Time to get serious!

God it seems like sooo long. Crazy when you think how much time and energy we invest in getting the body we want.

Good plan on getting your nails done. I ordered myself some shellac varnish and a top coat which negates the need for uv. Dries in 60 seconds too, which is obvs' a bonus since I mostly run after a hyperactive toddler all hours of the day and night. I do need some pampering. I fancy a massage. Maybe next week when I'm not cringing when I'm touched!

It's day 5 for me and I'm so desperate to do this right this time, so skillfully avoiding the kitchen at the moment. For some reason I'm hungry today too. It's surely not enough water. So going to drink some now...;)

Have a good day!

God it seems like sooo long. Crazy when you think how much time and energy we invest in getting the body we want.

Good plan on getting your nails done. I ordered myself some shellac varnish and a top coat which negates the need for uv. Dries in 60 seconds too, which is obvs' a bonus since I mostly run after a hyperactive toddler all hours of the day and night. I do need some pampering. I fancy a massage. Maybe next week when I'm not cringing when I'm touched!

It's day 5 for me and I'm so desperate to do this right this time, so skillfully avoiding the kitchen at the moment. For some reason I'm hungry today too. It's surely not enough water. So going to drink some now...;)

Have a good day!

I know, but in the end it is worth every minute and penny for the feeling you get after!

Oooh, you will have to let me know how that goes, I had shellac for the first time before holiday and now I'm a convert but I don't wanna be paying for it every fortnight so I'm very intrigued! I just can't ever keep still long enough for my nails to dry properly which is why shellac works for me too!

I don't know about you but as far as my brain goes hunger and boredom are the same thing usually!

I'm on over 2l of water today but feeling hungry and flagging, having my first shake much later like yesterday is Deffo the plan going forward today was 8.30 and 12.30 and now I need something but can't until I get home. Ill see how I fair but if I keep feeling like this I might add in a 4th pack if I need it occasionally!

.... I can feel the headache creeping in!

X

I was thinking the same thing. But I know it's because I'm bored and I can't get out because ITs raining plus, I should be working from home but I'm having a hard time focusing.

Boo hiss. I may have my pack a bit early. This is really head hunger, don't want to mention food but I got one of those sainsburys leaflets through with the free paper before and just squizzing through it made me turn into a flesh eating maniac. Thoroughly had to restrain myself! I'm still having flashbacks.

Guess that cleaning may help. Yes maybe I will do some of that!

I was thinking the same thing. But I know it's because I'm bored and I can't get out because ITs raining plus, I should be working from home but I'm having a hard time focusing.

Boo hiss. I may have my pack a bit early. This is really head hunger, don't want to mention food but I got one of those sainsburys leaflets through with the free paper before and just squizzing through it made me turn into a flesh eating maniac. Thoroughly had to restrain myself! I'm still having flashbacks.

Guess that cleaning may help. Yes maybe I will do some of that!

Ah yes, I can relate, that was me yesterday!

Ugh, it's so bloody tough isn't it, I want something, I don't know if I actually do or not, but in my head I do!

Hey ho, It's only day two and in reality I don't need to SS for that long so there's no excuses! I'm prob gonna have lunch out on 13th so even more of a reason why there's no excuses until then - hopefully I'll be back on step 2 then - or about to be at least, plan is to go back onto step 2 when I get back to my pre-holiday weight of 10st so the sooner I can get there the better - I can't wait for my greek yogurt/choc shake combo for breakky again YUM!

Nails are all done, and again I love them, a pale pink today since I'm not in a vibrant sort of mood!

