Time to get serious!

In the name of variety - choc vanilla mousse...

image-1923520680.jpg

Vanilla Choco mousse round 2...

image-940117523.jpg

Thought this looked pretty cool! Shame I don't really like the vanilla! At least it's gone now!

Had my "ss+" lunch today. Well, a plate I iceberg, cucumber and egg. Sod's law really, last week when I ate normal food on the ship there was not much I liked or fancied, this week I'm being good and there's all sorts, including curry chips! I've never seen curry chips on board before! Alas, all that was ss+ friendly was My 'salad', I ate maybe a 1/3 of it before I gave up, it was boring, no flavour, no nothing, just a bit of a waste of time. Instead sat watching the people I sat on a table with scoffing coronation chicken, Yorkshire pudding, cream horns!

So wondering if its really worth it next week on our team day on Thursday. Hoping maybe the addition of some grilled chicken will help me!

Lovely to see my man, but as alway it's never long enough :-(

Mini goal perhaps to see if I can make a reasonable dent in my weight before I see him again week Saturday, would be nice if I could do enough that he notices? (He does usually but obv after 1 week there's not much change)

His friend (who I've almost known as long as him) did come over and compliment me on how slim I am now, bless him.

Weigh in this morning, minus 4.5lbs, pretty good, so that's sort of an everage loss for this week plus catch up/compensatory bit on top from last weeks indiscrssion!

Still really struggling, had a couple of broccoli florets the other night off of mums plate, then was starving at lunch today so had some broccoli again, actually ate the broccoli then struggled to finish the soup, d'oh!

Had hammering headaches yesterday, and starting to wonder if it's my body telling me it might be time to start adding a bit more in. I've been feeling a bit more human on the days when I have had something extra. So plan is, to try and stick to SS, but allow SS+ or a bit of something from that plan if i need it - like a bit of salad, or a splash of milk here and there, trying my bestest not to since I want to get to target ASAP since I'm so close, but also at the same time understanding my body's needs might be changing.

My BMI is torpedoing towards normal at 26.1, which might also explain the above, going to ask my CWPC when I should start moving up plans when I see him next, but want to try and stay on ss for as long as possible in the mean time!

Team day out today.

Had a shake on the train there.

A fruit tea when everyone was eating bacon muffins.

Salad for lunch - which u had really been looking forward to - with chicken, bacon, avocado, cheese, lettuce, cucumber, tomato (I had told them to omit the dressing and croutons) - off plan slightly but on the low carb side of things - was crap! I was expecting warm chicken and bacon, nope, all cold and chopped up so tiny it couldn't be tasted! Cheese was nasty, avocado, well, if forgotten that avocado makes me want to vom! And the lettuce, ya know when it tastes a bit pondy? Ugh. So actually left the majority of it, and very glad I didn't just pay that £12.95 myself! I mean if it had a cooked chicken breast, or escalope at least, then maybe the price could be justified! Ate half a bar before leaving the restaurant as I jut wasn't feeling satisfied!

Ate the other half of my bar at the train station after not only loosing my ticket, but having to but a (extortionately priced) other one, and missing my train to boot!

Then shoved down a shake when I got home.

Feeling very pissed off this evening for the above reason and a few others.

Ugh!!

Almost the weekend eh?!

And note to self, I don't like lettuce unless its iceberg, romaine or little gem, otherwise, I must not bother! Bleeughh!

Haha ohhh no nightmare with the food, av got a team lunch next week and av already had a look at the menu and guess what... Its chicken and bacon salad for me too!!! X

I'm just gonna put it out there. The slimmer I get, the more a certain overweight person I know if off towards me. We've never been best buddies by any stretch, but we've rubbed along ok, but lately it seems to be getting less... Amicable I'd say.

What can I do, I can't avoid this person, and can't avoid getting slimmer either! I avoid the subject but others keep bringing it up. It's awkward and makes things uneasy and difficult even.

Ok, it might not be weight related, but I certainly think it isn't helping what is already a uneasy relationship.

