Time to get serious!

littlesteph

Well, I am 24 years old and have been battling with my weight since I was 18. Started doing something about it when I was 21 and told I was 1lb away from being morbidly obese. Turned to SW when I was 22 after losing 2st on a calorie controlled diet which was great but stopped working for me when my mental health deteriorated and my comforting eating reached an all time high.

I love Slimming World, I think it is fantastic. The problem is me. I have a binge eating/overeating disorder and a severe addiction to junk food. I have heard so many people say that on SW that they dont even crave junk food anymore... I do - alot. I try to avoid magazines, tv and facebook like the plague incase they have something showing anything remotely naughty on there because it will drive me crazy. I crave junk food every single day.

I have realised now that I have 2 choices: stuff my face until I am sick and feel good for 30mins and then go right back to hating myself... or try and distract myself and recognise that I have other options. I have a quote on my Facebook page which I try to look to when I feel like binging: "Don't trade what you want most for what you want right now". It just sums up my whole weight loss journey. The nature of my mental health illnesses make me very impulsive and alot of the time I dont have time to even think about that quote - I just go right ahead and find any food I can get my hands on.

I broke into the 10s just before Xmas 2012 and was exstatic! I havent seen anything in the 10s since before I started uni. My dream is to get back to my healthy weight region and back into size 12 jeans! This year has been bad, I havent been serious at all and have been going up and down constantly in the 11s, the lowest being 11st 3lb, and I am currently 11st 10lb.

My goal is to get as low in the 11s as I possible can by Christmas. My problem in previous years has been allowing myself to literally hurl myself off the SW waggon at Christmas "for a few days"... which, this year, turned into a few months! So I am going to get through this christmas by using flexible syns and being realistic with myself - realising that when I go to parties and gatherings and there is tables full of naughty food under my nose, I am not going to be able to resist - if I try it will end very badly for me. But instead of throwing all my cards up in the air and saying "sod it - i will stuff my face for a few days" - ergo throwing all my progress out the window - I will simply allow myself to eat what I want during actual festive celebrations, but eat as sensibly as I can at other times. Then next year I am really commited now to finally reaching my goal weight of 9st. 2013 is going to be my year!

So I have joined here to meet like minded people and because I need as much support on this journey as I can get if I have a hope of getting to my goal.

Last edited:
Sorry about the "testing... testing" thing... The newbie restrictions are confusing me!!!

Welcome Steph and good luck on your s w journey. You will find all the help and support you need here were all on the same journey.

Thank you Texty, I havent been on here for many hours and can already see how supportive everyone is. I love that, I find weight loss alot easier with this kind of support. I think that is why I have struggled so much this year, I dont go to SW meetings, I do it online because I live in a little village and dont drive and all the meetings are in the local towns at awkward times. So I havent really had any kind of support on this scale since I was doing my calorie controlled diet.

Well its all here for you now so stay strong and if it helps you write a diary so that people can give you help and advice where/when needed

Welcome david and good luck on your journey too. maybe you could both join the s w budddies needed thread?? I think lots on there are new and are following each others progress.

Hi lovely :) found you and am all subscribed...lets do this!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Today is going well so far, have not been very well so slept quite late, but since waking up I have had pasta bake for lunch, 2 apples and a satsuma... got lots to get done the rest of today so should keep me distracted. Thats if I can drag my bum away from Minimins lol!

Back