Time to get serious!

Oh dear. I can sympathise with this. It is so SO difficult to do SS more than once. And the temptation is always there to do the shakes ' just for a week ' etc etc every time you put weight on.

I've managed to maintain at 9 st 7 ish since last year by calorie counting but as soon as I take my eye off the ball ... The lbs creep up. Now I just rather glumly accept that I can only eat 1600 calories a day as well as one treat meal a week / and that really is just one. Any more and the lbs come back.

My advice would be to calorie count. I know it's so so tempting to do the bars/ shakes but I think something alters in your brain making it almost impossible to do it a second time. As soon as I realised that, I dropped the lbs again

Really hope it's different for you and you can stick it out for another fortnight. Try not to beat yourself up

Cambridge for me until the end...!

I could start back on a higher plan or calorie counting but it is entirely through shame and impatience that I am back on SS - so really my own fault - I didn't need to stuff myself so much on holiday, but hey, it taught me a lesson! Really looking forward to going through the steps until maintenance, and then becoming a CWPC, this is just a hiccup - i guess cos i did a holiday and was fine after it once, I thought I could do it again ya see!

It's been a stressful time lately but with there being no end in sight for a lot of it, my biggest challenge now is learning to deal with stress in a different way, then hopefully the rest will come easier.

Affiliate! Stress eating. Stress gaining. Add to your list of night-time reading the effects of cortisol on weight loss. Still working on this one. I have not yet found the solution. I think that physical activity is the best thing but for me it's prioritising the time!

Affiliate! Stress eating. Stress gaining. Add to your list of night-time reading the effects of cortisol on weight loss. Still working on this one. I have not yet found the solution. I think that physical activity is the best thing but for me it's prioritising the time!

Ahhhhhh, don't remember the last time my stress levels were this high - work AND personal life - my solution= bury my head in the sand - only prob Is if I'd not been doing that the last year or so I prob wouldn't be so stressed now - why does time pass so quickly, where did yet another year go?? Why do I have to grow up and make decisions on life already!!'

Good news is, so busy working/burying my head in the sand I had to make a big effort to remember to have a 3rd product today - and didn't even really want it! See I remember mentioning before, stress for me is binge or famine - it's famine level right now!

I need a big impartial hug right now! - will prob explain more tomorrow - perhaps in the form of a blog, but for now I'm just gonna feel sorry for myself!

X

Hmmm sounds familiar. Why do things always go off in pairs?????????????????????

Tomorrow is a new day, but if I have learned nothing in this life, its the old chineese proverb "the ostrich with its head in the sand gets its bum kicked.." :) I would pull your head out while you still have the chance...Oooh How do you eat an elephant????? Bite by bite!!!!!

I think you're amazing, and have certainly kept me motivated!! Virtual hug :) and stay strong, and believe in yourself :)

Thanks hun xx

Hmmm sounds familiar. Why do things always go off in pairs?????????????????????

Tomorrow is a new day, but if I have learned nothing in this life, its the old chineese proverb "the ostrich with its head in the sand gets its bum kicked.." :) I would pull your head out while you still have the chance...Oooh How do you eat an elephant????? Bite by bite!!!!!

Why is there always some sort of drama in my life? lol, I'm gonna blame it on Rana, everything is a drama to him - he'll often phone and say there's really bad news and it'll be something trivial - he's bound to give me a heart attack one of these days! But really though, is it that there is always drama, or just that we don't notice the down time in between episodes!

Certainly, I need to start facing things and stop putting things off, and I shall certainly start nibbling away at that elephant!

x

Found some chocolate tetras, the ones i lost a while back, and since I was feeling too lazy to make a shake - didn't even want it tbh, I had one.

Big mistake, I remembered why I hate them, that horrible artificial sweet taste that appears in your mouth after (yuk) and now this morning after having my usual choc shake my tummy is protesting - this doesn't happen any other time! So i'm sitting tight and hoping it'll go away.....bleughhhh

x

Evening!

Forgot to weigh myself this morning (again) ill hae to do it tomorrow, no expectation there but need to keep recording weekly, and need to update my spreadsheet!

Quiet in here tonight... Hope everyone is being good!?

Another 100% done, packs today, and went for a walk to new look at lunch - then a power walk back as my friend forgot she had a meeting lol, got my heart rate up which is great!

Realised today it's mums birthday Friday, and had promised ages ago I would make her a ale and at least have a slice of it.... Oopsy! But ill leave it at that, not another excuse for going way off plan!

All of our gel nail stuff turned up today - yay - so did my nails and no longer have to worry about any more casualties - since I picked the last lot off last week there was two, so sad since my nails are longer then ever! But loving the fact I don't have to pay someone to do it for me now :)

X

Did you get a uv lamp?

I tried the 60 second top coat. Not quite all it's cracked up to be. So may invest in one.

Funny you don't like the tetras. I love the chocolate ones. Wish I had some for work actually. I was supposed to pick some up tonight but somehow forgot!

Did you get a uv lamp?

I tried the 60 second top coat. Not quite all it's cracked up to be. So may invest in one.

Funny you don't like the tetras. I love the chocolate ones. Wish I had some for work actually. I was supposed to pick some up tonight but somehow forgot!

Yes indeed and it worked like a dream, looks (almost) as good as it did when the nail lady did it, just need to learn to perfect application on my right hand and to go a litttle further from the cuticle, but apart from that, awesome, and practice makes perfect!

Right, day 3, usually also know as ketisis day.. let's see hey...

How goes it ria? Are you out to lunch today?

Ria how are you getting on lovely?

How goes it ria? Are you out to lunch today?

....conspicuous by my absence....