Just needed to get that off my chest, and any advice will be much appreciated.

it may be that the person is secretly jealous so i wouldnt change your ways at all
this happened to me when i lost a lot of weight a few years ago, 1st start off less texts and phonecalls and as it went on eventually stopped gettin invited out to lunches and nights out and when i asked them about it the reason was "oh but your on a diet"
then eventually we stopped speakin alltogether then on a drunk random meeting she admitted she was just jelous that i was doing something she found so hard
if it was someone you were close to i would say speak to them and offer support etc, if its not then fook them. carry on doing what your doing and dont give them anything. if they want to be overweight and jelous in silence then let them!!

it may be that the person is secretly jealous so i wouldnt change your ways at all
this happened to me when i lost a lot of weight a few years ago, 1st start off less texts and phonecalls and as it went on eventually stopped gettin invited out to lunches and nights out and when i asked them about it the reason was "oh but your on a diet"
then eventually we stopped speakin alltogether then on a drunk random meeting she admitted she was just jelous that i was doing something she found so hard
if it was someone you were close to i would say speak to them and offer support etc, if its not then fook them. carry on doing what your doing and dont give them anything. if they want to be overweight and jelous in silence then let them!!

Fook them indeed! Don't actually care about then at all, just have to spend a lot of time with them which is frustrating, just need to find ways to ignore it guess :-s

Defo take the high toad

You shouldnt havr to hide your weight loss or feel bad about talking about it, esp as youv done so well!!!

Defo take the high toad

You shouldnt havr to hide your weight loss or feel bad about talking about it, esp as youv done so well!!!

Ha, well I've decided not to be too open with any other good stuff going on in my life now too, it seems to work to my detriment! (And don't get me wrong, I don't boast or anything) My other half even told me to tell everyone we broke up so that it might make them feel happy! Pathetic really! But hey, that's other people's problem, not mine!

I went into the shop I used to work in the other day, saw a girl I have been kinda friends with on and off, haven't seen her for months, she didn't say a word about my weight when we spoke, not a problem, I don't expect it at all, but it only occurred to me after I left the store, just after I saw another ex colleague who was very over the top about how different I look, she was gushing - now how is it that she could be so shocked yet the other one not say a word? Bizarre!

Because people r haters and have nothing better to do with their lives. You don't need to b bothered about people like that so fook that! The people who matter will be supportive and happy for you. That's what counts xx

Defo sad they think that way. It takes all sorts tho eh? I'm sure ul write an equally good post second time around :) maybe even better?!

Lol cheer up hun xx

SO... Probably the most difficult week so far.

Have been back on plan almost 6 weeks now after my two week holiday break. Before my holiday I did 7. Had a really bad week the week before my holiday which at the time I put down to the anticipation of knowing I wold be eating soon, however now that I am back at that point again I am inclined to re-assess and consider it to be a 6 week hump (or mountain!).

I've got thought the last week by SS+ most of the time, although I am not overly comfortable with that since I don't want my losses to slow. I have been using that app on iPhone to record my Kcals this week too and I am not best impressed with the 5 week weight projection it gives me, so really hoping I can lay off of the SS+ unless I'm feeling really desperate, I did because of plans, and cos I wanna feeling fab, but it became more of a habit than the treat I wanted it to be!

can't seem to SS rot now and it's driving me mad.... My week went like this..... Monday stole some broccoli off of my mums plate, Tuesday had some broccoli with my soup at lunch, Wednesday brought some turkey and broccoli after seeing my CWPC and had that for dinner, Thursday had that awful salad on my team day, Friday had more broccoli and turkey, Saturday think I actually managed SS! Today finished off a small piece of turkey which was due to go out of date, then spilt half a shake pack down myself so in the end ended up having about 1.5 shakes since I had already started mixing the first pack with my last bit of mix-a-mousse -D'OH!!!!

REALLY worried about how my week has impacted my loss this week, I know I've not really gone off of plan, but the whole thing for me is that I omit the food, avoid temptation and don't screw up, so in this mindset I feel like I have done wrong.

Hoping that I can get back to normal tomorrow. Don't want to go back into work for many reasons, and I know stress makes me want to eat (which also explains a lot) but this is life and I gotta just do it.

Really hoped I would see the 10s next weigh in but it is looking like I'm going to miss it by a couple of pounds - this happened with the 11s, as soon as I got close they just didn't quite happen when I expected! I absolutely must see 9.5 stone by the beginning of June. I have 6 weeks, and about 23lbs, and I know if I stick to SS 100% and absolutely ensure my fluids meet about 3L a day, I can do this. 6 More weeks then I can move up the steps, No more messing around, I just have to remember its not worth the guilt or the extra time it adds until I get to target.

