Time to get serious!

So today is SS+ as I made my shake with milk for lunch, so 2 cambridge shakes, 200ml milk and a s&s maple bar today so far. Today is a general stuggle, emails in my inbox making me angry/frustrated when actually that's just my job - big alarms that it's time to move on! Oh well, another application is in.... one day it will be the one!! Need to write my Annual review - was a plan for first thing but was completely bogged down in email, wish i had ignored them and continued with my original plan as it's certainly not an afternoon Job!!

That sucks missy!

Fingers crossed for the application :)

Ss+ sounds good! Ur doing well

Keep the water going!! Lol

Xxxx

Man I hope they move tomorrow! Cottage pie for dinner! Been eating all my spicy spaghetti so have loads of cottage pie left! Water not so good today, only 1.5 today so far, but I do usually struggle at home. X

Awh didn't know u were at home today did u get much done?

I've loads of food packs left cuz I'm trying to get rid of tetras and sachets I don't like lol

My water isn't good today but I will get there I've 2 litres sitting beside me xxx

It's just mean, all the effort we put in it's not fair really!

It's so ridiculous though isn't it!! evil scales, wish we didn't put so much onto them, but I guess they're just a good guide right!

I loved being this weight before, it's just that I got to less, and I still don't feel like I'm making progress until I'm back there I guess :-/

Sounds good though, you must only be having about 1000cals or less?

x
between 1000-1500 I'm just looking out for the saturated fat more than the calories would have loved too have stayed on cambridge but I can't hack the hunger don't no how you've had the will power too stick to I for such a long time x

between 1000-1500 I'm just looking out for the saturated fat more than the calories would have loved too have stayed on cambridge but I can't hack the hunger don't no how you've had the will power too stick to I for such a long time x

Trust me, it aint easy!! at first it was really fine, I managed 6 weeks 100% 3 pks a day, but there comes a point where the novelty wears off!

x

So, after several days of stalling scales and insatiable hunger (which I don't actually think was boredom this time!) enough is enough.

I spent some time reading through Lynne's diary for reassurance (because oh boy am I unsure about this) but have concluded it's time to move up to step two.

My biggest fear was coming out of ketosis, but after totting up my planned meals for today I in fact came in under the carbs I had yesterday. So will move on with step 2 but just be careful what pack combinations I have each day, as the S&S meals and some bars are pretty carby, so will have to plan those carefully, calorie wise compared to yesterday when I had 4 packs plus milk theres still only a 70 cal diffference! so will see how things go on step 2 for now, and see if it fixes my tummy aching!

so today consists of the following:

Strawberry s&s shake mixed with 250g 0% greek yogurt
choc shake
s&s vanilla almond bar
245g turkey and 80g broccoli.

did however stuff my shake and bar at the same time earlier, every day is still a major struggle, but that makes every day I get through a massive achievement!!

wish me luck.

hey ria - it sounds like a good plan stepping it up. as long as u stick to it i guess. but i have the utmost confidence in u!

can i just ask - see the s and s meals - do they really have a lot of carbs? i'm trying to stick to one meal, one bar, one shake plus shake or soup per day. i.e. no more than one 'meal' unless i'm struggling on some days. what do you think? i know s and s say as long as u limit it to one bar per day and do whatever else u want.. is that ok too? xx

LUCK!!! :-D

Haha thanks!

hey ria - it sounds like a good plan stepping it up. as long as u stick to it i guess. but i have the utmost confidence in u!

can i just ask - see the s and s meals - do they really have a lot of carbs? i'm trying to stick to one meal, one bar, one shake plus shake or soup per day. i.e. no more than one 'meal' unless i'm struggling on some days. what do you think? i know s and s say as long as u limit it to one bar per day and do whatever else u want.. is that ok too? xx

Thanks Candice!

The meals are 12.5g (well the spicy spaghetti and cottage pie are at least) so not as much as most of the bars actually, and actually I've just looked up my cambridge choc shake and that is 14.1g! its the bars! the 35g ones are all fine, but the larger (more prevelant) 45g ones are high, the one I'm having today is 16.7g carbs and 174 cals!! I think I said something about the meals being carby (or did i just say that to martha?) anwho, I was wrong!

S&S say youre ok as long as you keep under 70g carb so i use MFP to monitor it, or you can use their online diary thing... I know its more fiddly but it's the easiest way to make sure you get ot right. hope that helps hun!

x

Day 3 of step two, not noticing much difference, not feeling like I'm hungry so much but have still been experiencing tummy achey/crampiness which I think might be hunger? Yesterday was less frequent than the day before, and we will see how today goes.

