Time to get off the fence !

frugalpam

:eek: OK -it's time I stopped procrastinating and got off the fence and started on WW again.
I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 175lbs, the heaviest I have ever been. Yes, 12 stone 7lbs! I'm an ample size 16 (size 18 might be more comfortable but I refuse to buy that size!!!)
For years I hovered between sizes 12 and 14, but middle age and having given up smoking 19 months ago have made a big impact. I can't stand being this size - there's a size 12 desperate to escape this ample frame!!
I needed a new dress and saw a beauty in M+S the other day. Tried on the size 16 and had to squeeze into it - and their sizes are generous :eek: That was my lightbulb moment. I've bought the dress because I'm determined to fit into it. It's hanging up in my bedroom taunting me, and I keep telling it I'll be in it very soon.
So it begins - I've found some info from last time I used WW some years ago on points etc, bought a dinky little points calculator to tote round with me, and made a shopping list of food I need to get tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Pam

Last edited:
Good luck

I like the bit 'there's a size 12 desperate to escape', so true..

Oh and good luck with the shopping tomorrow

My last post didn't appear - just checking if this works...
Yep it did - must have hit 'delete' by mistake last time!
Anyway, I'm starting WW properly tomorrow - this weekend I've just been a lot more mindful about what I'm eating and why - I think a lot of my overeating is due to grazing in the evenings. You know - busy days, and kicking back in the evenings and 'treating' myself. I've somehow lost around 2lbs - I think that's just a fluke really, so will weigh myself in the morning - my weigh in day will be Monday - and see what's what.
Off to get some groceries - I fancy the leek and potato soup (found the recipe here) and make a supply for the coming week!
Thanks also for the replies - nice to know I'm not alone in this!

Pam

Last edited:
Had a successful supermarket trip, now stocked up for the week ahead. Next job is to make the leek and potato soup, and cheated a bit by getting a WW main meal - but it was on offer :D
So far today I've had 11 points - evening meal will be 5 points, so that leaves me 4 points for this evening. I'm stocked up on fruit and low point snacks eg WW tortillas at 1point a pack, so should comfortably do the day on target.
Onwards and downwards...

Pam

Hi Emmaline - nice to meet you!
I've decided to leave my new dress hanging on the wardrobe door -I really want to be able to wear it, and if I could lose about 7 lbs, am sure I'd fit into it. It's a good motivator - and good luck on your journey to be able to wear your new coat :)
Today's gone well, apart from a bit of a stomach upset. Now, I've got lazy over the past months, not eating enough fruit and veg. Today I had veg and also fruit (slice of melon and nectarine) and I'm guessing it's my system getting used to fibre again :eek: Maybe I'll take it a bit slower introducing it.
First weigh in tomorrow morning - wonder if I'll have lost anything...

Pam

3lbs lost!

3lbs gone and 30 to go! I only really started counting points yesterday, but have been careful about what I've been eating the past week. Maybe some of it was fluid but whatever, it's given me a real boost that I CAN do this! I know from last time I did WW that I'll have weeks where I don't lose, so have to remember that and keep going.
I'm not sure if someone here told me about fruit flakes or on another forum I visit, but they work out at 3 pts a pack and really satisfy my sweet tooth (fruit pieces with chocolate) and a little bag keeps me going all evening. Evenings have always been my worst time for 'grazing'.

Pam

Hiya - thanks for the replies :) I keep looking at the new dress and telling it I WILL fit into it before too long :D
The fruit flakes are actually 2 points and not 3 - they are very yummy fruity bits covered in chocolate, and really give me my fix!
I'm psyching up for the next WI - too much to hope I'll have lost another 3lbs, but I'd be pleased with 1 or 1.5. If it's STS, well so be it - just a blip!
I got one of those points calculators off Ebay (cheaper than at WW) - really handy to have, specially round the supermarket.
Big achievement stopping for a skinny latte today and not succumbing to the cake :clap:
Hope all are doing well,
Pam x

Not been on here for ages! Very pleased to report I've now lost a total of 10lbs and am a happy bunny!
And I can fit comfortably into that new dress!

Congrats, always good to have something there and knowing you can finally get into it..

I still haven't got to a size where I feel comfortable in a dress, especially not the ones my hubby keeps pointing out in shop windows and saying I would look good in.

Just found this old thread of mine from late 2010! I started out at 12st 7lbs, lost 10 lbs over several weeks, then let it slide, going back to 12st 2lbs. Now back to 11st 11.5lbs - my weight when I gave up WW last time!! This time I'm feeling more focussed, so fingers crossed!

Oh heck - my neighbour has just brought me a piece of her wedding cake! Wonder how many propoints is in that? Very nice of her though!!

Back