7 days!
Back on it now and looking forward to my first weigh in on the 2nd!
Hope everyone had a lovely Xmas
Xxxx

Good for you! Glad to hear you are making it through the holidays in good form!
Now just New Year's to go and 2013 is the year for a skinny you!

Hi! I was wondering if I could join the thread please? I would like to lose 1 stone to take my BMI into a healthier range, and I am using CD for a couple of weeks to kick start things and then I hope to change to weight watchers... I am at the end of my first day now, I am hungry, I have 1 shake left. Any tips please?! Thank you! :eek:

welcome MelB! Hang in there - it does get easier after day 3 or 4. Your body is getting rid of glycogens in your liver and switching to a state of ketosis where it will burn fat for energy instead of carbs (largely because you are not giving it carbs to burn). Once in ketosis, you stop feeling hungry and it is much easier to stick to the diet.

Tips? I made sure I drank a lot of water and, when I was hungry, I would drink tea. Somehow the warmth of the tea helped me feel less hungry. I also went to bed early a few times to avoid eating, took baths, walked the dog - in essence distracted myself.

Hi all

Hope you all had a lovely Xmas and new year.
So over Xmas I just ate the meat and veg on Xmas dinner and stuck to ss for the past 2 weeks.
I have just had my first weigh in and I am please to say I have lost ...... 1 stone!!!
Amazing in 2 weeks!
So happy!
It hasn't been easy with all the Xmas food around but stayed strong and feel so much better for it.
Another thing I have found useful is something I always used before , it's called 4Head.
When you have a headache you rub it on the temples and you have a cooling sensation and it has really helped in the first 2 weeks when I was really the withdrawal symptoms.
Hope this helps anyone else
X

Wow! Wow! Wow! Good for you! What an absolutely brilliant result and over the holidays as well - you should be feeling really chuffed and very proud of yourself!!!
:D

Hey Kimberlee, hope you dont mind me joining in?!

I am on my first day of Cambridge today and loving it so far, i done slim and save last year and managed 3 weeks but gave up, worst thing i could of done.

i know how rubbish it feels and how disappointing it is to give up so i know i wont be doing that this time :)

Also, a 1 stone loss in 2 weeks is absolutely amazing, you should be so proud of yourself!!

Im not getting weighed again now until the 10th so i have 8 days to do the best i can for my first weeks weigh in :)

soo exciting and cant wait for the 10th! xx

Hey Kimberlee, hope you dont mind me joining in?!

I am on my first day of Cambridge today and loving it so far, i done slim and save last year and managed 3 weeks but gave up, worst thing i could of done.

i know how rubbish it feels and how disappointing it is to give up so i know i wont be doing that this time :)

Also, a 1 stone loss in 2 weeks is absolutely amazing, you should be so proud of yourself!!

Im not getting weighed again now until the 10th so i have 8 days to do the best i can for my first weeks weigh in :)

soo exciting and cant wait for the 10th! xx

Thank you!!

Welcome!
Stick with it through the first few days as it can be so hard.
I found around my 5 day - 7 day the worst.
Didn't feel that hungry it was just the headaches!
I remember when I did lighter life how amazing it felt as weeks went on and luckily that's what's keeping me going!!!
Good luck Hun and let me know how you get on on the 10th
Xxx

Another weigh in yesterday and another 3 pounds off so that's 17 in 2 weeks and 5 days!!
Very happy!! I'm now 14st 3
Only think I have found this week is I have found it hard to have all my shakes as I have had a sore throat.
But kept up with lots if water intake and drinking around 3 litres a day.
I will be getting weighed next Friday on the 18th hopefully I should be in the 13's then!!!!
Xxx

Back