I know I shouldn't, but it makes me laugh how ridiculous it is, I jumped on the scales just now and am apparently 4lbs lighter than I was yesterday morning lol

Feeling/looking like the bloat is beginning to go down at last. But seriously, it's ridiculous!

the bloat could well be going down. Also it looked hot where you were, I think I was told heat makes bloat worse. Anyway, you are back on track and doing well :) well done for that :)

Shitty about the job and stuff :(

How are you nails? What did you get done? I bent one of my acrylics back and it bloomin hurts lol

the bloat could well be going down. Also it looked hot where you were, I think I was told heat makes bloat worse. Anyway, you are back on track and doing well :) well done for that :)

Shitty about the job and stuff :(

How are you nails? What did you get done? I bent one of my acrylics back and it bloomin hurts lol

Yeah, I'm pinning my hope on that lol

I have Gel colour put on them, and since it makes your nails quite thick they don't break whilst its on so they have grown rather long, I love it! I'm not the sort of person who agrees with paying to get your nails done, but I might actually keep this up!

X

Ugh, day 3 almost done! Blended a cappuccino shake with ice in the hope it may be more filling, it kinda was but doesn't taste anywhere near as nice as I remember!!

Pretty much hating SS, feel deprived! Can't wait to get back on step 2! But I promised myself I would get back to my pre-holiday weight of 10st before I'm allowed!

Onwards and downwards :p

X

I know what you mean I think we all have these shake revelations. I dint know if it's out tastes change it if it's that the packs change.

Day 4 tomorrow. That's the back of the week broken. So you should be able to go up to step two next week. Yay!

Well.... Fell off plan, this is not something I do and I really hope it's not the beginning of a bad habit!

After 3 days 100% ss, Friday, I had my shake for breakfast as usual, then I fell!

I ended up having lasagne with chips and veg for lunch, some chocolate rice crackers and a choc ice at work, then pizza and home made banana ice cream for dinner....

At which point I decided to give myself the rest of the weekend off. I've never done a restart and had so little motivation about it. Not to mention being exhausted, I have been waking up at least 6or7 times a night every night this week. And throwing the 5am alarm and 1.5 hour commutes back in the mix and the stress of this weeks job revelations I was really up against it :-(

I want to get to target ASAP, and the stone I gained on holiday really shows and is Making me feel crap, so thank god for that little bit of motivation I still have.

Yesterday included Bircher muesli (homemade), curry (homemade) nachos, some chocolate and some kulfi (Indian ice cream) (homemade)

For breakky right now I am sipping on a choc shake which I blended with a banana and some skimmed milk - still off plan but not the crime of the century, we are having a BBQ layer.

I think tomorrow ill be back on it, ill try ss but will allow ss+ or step 2 if its not working. I CAN do this, I really don't wanna fail so close to the end!!

You know what. This is the hardest time to stick to plan. Your close to goal, your losses are smaller and every pound seem a lifetime away.

I have been through this struggle once or twice. I think you have to find a way to make it work and stay in ketosis. Have a look at marks daily apple blog and see what I was talking about when I mentioned paleo. Its more a way of life than a diet. This could be what you need to mix and match with some packs.

Take it from someone who has been there. Don't give up. That pizza and lasagne are not worth it. Sure have the curry but without the rice. Don't touch grains. They will bloat you like there is no tomorrow. Get your focus and determination back. Truly i know how easy it is to go "f it, look how far I have come" but it's about never going bck there!!

I'm here to lean on of you need it. Don't worry I will return the favour when I'm outbid ketosis la la land.

You know what. This is the hardest time to stick to plan. Your close to goal, your losses are smaller and every pound seem a lifetime away.

I have been through this struggle once or twice. I think you have to find a way to make it work and stay in ketosis. Have a look at marks daily apple blog and see what I was talking about when I mentioned paleo. Its more a way of life than a diet. This could be what you need to mix and match with some packs.

Take it from someone who has been there. Don't give up. That pizza and lasagne are not worth it. Sure have the curry but without the rice. Don't touch grains. They will bloat you like there is no tomorrow. Get your focus and determination back. Truly i know how easy it is to go "f it, look how far I have come" but it's about never going bck there!!

I'm here to lean on of you need it. Don't worry I will return the favour when I'm outbid ketosis la la land.