And also, I must start moisturising regularly, my arms are deflating but the cellulite ridden skin is not keeping up, not attractive at all so need to give it the best chance possible before they start coming out a little more over summer!

Right so now I have given myself a good talking to, it's time for bed. Goodnight all.

SO... Probably the most difficult week so far.

Have been back on plan almost 6 weeks now after my two week holiday break. Before my holiday I did 7. Had a really bad week the week before my holiday which at the time I put down to the anticipation of knowing I wold be eating soon, however now that I am back at that point again I am inclined to re-assess and consider it to be a 6 week hump (or mountain!).

I've got thought the last week by SS+ most of the time, although I am not overly comfortable with that since I don't want my losses to slow. I have been using that app on iPhone to record my Kcals this week too and I am not best impressed with the 5 week weight projection it gives me, so really hoping I can lay off of the SS+ unless I'm feeling really desperate, I did because of plans, and cos I wanna feeling fab, but it became more of a habit than the treat I wanted it to be!

can't seem to SS rot now and it's driving me mad.... My week went like this..... Monday stole some broccoli off of my mums plate, Tuesday had some broccoli with my soup at lunch, Wednesday brought some turkey and broccoli after seeing my CWPC and had that for dinner, Thursday had that awful salad on my team day, Friday had more broccoli and turkey, Saturday think I actually managed SS! Today finished off a small piece of turkey which was due to go out of date, then spilt half a shake pack down myself so in the end ended up having about 1.5 shakes since I had already started mixing the first pack with my last bit of mix-a-mousse -D'OH!!!!

REALLY worried about how my week has impacted my loss this week, I know I've not really gone off of plan, but the whole thing for me is that I omit the food, avoid temptation and don't screw up, so in this mindset I feel like I have done wrong.

Hoping that I can get back to normal tomorrow. Don't want to go back into work for many reasons, and I know stress makes me want to eat (which also explains a lot) but this is life and I gotta just do it.

Really hoped I would see the 10s next weigh in but it is looking like I'm going to miss it by a couple of pounds - this happened with the 11s, as soon as I got close they just didn't quite happen when I expected! I absolutely must see 9.5 stone by the beginning of June. I have 6 weeks, and about 23lbs, and I know if I stick to SS 100% and absolutely ensure my fluids meet about 3L a day, I can do this. 6 More weeks then I can move up the steps, No more messing around, I just have to remember its not worth the guilt or the extra time it adds until I get to target.

And also, I must start moisturising regularly, my arms are deflating but the cellulite ridden skin is not keeping up, not attractive at all so need to give it the best chance possible before they start coming out a little more over summer!

Right so now I have given myself a good talking to, it's time for bed. Goodnight all.

Dont be so hard on yourself regarding doing step 2 hun my losses actually improved again after moving up to step 2. This might be your bodies way of telling you its struggling and needs more and if that is the case losses probably will slow as your body will worry it isnt getting enough. I like yiu was determined to stay on SS until goal but ended up moving on to step 2 when I was 21lbs off goal im now 7.5lbs off goal and staying on step 2 until then. Ive also heard the longer you can drag the steps out the better in regards to maintenence but not sure if this is true or not.

Hope you feel better soon you have done so well!!

Hi Ria, new to this forum but nearly 6 weeks into CWP! Read through this entire thread last night but was so tired by the end I don't think I could have physically replied! Just wanted to say how well you have done...you are really looking fantastic, you can see a huge difference in the photos!

I think the fact you know where you have gone "wrong" (though there's really not that much damage turkey and broccoli can do, at least in my experience) is the first step to saying, it's Monday tomorrow, a new week, time to get on with it. I have a fairly lax attitude towards CWP - if my friends are going out, I will go out, drink, if family are over, I will eat a meal with them etc etc. I've been in and out of ketosis a couple of times since I've been on the diet (I did LL last year so kind of knew where I could be a little bit cheaty). Every time I've "slipped up," however intentional, I've just refused to let myself even think I can do anything BUT be faithful to the diet once I'm back on it. You will probably see a fairly hefty loss this week if you do stick to SS, but like LMS said, there's nothing wrong with SS+. If you do feel like you need that bit extra, why not try doing 'proper' SS+ as it were?

Anyway, keep up the fantastic work. Don't beat yourself up & see it as a fresh start this week. I have total confidence that you will go beyond your goals by June!

Back