Time to get serious!

Well....spent a good few days shovelling anything I can find into my mouth, but today have had a rather good day... not CWP as such but never the less under 800 cals and under 70 carbs so progress in every way. Today I had the following... Choc cwp shake made with skimmed milk choc cwp shake a dragon fruit a sns almond bar a whole pack of M&S thai something or other chicken with iceberg lettuce ...And the good news, the shovelling also had purpose, I have pretty much depleted my chocolate stash, with no intention of re-filling it...ever..! once upon a time i could have it there without a problem ( it was because i cant resist a choccy bargain!) but now it's just become the3 box i turn to when feeling crappy. so if i do ever buy crap...it must now be the sort of thing i have to eat there and then,. or within a few days... food that spoils... and is generally much better for you. and this means, if i go off plan i have to make a concious choice to buy something which will hopefully make me think twice. I'm not pledging the whole "this is it, im back on it" nonsense, i've said it too many times, but i am however trying to give myself the best chance...and this also includes getting myself another docs appointment and hopfefully some anti-depressants because this feeling **** has been going on too long (thanks for kicking my backside martha)./... if i can fix that I think the rest will follow much easier!

No butt kicking my love! Just looking out for you :)

U had a good day! Better than me anyway lol

Here's to tomorrow and it all being good for here on out!!

You have a lot to look forward too!! I'm right behind you all the way!

Love you xxx

Hi Ria

It sounds like you've got a good action plan. Stick with it :)

I've been very good but unfortunately the scales are stuck :-( I have this dreadful habit of weighing daily and I've remained the same for the past 8 days. I'm wondering if my body is rejecting the Cambridge approach ad in the past I've never had these disastrous results.

I'm teetering on the edge of starting carb cycling which is a variation of JUDDD but without the high sugar content. I just want this weight off but it seems to want to stick around :-(

No butt kicking my love! Just looking out for you :)

U had a good day! Better than me anyway lol

Here's to tomorrow and it all being good for here on out!!

You have a lot to look forward too!! I'm right behind you all the way!

Love you xxx

Aww, love you too, xx

Hi Ria

It sounds like you've got a good action plan. Stick with it :)

I've been very good but unfortunately the scales are stuck :-( I have this dreadful habit of weighing daily and I've remained the same for the past 8 days. I'm wondering if my body is rejecting the Cambridge approach ad in the past I've never had these disastrous results.

I'm teetering on the edge of starting carb cycling which is a variation of JUDDD but without the high sugar content. I just want this weight off but it seems to want to stick around :-(

haha a few days later and I can't even remember what my plan was! I've been tyring every day but not succeeding, although I think i've been averaging about 1000-2000 cals so at least a level for maintenance rather than gaining - I'd love to say it's been a healthy diet but it generally starts out well and gets topped off with chocolate or ice cream, ,my supplies are however almost gone and I won't be getting any more!

Carb cycling looks good - although when I did my calculations the cals looked a bit high for my liking - but it looks like an idea if you wan't to be exercising too -which I would like to think i could do sometime soon...

...in the mean time im on day 4 of that 30 day squat/abs challenge thing....all i can say is ouch!

today..well...started with the aim of being good but within 1 minute of being in work had a shortbread biscuit in my mouth! other than that i've done ok so far - just 2 shakes. - feel a bit iffy though, a bit jittery - i'm sure its all in my head though as i'll hardly be lacking after less than a day!

oh well.... i can only try!

Ria

Have you heard of Charlotte Ord. She was one of the UK Biggest Loser trainers and is also trainer of the year 2010 & 2014.

Anyway I listened to a webinar she did this week where she spoke about our brains and how what we think affects dieting.

She has an online coaching/therapy course that you might me interested in. Check it out

http://empowerproject.co.uk

Xx

Looks interesting, although I'm not quite so willing to part with the £97 they want....

I have bought the Paul Mckenna 'combat emotional eating' book this week and also have my docs appointment Friday afternoon so get na hope these things help a little...

I hit 12st again today and none of my jeans fit any more... They do up fine but are tight and wrinkly on my legs.... Funny how I gain and lose in different places each time...

I'm not happy that now we have lovely weather I can't wear any of my lovely summer clothes, so so far today this has motivated me quite well....

... Today I tidied up, went for a long walk with the dogs, and have only had 2 packs and a couple of slices of chicken to eat.... So far so good, but am taking it one hour at a time....