Thanks Honey,

I'll deffo take a look!

I'm not giving up, I SHALL NOT!! i guess the difficulty is that it's the first time for me that the strong determination and drive isn't there, last time i went away i literally couldn't wait to get back on plan cos i was so sick of eating and feeling crap from it. I guess it was the worst time to have a holiday! but in my defense, I had always thought i would be at target before I went and it would just be a maintenance job when I came back. alas it was not to be!

The ironic thing is that ordinarily i don't touch that sort of stodge (the pizza/lasagne)- it's rarely my first choice when it comes to food, I guess I became was a bit of a dead woman walking, just in need of any sort of sustenance. However I know things are on the up, since the "amended" shake this morning could well have been some lovely toasted baps dripping with butter (got a carrier bag full of them, purchased on behalf of mum for the bbq) but no, it was a shake - and oh boy - blending it with a banana makes it one hell of a filling MoFo, that's agood tip to remember for those maintenance times ahead!

And the curry was with a couple of chapatis - I've gone off rice a bit lately, I know that's still wheat, but I find 2 chapatis far more filling than a plate full of rice, they're just a pain in the butt to make as I always manage to get flour everywhere!!

Plan for today, well, there's nothing I feel i NEED to eat (you all know what I mean by need, it never means need) which again is a good thing (God! I know I said it already, but jeee, I'm so bloody stuffed right now!) So unless something ridiculously tempting comes my way I will prob blend up an icy shake for lunch, then as planned, bbq for dinner.

Lesson learnt these past few days: I still need to work on the emotional aspect of diet, the "i'm feeling crap=eat" or "things have been bad, i deserve a reward=eat" - I'll get nowhere if i dont get past this!

I'm still shattered, though slept a little better last night, have got my bed clothes in the wash right now - hoping for the "fresh linen" effect tonight maybe! working from home tomorrow so I don't have to get up too early. Aim of today - try and get my sh*t sorted! room is a complete mess from not unpacking properly, head is in a mess from tiredness, stress of work situation, and being depressed about being back from hols - it's sad but i get holiday blues every time for at least 3 weeks after coming home, I guess that's also a kick up the butt for me to make some positive changes in my life!

Onwards and upwards! awaiting a call from my man, and then once i've spoken to him time to tackle this mess - interspersed with a little bit of sunshine here and there - these legs are feeling a bit sad that they look nothing like they have just returned from the med!

Thanks Honey,

I'll deffo take a look!

I'm not giving up, I SHALL NOT!! i guess the difficulty is that it's the first time for me that the strong determination and drive isn't there, last time i went away i literally couldn't wait to get back on plan cos i was so sick of eating and feeling crap from it. I guess it was the worst time to have a holiday! but in my defense, I had always thought i would be at target before I went and it would just be a maintenance job when I came back. alas it was not to be!

The ironic thing is that ordinarily i don't touch that sort of stodge (the pizza/lasagne)- it's rarely my first choice when it comes to food, I guess I became was a bit of a dead woman walking, just in need of any sort of sustenance. However I know things are on the up, since the "amended" shake this morning could well have been some lovely toasted baps dripping with butter (got a carrier bag full of them, purchased on behalf of mum for the bbq) but no, it was a shake - and oh boy - blending it with a banana makes it one hell of a filling MoFo, that's agood tip to remember for those maintenance times ahead!

And the curry was with a couple of chapatis - I've gone off rice a bit lately, I know that's still wheat, but I find 2 chapatis far more filling than a plate full of rice, they're just a pain in the butt to make as I always manage to get flour everywhere!!

Plan for today, well, there's nothing I feel i NEED to eat (you all know what I mean by need, it never means need) which again is a good thing (God! I know I said it already, but jeee, I'm so bloody stuffed right now!) So unless something ridiculously tempting comes my way I will prob blend up an icy shake for lunch, then as planned, bbq for dinner.

