Time to get rid of it

Ally89

Gold Member
Hi, I'm new(ish) my names Alison and i'm 22 (ok 23 in 3 weeks) and I've decided to make a diary of my weight loss, so I have something to look back on, and where better to put it than on this forum so people can follow my journey.

Having always been overweight, I never decided to do anything about it until after finishing University, after I saw my graduation pictures. Always the one to be behind the camera and not in front I hated what I saw. I wouldn't get on the scales scared of what i would see. Finally I did and weighed 16 stone 6.5 pounds, the year before I'd been heavier, I could see the difference in my graduation pictures from 2010 and 2009 (yes, I graduated twice), I'm fairly sure I was closer to 18 stone the year before, but I have no way of know.

After a year I got to 14 stone 6 pounds (the lightest i've been since I was 13) on Slimming World. But losing only .5 or 1 pound a week was taking its toll, and I was returning to eating 2 or 3 chocolate bars a day.

Now, last august I talked myself into finally going the doctors after 3/4 years of issues, in November I was told I had one of two things uterine cancer or polycystic ovaries, luckily it turned out to be the latter, but I was told my chances of conceiving if I ever wanted kids was low. I was put on the pill, and changed from different ones all giving me the same depressive moods which just suddenly kick in as and when they feel like. That was the one thing that gave me the motivation to lose weight, if i lose enough I have 90% chance of coming off the pills. Also I want to run the race for life this year instead of breathlessly walk it, those two things are enough to motivate me to do something. This time I won't only be running the race for life for 3 family members and 4 friends who have all died from cancer, but myself and mum both of us having had cancer scares last year.

I restarted Slimming World 3 weeks ago at a weight of 14 stone 11.5 pounds. First week I lost 2.5 pounds, second 0.5 and third 3. 6 pounds in 3 weeks, last time i was on slimming world it took me 9 weeks to lose that amount.

I now have 43.5 pounds to lose until I reach my goal weight of 11 stone 4 pounds. Thats the weight my doctor has agreed to try and take me off the pills. Hopefully, by june 24th (the day I run race for life) i will be at that weight or very close anyway.

Hi, I'm new(ish) my names Alison and i'm 22 (ok 23 in 3 weeks) and I've decided to make a diary of my weight loss, so I have something to look back on, and where better to put it than on this forum so people can follow my journey.

Having always been overweight, I never decided to do anything about it until after finishing University, after I saw my graduation pictures. Always the one to be behind the camera and not in front I hated what I saw. I wouldn't get on the scales scared of what i would see. Finally I did and weighed 16 stone 6.5 pounds, the year before I'd been heavier, I could see the difference in my graduation pictures from 2010 and 2009 (yes, I graduated twice), I'm fairly sure I was closer to 18 stone the year before, but I have no way of know.

After a year I got to 14 stone 6 pounds (the lightest i've been since I was 13) on Slimming World. But losing only .5 or 1 pound a week was taking its toll, and I was returning to eating 2 or 3 chocolate bars a day.

Now, last august I talked myself into finally going the doctors after 3/4 years of issues, in November I was told I had one of two things uterine cancer or polycystic ovaries, luckily it turned out to be the latter, but I was told my chances of conceiving if I ever wanted kids was low. I was put on the pill, and changed from different ones all giving me the same depressive moods which just suddenly kick in as and when they feel like. That was the one thing that gave me the motivation to lose weight, if i lose enough I have 90% chance of coming off the pills. Also I want to run the race for life this year instead of breathlessly walk it, those two things are enough to motivate me to do something. This time I won't only be running the race for life for 3 family members and 4 friends who have all died from cancer, but myself and mum both of us having had cancer scares last year.

I restarted Slimming World 3 weeks ago at a weight of 14 stone 11.5 pounds. First week I lost 2.5 pounds, second 0.5 and third 3. 6 pounds in 3 weeks, last time i was on slimming world it took me 9 weeks to lose that amount.

I now have 43.5 pounds to lose until I reach my goal weight of 11 stone 4 pounds. Thats the weight my doctor has agreed to try and take me off the pills. Hopefully, by june 24th (the day I run race for life) i will be at that weight or very close anyway.

Hello, I can relate so much to a lot of things you've said. Glad to hear SW is being alot kinder to you this time around :)
Good news on the scare not being too serious. I'll check in on your diary as much as possible. Good luck! xx

Well, it was weigh in day today and I put on half a pound. Taking my total weight loss back to 5 and half pounds. I was slightly disappointed to start with but least it was only half a pound. This week is another week, I know last week I stuck too it same as I did the other 3 weeks but I'm guessing I probably didn't eat enough, I have a tendency to only eat half an evening meal. Onwards and upwards. Went for a jog (via the wii as its too cold out for me today) and ran 2.7km (beat me original score) in 10 mins which I'm proud of, I remember a time when I could barely run at all, and I might have been breathless after running today, but it helped me get back into the mood to lose weight after putting on. Bring on this week, time to knock that half a pound plus some more back off.

Had a doctors appointment this morning. Don't need to see her for another 6 months now my blood pressure is coming back normal and my medication seems to be working with my PCOS. She weighed me and reckoned I have lost 4.5 pounds since she weighed me last. So i got on the scales at home and that reckons I am back to 6 pound lost. Doctors scales are wrong once again. She did however confirm if I get to 11 Stone she will definitely take me off the medication, i can think of no better motivation that to get off the tablets that cause me to have depressive moods at random moments. 43 pounds left to go!

Back