Time to get serious!

Hi Ria

Sadly I'm back on the Cambridge bandwagon also :-(

I took my eye off the ball and the weight has slowly crept back on. I can't believe I'm actually back to square one.

The good news is I'm in the zone and week one will end this Thursday. Ketosis has finally kicked in so I'm no longer looking to eat my arm off!!

I'm aiming for 12 weeks also, so I'll be watching your progress closely lol!!

No diary for me I'm afraid (it's SOOO depressing, promising new starts every couple of months) so I'm looking to occasionally hijack yours!!

We can do this (roll eyes)

Xx

I feel like my future is full of endless shakes! I couldn't bear the porridge and I'm already feeling like the soup later will be vile. What are the bars like? I hear good things about the lemon yogurt one?

Nah its not all that long I promise. Once you get into the swing by of things.

Bars aren't bad, I also went through a phase of having a bar every day too! A lot of people like the lemon and you are allowed more than one lemon a day. I personally like the chocolate and the toffee... But not had them in ages.

Hi Ria

Sadly I'm back on the Cambridge bandwagon also :-(

I took my eye off the ball and the weight has slowly crept back on. I can't believe I'm actually back to square one.

The good news is I'm in the zone and week one will end this Thursday. Ketosis has finally kicked in so I'm no longer looking to eat my arm off!!

I'm aiming for 12 weeks also, so I'll be watching your progress closely lol!!

No diary for me I'm afraid (it's SOOO depressing, promising new starts every couple of months) so I'm looking to occasionally hijack yours!!

We can do this (roll eyes)

Xx

Haha no problem, I'm surprised people still keep up with my yoyo-ing lol.

Brilliant news on the 10lb lost....yea!!!

The easy part is over with.... Now starts the trouble....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Might also now take it one week at a time, so day one again today :) a little less daunting... Well until I change my mind again!.

Just had rice pudding, still don't think much of it but still have another pack left to eat lol.

Saw my cwpc today. So even after my loss Ive still gained on his scales (booo) it has been 6 weeks since I saw him But seriously?!

Morning, just got to work and realised I didn't weigh this morning, I meant to as (tmi) yesterday I had my first proper *ahem* movement since being back on it, and i though it might have impact on the scales lol, but saying that i have only really been weighing every other day which is never a bad thing considering the negative effect further down the line that daily weighing has for me (when they just. dont. move.)

So here I am reporting in day 2 (wk2).

Oh and this silly moo decided that because the weather is getting warmer no coat, and peeptoe shoes are appropriate - well, not for a train platform, or a train, or this office brrrrrr

In the aim of warming up (I've been freezing all morning!) and notching up some steps on the fitbit I went for a wonder for lunch, In true Ria style got lost (safely back now) but thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful smells borough market, and the high street have to offer, I will be sampling a "famous" chorizo roll at some point when I'm back off plan, and also perhaps a "gourmet" wrap, and some lovely looking noodle soup!

...not gonna lie, my tummy is grumbling now though!

x

Really. Really. Irritable today, I couldn't sit still all dar or find a comfortable position, then by the time I got home I felt like I could binge for Britain and bite off the head of anyone who dares talk to me. So I'm sending myself to bed before I do or say something I will regret.

OK, this certainly restricts brain function.

In the absence of ice, to make sure my shakes during the day at work are super cool I fill up my shaker and pop it in the freezer for an hour or so.

The freezer is in the same room as the printer.

I walked in the room and yes... you guessed it, open up a door - it wasn't the freezer door....oh man!

It's probably tiredness as well.

I'm also struggling with water the last few days too, only managed 1.2 - 1.5L which is odd for me as I usually drink like a fish - the annoying thingis, I'm still visiting the loo just as much!

Also, another TMI but I've been to the toilet again today, I'm quite confused as it was only 2 days ago and I really don't think I'm putting enough in me to warrant it - unless my supplements are mounting up lol. - but according to my colonic hydrotherapist you can store a lot of old stuff - maybe that's what is is, who knows hey!

I had to laugh at the printer - freezer confusion. A friend of mine put milk in the cat bowl... and cat food in her cuppa this morning. One of those days.
Things can build up, its surprising.
The only way to drink the shakes is really really cold. Blah.
Sounds like your doing good :)

Hi Ria

Do you think you've got "Cambridge brain" lol. In reality it's probably just because your tired. I do crazy things like that as well when I'm sleep deprived.

I had quite a disappointing first week weight in - 7.5 (historically a first week sees be losing 10+lbs). Anyhow a loss is a loss. Onwards and downwards.