Lesson learnt these past few days: I still need to work on the emotional aspect of diet, the "i'm feeling crap=eat" or "things have been bad, i deserve a reward=eat" - I'll get nowhere if i dont get past this!

I'm still shattered, though slept a little better last night, have got my bed clothes in the wash right now - hoping for the "fresh linen" effect tonight maybe! working from home tomorrow so I don't have to get up too early. Aim of today - try and get my sh*t sorted! room is a complete mess from not unpacking properly, head is in a mess from tiredness, stress of work situation, and being depressed about being back from hols - it's sad but i get holiday blues every time for at least 3 weeks after coming home, I guess that's also a kick up the butt for me to make some positive changes in my life!

Onwards and upwards! awaiting a call from my man, and then once i've spoken to him time to tackle this mess - interspersed with a little bit of sunshine here and there - these legs are feeling a bit sad that they look nothing like they have just returned from the med!

Hello CrazyD,

Reading your diary helped me to make the decision to do a VLCD and it was so lovely to share in your journey and so interesting to read about people's reactions to your weight loss and their views about who is allowed to be slim.
Perhaps if you revisit some of the entries you can reconnect with some of your motivation.....the clothes, the shopping, the targets, lol......
Maybe you don't want the journey to end ?
I really think identifying your triggers is key.......food does not calm nerves it smothers emotion......food is not your friend cos friendship shouldn't make you fat...but most of all being slim won't make you happy but it will allow you to stand alongside slim peers knowing that people are not making judgements about you based on your size..........I hate that that is true but it is....
You have done great....it's just a little further to go.......

Ria don't worry

It could be a case of you missing cooking etc

You have done it before many times and you will reach your goal.

I'm worried about getting bk on plan too but I know we both can do it!!

Xxx

Ria dont be too hard on yourself and jump straight back on tomorrow you've done amazing so far. Im on holiday now and so stressed about food. Right now I hate cambridge diet, it has helped me so much when I needed to loose weight but now im trying to maintain I feel id be better at slimming world... I feel so guilty saying that lol. I feel like I have piled on loads of weight on holiday and sad to say that it has ruined it a bit for me. I really haven't been that bad only ate at meal times, had 2 very small like bitesize puddings and 1 ice cream. Everything on the all inclusive is drizzled in bloody oil though.

Im in such a bad mood tonight. Feeling like ive put on loads of weight. What a loser eh.

Chin up lovely, you'll get back on it :) x

Awwww, you're all so lovely!

Hello CrazyD,

Reading your diary helped me to make the decision to do a VLCD and it was so lovely to share in your journey and so interesting to read about people's reactions to your weight loss and their views about who is allowed to be slim.
Perhaps if you revisit some of the entries you can reconnect with some of your motivation.....the clothes, the shopping, the targets, lol......
Maybe you don't want the journey to end ?
I really think identifying your triggers is key.......food does not calm nerves it smothers emotion......food is not your friend cos friendship shouldn't make you fat...but most of all being slim won't make you happy but it will allow you to stand alongside slim peers knowing that people are not making judgements about you based on your size..........I hate that that is true but it is....
You have done great....it's just a little further to go.......

Good advice, may just do that for my lunch break - sit in the garden, in the sunshine with an icy shake and some mini-mins re-motivation!

Oh I definitely want it to end - I just want to get back to a happy, normal, healthy diet - I think it's my impatience that isn't helping matters!

And you know what.... being slim - well being 10st, did make me feel happy, i know its not the be all and end all but looking in the mirror and seeing something you like certainly gives a great start to any day!

Ria don't worry

It could be a case of you missing cooking etc

You have done it before many times and you will reach your goal.

I'm worried about getting bk on plan too but I know we both can do it!!

Xxx

Yeah I really do, and I miss the whole normality of being able to choose what i have to eat, silly really, I'll have that again soon,

Ahhh, just 18 little lbs to get out of the way!!!