Managed 3 days on plan, then whilst making my mums birthday cake found myself shoveling spatula fulls of cake mixture into my gob, then i had promised my mum ages ago i would actually have cake with her, then she wanted me to come out for a meal to celebrate... what it boils down to is another 2 days off plan!

The frustrating thing is that before the cake mixture wed evening, I had spent all day suffering the effects of going into ketosis! fool! so still not managed any more than 3 days on plan since ive been back.

but, i know i said it last week, but then remembered i had forgotten mum's birthday (oops) I now can't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to stay on plan, SS, for the next 7 days straight, there's no diary events to get in the way until seeing my man next Saturday.

SO day 1 again lol (how ridiculous) i have had only 1 shake so far today and a couple of pints of water. the cake sat in the fridge is shouting at me, but i have done my best to distract by making myself a long to-do list and attempting to get some of it ticked off, and i'm not hungry, im just a bit addicted to food. its disgusting really, and talking of disgusting, thinking of printing this out and sticking it to my wall... just took this, it never fails to amaze me how much fat i still hold around my midriff...

Ooo I was wondering how to do my own nails. I have two acrylics on and 8 normal nails lol How are you getting on?

well.... the nails are going well at least, i highly recommend doing your own "shellac" and since having it on strengthens your nail it means they don't break so in the 5 weeks ive had i on my nails, they are probably as long as your acrylics are (apart from the 2 slight casualties i had whilst waiting for the stuff to arrive)

UGH.... so really wish i could have some enthusiasm for this, i have motivation, but it doesn't seem to be enough, i feel crap, i feel fat, it's cos i had a taste of what 10st feels like, and it feels great, and i just need to get back there. so heres to my 7 day challenge - and a challenge it will certainly be!

Attachments

• Photo 20-07-2013 15 04 15.jpg
    Photo 20-07-2013 15 04 15.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Crikey love...

That sound like one of my misadventures in eating. I'm having a pure binge attack onslaught. I'm just talking myself out of it. But honestly the urge is so strong today! Must be the bloody hormones. If I make it to the end of today without a feeding frenzy I will consider that I am blimmin heroic.

You have to find your motivation and your reason for doing this. It can't be "because I don't want to go back to that" because I know that I have always used Cambridge to "manage" my eating. This taught me nothing and I lived for when I could next happily eat cake ( and in one of my darkest cd backslides I ate 1/3 of a Costco birthday cake....this was last August!)

Honestly. It makes me very ashamed but its true!

I don't want to be like that again yet I'm still driven to do those things ( for example today's compulsions have been for mcdonnds which I detest)

It's work that needs to be done to retrain my response and reframe the feelings.

Stay on it. Stay focused. And laughingy head off at Tina the talking tummy! I.will unveil mine and you'll feel better.

I know, my poor belly, fit to be a Buddha. So abused it is!

So, 4 packs today and left with nothing but an urge to snack and a touch of indigestion.... This would be so much easier if I had some enthusiasm for it, instead I just want to comfort eat.

Maybe I can drag my mum shopping tomorrow, I have no money but the short term gratification could make me feel good - and it doesn't have calories at least!

Thought I could work on my new blog to distract, problem is its a food blog and although I have written content I haven't done any photography as I always bloody forget, and the only way to do that is to cook, but with my willpower as it is I simply cannot trust myself with that task right now! Shame, it's already taken me a year to get cracking on it!

Stay strong :) I try and remember how I felt when fat, how uncomfortable, how I hated hot weather as looking hot and sweaty and how much better it feels when I can wear shorts :) you have done incredibly well you've come so far and can do the last few lbs, and I for one look forward to seeing your goal photos! And seeing you become a CDC :)

Stay strong :) I try and remember how I felt when fat, how uncomfortable, how I hated hot weather as looking hot and sweaty and how much better it feels when I can wear shorts :) you have done incredibly well you've come so far and can do the last few lbs, and I for one look forward to seeing your goal photos! And seeing you become a CDC :)

Thanks hun. I'm trying, I guess I just need to prove to myself this week that I can do more than 3 days on plan again!

Gonna go try mixing a banana and butterscotch shake this morning, probably with ice, hoping it will be nice as something different, cheer me up a little maybe!

Right so it happened AGAIN!!! it started with cake, ice cream, a cheese sandwich, more ice cream and then strangely enough - a nice salad!

Whilst laying in bed last nigh clutching my aching belly I realised, duh, so obvious, it was at this weight precisely that I could no longer cope with SS and was struggling really bad so switched to SS+ and then step 2! and that time it took me a few weeks of struggling for it to become clear too! silly me! I simply am not capable of doing SS at this weight - and not to mention shouldn't be anyway!

The idea was to use SS to ditch the holiday gain, which has now resulted in no less than 3 weeks of arsing around, yoyoing between SS and binging in what I can only describe as a perverted form of JUDDDD! - jees, perhaps if I had just been easier on myself and just went back to step two i might have almost been there by now! it's so silly, I wanted to SS to get quick results, but instead I feel deprived, I feel crap, and keep jumping off of the bloody wagon.

So today, in my totally not prepared for it unorganized fashion, I shall start step 2.

This week it turns out I do have some battles to overcome (oh boy is it easier to diet in the winter!) and I will tackle as follows:

Wed evening - work BBQ - either take my own salad - or take my protein with me and take salad from the BBQ - i would love some bbq meat but I doubt there will be anything plain enough.

friday lunch - team meal - A nice salad maybe? no idea where we're actually going so will have to tackle when I see the menu.

friday evening - visiting an old friend- she know about the diet so will prob just have to turn down any hospitality she may offer

saturday - seeing rana - off plan for lunch only - not wasting what is almost one of our last "dates" this year, but not using it as an excuse to binge the rest of the day!

For want of not sounding like a stuck record.... let's do this!

Back