Sat in the garden and tanning myself now... Gonna get up in a minute, grav my book and some more water....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

So as I mentioned in Martha's diary, today marks 1 year since I got to my lowest of 9st13, also a year since I went on the holiday that started the spiral I never really recovered from.

Kick my own backside time - ya know I could have been maintaining almost a year by now?! instead I arill have 2.5 stone to lose. - nothing I can do about the past, but plenty I can do about the future.

Last year there were a lot of things that helped lead me astray, and on too many occasions soothing myself with food felt far more important that loosing weight. A lot of my problems are gone and things are going well in life. I still don't feel right though, so as previously mentioned, I've made a doc appointment to hopefully get something done about that.

And the good News is I've managed 3 days back on plan since Sunday. I have stolen the odd mouthful of my dads dinner here and there - usually cauliflower or meat so no biggie - but the late night chocolate binges have finished.

Unfortunately the days of of being able to buy treats when they are cheap and save them for special has gone, as I can't trust myself like I used to, but saying that, in developing furure good habits I should stop that sort of thing too. In a way, I have decided on the occasion i do have a treat it should be something fresh and natural - ie spoils within a few days - so NOT chocolate, and not something that will call me at a weak point because its hidden somewhere - this could mean a cream cake - but that's better than a bar of cadbury - at least there is some sort of nutrition there! and also - not bulk buying - a cake instead of a pack of cakes, a roll instead of a pack of rolls...ya get me.... See I hate food waste, so if theres more, I'll eat it, my parents weren't well off when I was little so I always had to finish my plate, nothing wrong with that, you don't put money in the bin, but the unfortunate side effect is now I cant physically leave something on a plate unless I feel sick! not great for the diet right!

Babble babble babble.... anyway... ,lets see hey!

Also bought slender tone abs and bottom and mum bought arms, so electrocuting myself every night with those - If i had these a year ago I'm sure I would have been much happier with where I got to! I'll be sure to take some pics of those areas tonight so I can see what effect they have!

x

Hi Ria!

Loved your last post because I can totally relate to everything that you said as I'm sure most us can on here! It's always refreshing to hear someone talk openly about the how's of why we put on weight the way we do! I decided a few days ago to give myself a kick up the backside too and feel wonderful for it, loving the feeling of being in control again and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep up the good work Ria and that coupla stone will be gone in no time at all! x

So as I mentioned in Martha's diary, today marks 1 year since I got to my lowest of 9st13, also a year since I went on the holiday that started the spiral I never really recovered from. Kick my own backside time - ya know I could have been maintaining almost a year by now?! instead I arill have 2.5 stone to lose. - nothing I can do about the past, but plenty I can do about the future. Last year there were a lot of things that helped lead me astray, and on too many occasions soothing myself with food felt far more important that loosing weight. A lot of my problems are gone and things are going well in life. I still don't feel right though, so as previously mentioned, I've made a doc appointment to hopefully get something done about that. And the good News is I've managed 3 days back on plan since Sunday. I have stolen the odd mouthful of my dads dinner here and there - usually cauliflower or meat so no biggie - but the late night chocolate binges have finished. Unfortunately the days of of being able to buy treats when they are cheap and save them for special has gone, as I can't trust myself like I used to, but saying that, in developing furure good habits I should stop that sort of thing too. In a way, I have decided on the occasion i do have a treat it should be something fresh and natural - ie spoils within a few days - so NOT chocolate, and not something that will call me at a weak point because its hidden somewhere - this could mean a cream cake - but that's better than a bar of cadbury - at least there is some sort of nutrition there! and also - not bulk buying - a cake instead of a pack of cakes, a roll instead of a pack of rolls...ya get me.... See I hate food waste, so if theres more, I'll eat it, my parents weren't well off when I was little so I always had to finish my plate, nothing wrong with that, you don't put money in the bin, but the unfortunate side effect is now I cant physically leave something on a plate unless I feel sick! not great for the diet right! Babble babble babble.... anyway... ,lets see hey! Also bought slender tone abs and bottom and mum bought arms, so electrocuting myself every night with those - If i had these a year ago I'm sure I would have been much happier with where I got to! I'll be sure to take some pics of those areas tonight so I can see what effect they have! x

It's all about learning good ways that work for us and I think ur idea about not buying packs and just singles is a good idea. I hate waste too and if it's there il eat it just like you

Let's just get this over with lol xxx

Hi Ria!