Just find your mojo! X

I think I might have accidentally left it on the cruise ship.... oops, I'll have to pick it up when I visit saturday.... ;-p

Ria dont be too hard on yourself and jump straight back on tomorrow you've done amazing so far. Im on holiday now and so stressed about food. Right now I hate cambridge diet, it has helped me so much when I needed to loose weight but now im trying to maintain I feel id be better at slimming world... I feel so guilty saying that lol. I feel like I have piled on loads of weight on holiday and sad to say that it has ruined it a bit for me. I really haven't been that bad only ate at meal times, had 2 very small like bitesize puddings and 1 ice cream. Everything on the all inclusive is drizzled in bloody oil though.

Im in such a bad mood tonight. Feeling like ive put on loads of weight. What a loser eh.

Chin up lovely, you'll get back on it :) x

I Know what you mean, horrible Cambridge, trying to control us all.... (even though we wouldnt be where we are without it) but I know what you mean. But in the same way I felt like that about slimming world - I began to begrudge it since there are healthy elements I enjoy which are basically impossible to have on SW like nuts, seeds and dried fruits - which yeah you can have a bit but the portions ended up being so ridiculously small it was pointless.

I know how you feel on the weight gain though, for a few days I told myself i was imagining it but when i could physically see it in the mirror it got me down too - dresses that were fine at the beginning were a no-go the second week.

You're right though, even if you eat "healthy" you can never control how things are cooked when you're away, on the cruise ship veg always seemed to be oily, or with an added sauce, or nuts or whatever, never just veg!

It's nice to know (well, in the nicest way possible feeling horrible can be) that you're feeling the same way right now.

we can do it though hun. this is the beginning of the future!

Awesome job! Keep up the great work!

Thanks hun

I had a bar of cadbury marvelous creations in my draw, in reserve, but last night decided that since my willpower is not what it used to be, it had to go. so even though i didn't want it, i ate as much as i could, i felt so sick, my stomach was in pain, but it's gone (apart from two squares sat in my bin) and hopefully that served as aversion therapy as well. i think (well hope) my obsession with the stuff is out of my system. I've never been the biggest chocolate fan, but ate a lot of it on holiday which probably contributed to my substantial gain come to think of it. I know this wasn't the best thing to do, but hopefully it's had an effect,

So me and chocolate - the relationship is over, apart from chocolate shakes - there pretty much the only ones i can stomach right now!

Had a strawberry shake whizzed up with ice for breakky, which confirmed the above statement, yuk, my ever growing dislike of most of the products isnt helping me a great deal right now. Nice texture though.

I know how u feel about the dislike of products. Maybe try mixing the flavours up or resurrecting ur mix a moose. Xx

I had a bar of cadbury marvelous creations in my draw, in reserve, but last night decided that since my willpower is not what it used to be, it had to go. so even though i didn't want it, i ate as much as i could, i felt so sick, my stomach was in pain, but it's gone (apart from two squares sat in my bin) and hopefully that served as aversion therapy as well. i think (well hope) my obsession with the stuff is out of my system. I've never been the biggest chocolate fan, but ate a lot of it on holiday which probably contributed to my substantial gain come to think of it. I know this wasn't the best thing to do, but hopefully it's had an effect,

So me and chocolate - the relationship is over, apart from chocolate shakes - there pretty much the only ones i can stomach right now!

Had a strawberry shake whizzed up with ice for breakky, which confirmed the above statement, yuk, my ever growing dislike of most of the products isnt helping me a great deal right now. Nice texture though.

I go home tomorrow and have to admit im desperate for a shake... its my normal no lol. I must thank you for introducing me me to shakes mixed with yoghurt... oh yuuuuum!! Found myself wishing I had some on holiday haha I love them. Even though I've not particularly enjoyed eating im sure getting back on it is going to be a challenge. Im also heading home to scotland for a week when I get back from turkey. Not sure if im going to be strictly back on the diet or not when im there... we shall see x

Back