That's great mel!!!! I wouldn't say no....

Also back on as of today... Will I get off is my question???

Ria you had an amazing first week. Stay focused now... A little slip is ok but it just prolongs this agony!

Where have I been at?

Well, as I think I previously mentioned I have been finding the commuting exhausting, been having early nights and still waking up feeling like "what sleep?!". It got to Friday and I caved, A doughnut, a cookie and a chicken wrap later, I felt worse than I started, as I was now tired and full! I had a snickers on the way home and two slices of my dads pizza later.

...then you know what, I went straight back on plan and into ketosis on Saturday...woo...go me....

but...

Then Sunday I was going to see my other half, I was all geared up to go for a nice lunch, but as it turned out he had to work dead early so we only got a measly 2 hours together - I would have been kicked off of the ship before he finished work. This kinda hit me hard, I wasn't prepared to be on plan (if that makes sense) and on this particular day had had to park a half an hour walk from the port. So after walking half an hour in the heat back into town I needed something before I passed out (having already felt a bit dodgy after the walk there too) so I grabbed a cookie in lidl, then soothing myself had a chicken wrap at a pop-up stall followed by ice cream,....now after friday I wasn't worried that this would be an issue since i thought I had made progress, what I didn't take into account was that this time I was in a completely different mind set, I wasn't in a good place and that is when I am not to be trusted.

When I got home I pretty much ate whatever I could grab , and kept going, I knew I was full but it was my emotion eating, not my hunger.

So yeah, here I am. I'm back on it now, still feeling a bit rough, and letting other worries get to me more than I should today, but never the less back to 100%.

I really think I need help with managing anxiety, but after my first attempt at the docs basically leaving me in a worse situation I guess I need to try and work through it myself.

...still tired to top it off too :-/

I had to laugh at the printer - freezer confusion. A friend of mine put milk in the cat bowl... and cat food in her cuppa this morning. One of those days.
Things can build up, its surprising.
The only way to drink the shakes is really really cold. Blah.
Sounds like your doing good :)

gross, my dad once tried to feed the dogs leftover chilli con carne instead of their food too lol

Hi Ria

Do you think you've got "Cambridge brain" lol. In reality it's probably just because your tired. I do crazy things like that as well when I'm sleep deprived.

I had quite a disappointing first week weight in - 7.5 (historically a first week sees be losing 10+lbs). Anyhow a loss is a loss. Onwards and downwards.

Onwards and downwards indeed, 7.5 is good enough :)

That's great mel!!!! I wouldn't say no....

Also back on as of today... Will I get off is my question???

Ria you had an amazing first week. Stay focused now... A little slip is ok but it just prolongs this agony!

Yeah I'm back on it, even if I have a slip I promise myself they will never last longer than a day again!

Find another doctor...maybe just not the right one for you? it's so bad when you have a bad encounter with a health professional - puts you right off.
I am having a picked gherkin fest this week which is outta control! <step away from the pickled gherkin jar>!!!
Wishing you a much better and well rested week x

Find another doctor...maybe just not the right one for you? it's so bad when you have a bad encounter with a health professional - puts you right off.
I am having a picked gherkin fest this week which is outta control! <step away from the pickled gherkin jar>!!!
Wishing you a much better and well rested week x

It wasn't the doctor as such, it's just that they refer you to these telephone counselling thing and all she did was send me photocopies of sheets and talk about what we would talk about next week, next week never came, and I just grew more anxious around trying to arrange the calls around work, and then on several occasions she would call late or not at all. hmmmm. I did have beta blockers to alleviate the physical symptoms (i was having panic attacks and dizziness late last year during a particularly stressful project) but i stopped taking them at that passed. it's just the constant worrying with me these days....i feel i need a time out and unfortunately i didnt get that on my holiday.

Gherkins! haha, there are much worse things - i was picking on yogurt coated banana chips last night, they are my nemesis, thank god theyre gone now!

other than that though I almost have 2 100% days under my belt again....off to see my cwpc tonight though, not gonna have a loss on his scales as im not back in ketosis yet, hey ho, just hope he spares me the lectures!

Hi Ria, I'm glad you managed a couple if good days. These will expand and then you'll be back in the groove.

WI this week shows a 4lb loss. Not bad for the second week. I want to average at 3.5lbs a week so I'm on target.

I hope your CWPC was not to hard on you.

Xx

Hey ria

Just saw your post on Lily's thread. So thought I would pop in.