Loved your last post because I can totally relate to everything that you said as I'm sure most us can on here! It's always refreshing to hear someone talk openly about the how's of why we put on weight the way we do! I decided a few days ago to give myself a kick up the backside too and feel wonderful for it, loving the feeling of being in control again and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep up the good work Ria and that coupla stone will be gone in no time at all! x

It does feel good! although on the flip side when your not in control yet still trying it's the worst feeling ever, arguments with yoursefl!!

fingers crossed :)

It's all about learning good ways that work for us and I think ur idea about not buying packs and just singles is a good idea. I hate waste too and if it's there il eat it just like you

Let's just get this over with lol xxx

Oh man, yes, over with, I'm so done with it already!

Does the human tongue have a SIXTH sense? Researchers find people have 'sense of carbs' - and it triggers the brain's pleasure centre | Mail Online

Seen this and thought of us cambeidge diet-ers!! I say its definitely a sixth sense. I have to stay away from carbs best I can or else it a terrible downward spiral. I cant ever just have one or two biscuits. Once I start its like an addiction... I actually cant stop until the whole packet is gone :(!

I'm the same :-( and if i eat any normal food I don't feel satisfied until i have had some carbs!

...good news that just putting carbs in your mouth might temporarily help - now all we need it some slow release carb sucky sweet to pep us up!

Oh man, I did another post earlier and the Internet at work promptly gave up... And did so for the rest of the afternoon.

Anyhow, sat on the train waiting to go home, absolutely cream crackered, really would like a sleep but the air con is on full whack and it's too cold to be comfortable.

Did I mention I bought a slendertone? Perhaps repeating myself, but got abs and bottom ones and mum got arms, trying to use all 3 every day, and actually quite looking forward to getting home to use them... Something to distract me! Also my nails need doing but don't have the patience to soak off the current stuff... Maybe a job for tomorrow.

X

So after last night's slendertone abs, arms and bum sessions I can barely walk this morning! I usually relish the train commute - so much more opportunity to get walking, but I ache and I completely lack energy until I get my shake... Which subsequently my shaker is on my desk in London so no chance of that until at least 8.30!

Really not a fan of the whole waking up feeling knackered thing! I even dreamt about (no joke) special protein rich, no carb energy tablets that I could take.... Hope I get a little more energy soon!

X

Hi Ria

I hope you are feeling a bit more energised. This week my eyes have been sore (allergies) and that makes me feel so tired and sleepy :(

On the diet front I started carb cycling on Monday, so I won't know of any loss until next week. I've enjoyed it though. Finally eating "real" food that's tasty and healthy.

I know the weight loss will take longer but when I had zero weight loss after a 100% week on Cambridge and low losses the previous weeks, I figured my time with Cambridge was over. Previously in 3 weeks I have lost over 20lbs this time around it was barely 10lbs :(

I think the knack to this dieting lark is loving and accepting ourselves as we are. Trying not to eat away our pain, boredom, frustration or even eat our joy and happiness. But to find other non food ways of dealing with these things. Worshipping our bodies instead of treating it like a garbage bin.

Sounds easy huh.....pity in reality its not.

Hi Ria

I hope you are feeling a bit more energised. This week my eyes have been sore (allergies) and that makes me feel so tired and sleepy :(

On the diet front I started carb cycling on Monday, so I won't know of any loss until next week. I've enjoyed it though. Finally eating "real" food that's tasty and healthy.

I know the weight loss will take longer but when I had zero weight loss after a 100% week on Cambridge and low losses the previous weeks, I figured my time with Cambridge was over. Previously in 3 weeks I have lost over 20lbs this time around it was barely 10lbs :(

I think the knack to this dieting lark is loving and accepting ourselves as we are. Trying not to eat away our pain, boredom, frustration or even eat our joy and happiness. But to find other non food ways of dealing with these things. Worshipping our bodies instead of treating it like a garbage bin.

Sounds easy huh.....pity in reality its not.

I feel your pain, I thought that after a hayfever-ridden (so bad i stayed indoors at playtime) childhood i had grown out of it...no such luck!!

I totally get you, if Cambridge isn't getting results any more, no point doing it, me however just need to actually do it lol.

So got some pills from the doc on Friday, started taking them yesterday, and experiencing their lovely side effects - dodgy tummy, I was sick last night (might just be an unlucky coincidence) and nausea most of the time! it'll subside after a few days, but oh god, let those days hurry up, I feel awful! the up side however is I really don't want to eat! Hope they work in the long run!

at work today just trying to get through the day! x

I feel your pain, I thought that after a hayfever-ridden (so bad i stayed indoors at playtime) childhood i had grown out of it...no such luck!!

I totally get you, if Cambridge isn't getting results any more, no point doing it, me however just need to actually do it lol.

So got some pills from the doc on Friday, started taking them yesterday, and experiencing their lovely side effects - dodgy tummy, I was sick last night (might just be an unlucky coincidence) and nausea most of the time! it'll subside after a few days, but oh god, let those days hurry up, I feel awful! the up side however is I really don't want to eat! Hope they work in the long run!

at work today just trying to get through the day! x

Hi Ria

How are the tablets going? Is your tummy a bit better and more importantly are they having any effect?

My first week of carb cycling has yielded me a 1.4lb loss. Not bad from someone who enjoyed cake amongst other healthy things :)

This week I'm concentrating on lifting heavy weights at least 3 times a week. Hopefully this will allow me to shift a little more. I'll be happy with 2-3lbs a week :)

Hi Ria How are the tablets going? Is your tummy a bit better and more importantly are they having any effect? My first week of carb cycling has yielded me a 1.4lb loss. Not bad from someone who enjoyed cake amongst other healthy things :) This week I'm concentrating on lifting heavy weights at least 3 times a week. Hopefully this will allow me to shift a little more. I'll be happy with 2-3lbs a week :)
I feel out of the loop now been away for so long! if you are lifting expect a gain I've put on 2lb from it in 19days but I look and feel so much better, I don't think anything is worse than once you have lost the weight having to look at a skinny fat body lol. Carb cycling? It's probably really obvious but what is this? Lol x

Hope everyone's doing well :) I'm sure you are just fine, sending lots of positive thoughts your way x

I feel out of the loop now been away for so long! if you are lifting expect a gain I've put on 2lb from it in 19days but I look and feel so much better, I don't think anything is worse than once you have lost the weight having to look at a skinny fat body lol. Carb cycling? It's probably really obvious but what is this? Lol x

Hi Danniellea

Carb cycling is where you alternate days eating high and low carb meals. Lifting heavy on your high carb days. I'm trying to repair my metabolism, which I think has been affected by years of yo-yo dieting :(

I know what you mean by skinny fat. It's not a good look :)

Good Afternoon.

The new pills are yet to have any effect, apart from not really being able to sit still for long, I'm like this anyway but at the moment it's worse, apparently it could take anything from 2 weeks for me to feel any effect so I guess I've got to be patient for now.

But struggling, still finding everyday tasks too much of an effort and being on plan seems like a massive challenge. really hoping when the pills do decide to kick in that it will change things!

So today is yet another day 1, simply because I bought so many lovely summer clothes last year and I can't wear any of them right now. problem for now though is that's not motivating me enough - as in I don't really want to be on plan, I just want pizza and brownies all the time - but we all know that's not good - so I'm reluctantly trying, and whatever I do is the best I can do for now!

It's like something I read recently I suppose - people think it's a nice idea to be slim, but most of them like eating more! - I can relate - except when I do eat I continuously beat myself up for the fact I'm not the weight I was this time last year (although for those short fleeting moments the pizza and brownies were damn good!)

gah! messy messy head, but i'll get there sometime, eventually, oh how I would enjoy feeling good again! oh and I'm currently buying an apartment - this has been quite smooth so far but ya know, it's probably not exactly helping!

eek

Maybe you should have a look at a paleo lifestyle? It seems to me Cambridge just isn't working for you anymore, why waste soooo much money on it? Yeah Cambridge is fabulous to get it off quick but if you aren't 100% in it & don't make changes to your life then what's the point? The cake will still be there when you're at goal sure but isn't that what got you on Cambridge in the first place? Drop the pizza & brownies lady, they don't love you back!! Maybe I'm harsh by saying that but why sugar coat it, it's not going to help you achieve anything. You can't live your life on Cambridge. The meds usually take 4 weeks to make any changes but therapy is the best in my experience. You know you are better than your demons and so does everyone else :) look at all these people you inspire! You are truly an amazing girl don't you forget it x

Back