Don't worry about it. The more you worry the more you eat, the more you eat, the more you worry. I talk from hateful experience.

We can all have remorseful afterthoughts about letting slip our iron grip from the heady days of a VCLD.

I wonder sometimes, if it is so traumatic for your body that you develop some sort of psychological failsafe every time you try and get bck into it!!!!

So I'm back on the slip pods, hoping it helps. It did previously, think I just stopped because of time and crying babies, but as it is I have no excuse.

Have a good evening!!!

Hi Ria, I'm glad you managed a couple if good days. These will expand and then you'll be back in the groove.

WI this week shows a 4lb loss. Not bad for the second week. I want to average at 3.5lbs a week so I'm on target.

I hope your CWPC was not to hard on you.

Xx

He was ok, but tbh the way I'm right now I'd take most things to heart!

Hey ria

Just saw your post on Lily's thread. So thought I would pop in.

Don't worry about it. The more you worry the more you eat, the more you eat, the more you worry. I talk from hateful experience.

We can all have remorseful afterthoughts about letting slip our iron grip from the heady days of a VCLD.

I wonder sometimes, if it is so traumatic for your body that you develop some sort of psychological failsafe every time you try and get bck into it!!!!

So I'm back on the slip pods, hoping it helps. It did previously, think I just stopped because of time and crying babies, but as it is I have no excuse.

Have a good evening!!!

Glad you're back on it, back on what seems like the everlasting uphill hike, let's get up this bloody mountain! Oh yes the heady days of easy vlcd, I always tittered at those who said "keep at it, it'll never be so easy second time around" thinking pah, what's different! whos laughing now hey, I'm so over this, but not to the extent I will accept the cumbersome snails pace of losses that another plan would give, I have 2 stone to shift and I don't want to hang around - even though that is exactly what I have been doing (madness).

Thing is, I know it's my head that ultimately need fixing, just not quite sure how to go about it right now, I mean what the hell is wrong with me, apart from the medium (hopfully not long) term relationship/location worries, I've got a lot going for me (I need grabbing by the shoulders and shaking!) I don't hate my job any more, I have the nicest man in my life, and might even be in a position to look at getting my own home in the coming year - basically everything I have wanted for a long while, now I just need to lift this heavy grey cloud off of my head and get on a bloody diet!!

sooo, my update.... thurs - good, fri - not good, saturday - not good either, sunday very good, monday good until about 6 - then not good, today - good so far.

I suppose it could be worse. And I see where I'm going wrong, when I have food i crave healthy home cooked food, when what actually happens is that i'm usually feeling down and am not in the mood to make said food so end up eating whatever is to hand - ie crap.

solution? not sure. Although i did better this weekend as at least some of the food was made from scratch - not necessarily healthy but not chocolate either (little win!) - i had a pack of mince which became a burger and a kheema mutter (mince curry with peas and some potato as well) which I had with chappatis, then I really wanted pizza but was too lazy to go to the shop so made my own from scratch - I've now got a leftover pizza base and some tomato pizza/pasta sauce in the freezer for next time i am so inclined.

So today, so far so good, find things easier at work. I think for now any 100% day I can get under my belt is an achievement, and even at my not-so-good weight of 11,11 sunday morning, I am still 5lbs lighter than I was post-holiday, so all is not loss, if at least I can do JUDDDD It's better than nothing, and if I do better- great!

Well....spent a good few days shovelling anything I can find into my mouth, but today have had a rather good day... not CWP as such but never the less under 800 cals and under 70 carbs so progress in every way.

Today I had the following...

Choc cwp shake made with skimmed milk
choc cwp shake
a dragon fruit
a sns almond bar
a whole pack of M&S thai something or other chicken with iceberg lettuce

...And the good news, the shovelling also had purpose, I have pretty much depleted my chocolate stash, with no intention of re-filling it...ever..! once upon a time i could have it there without a problem ( it was because i cant resist a choccy bargain!) but now it's just become the3 box i turn to when feeling crappy. so if i do ever buy crap...it must now be the sort of thing i have to eat there and then,. or within a few days... food that spoils... and is generally much better for you.

and this means, if i go off plan i have to make a concious choice to buy something which will hopefully make me think twice.

I'm not pledging the whole "this is it, im back on it" nonsense, i've said it too many times, but i am however trying to give myself the best chance...and this also includes getting myself another docs appointment and hopfefully some anti-depressants because this feeling **** has been going on too long (thanks for kicking my backside martha)./... if i can fix that I think the rest will follow much easier!

Back