The scales have remained static again, today I even gained 0.4 of a lb, it started to send me into a paranoid spin...until, i realised this is no different from what was happening on SS, and I am still having very few calories and I am still in ketosis, I just need to have faith and patience

I forgot what it was like being here, I forgot that the last bit is very slow and frustrating, need to keep on though!!

Hi Ria, I have been following your posts son e last year. You have done amazing and although you have 'moments' you always bounce back. Like you I am here to complete the journey this time and get to goal. Good luck and stick with it :)

Fell off plan on Thursday when I was powerless to resist some tiffin a colleague made :-s and silly me I let that dictate the day. Then friday was ok until I went up to another building for the afternoon and remembered my shaker but not my shakes! of course I could have made a healthy choice instead but the fish finger sandwich and sticky toffee pud and free coffee and snacks on the course that afternoon seemed to overpower me! Saturday, I just got a bit over excited that the maple and white choc pancakes in asda were only 50p! continued better with hummous and pitta for lunch but then when evening came didnt know how to say know to the box of hotel chocolat my mum had!

Yesterday was ok, step 2 all the way until a small (prob 300cal) slice of fridge cake caught my eye, never the less so far so good today though - 1 shake + 1 shake in 0% yogurt!

and why all this - it's some stupid psychology (which i do not understand) but in the back of my mind im off plan tomorrow and wednesday which (of course) gives my brain permission to be slack in the mean time (ridiculous!)

but when wednesday is done, my next day off will be my birthday so no excuses for the whole of february!!!

Back to it today, want entirely organised or motivated so ended up with 3 packs and some milk, let's call it step 1.5. But the key thing being that was all I had, which if better than the day before when I actually baked and ate cake for dinner. Shameless I know, but at least it wasn't another bar of cadburys!

So, dinner at the Shard was nice, but we had set menu which was 90% seafood which I don't eat, me and a lady who is allergic ordered a couple of extra dishes but they turned out mega chilli hot (like my mouth was disintegrating!) so didn't have much variety.

Had a lovely day with my man yesterday and went to our favourite restaurant and sat in our seat (yup, we've claimed our table there now!) couldn't eat half as much as I used to be able to so was good and only put tiny bits on my plate, it looked ridiculous but was more sensible as I didn't feel compelled to finish food I didn't need that way.

Booked my 2 day cruise today too, worried I might not be able to afford my actual holiday (two weeks after the 2 days ) though as single supplement is currently sat at 100% I'll be gutted if I can't go.

Never the less I still have the 2 days to look forward to for now and need to be at target by then, it's easter, which will be 10 months after I realistically should have hit target for my last cruise!

So lets hope for a clear month of 100%, hopefully I can hit a fair few lbs on the head in that time, and if I'm lucky a stone hopefully.

Currently avoiding the scales as they don't help me.

Anyway. Day one done, always the easiest day for me as I'm Prob still running on the previous day's carbs, tomorrow the hard work starts!

1.5...I like it!! I am currently on what I will going forth call 2.5!

When is your cruise? And where are you off to on your actual holiday? I'm sure it's most likely in a post above somewhere but I tend to skim read so might have missed that.

I second that yuck to seafood!!

Hope today isn't too bad.

1.5...I like it!! I am currently on what I will going forth call 2.5!

When is your cruise? And where are you off to on your actual holiday? I'm sure it's most likely in a post above somewhere but I tend to skim read so might have missed that.

I second that yuck to seafood!!

Hope today isn't too bad.

Good Friday, then the big one is Easter Sunday - so if i go I'll literally pop home to get my second suitcase and go back to the ship - fingers thoroughly crossed, I will be gutted if I can't go!

Right, so I'm not even sure what I have been playing at, all I know is that it has involved a lot of crap food! What is wrong with me!?? I have zero motivation for anything the past few days and I need to pull my finger out quick smart!!

I have a job interview on friday!! yay, but have to write an article and take it along, now this would be no problem for me if i were in the right frame of mind, but I haven't been, and so rather than spending the weekend chilling out and being creative writing articles (which should come easy as it's on my favourite subject matter: food!) which sounds lovely, I have spent the weekend eating crap, like 1000s of calories of rubbish, running errands and feeling rubbish about myself - what the? THIS IS MY OPPORTUNITY to change a negative factor in my life (my job) and if this goes well the rest will follow, i must not screw this up!!

So, yesterday we cleared the landing, went to ikea, bought the tiniest desk ever, spent the evening building said desk and a chair, and am now typing on a nice airy desk, under a nice window, in the aim that making a little change (i usually work on my bed when working from home) might start changing my overall mindset. I've lost a weekend and so I am now going to have to fit in the article(s) either at work or in the evenings which is difficult, so hoping for feeling better today so that maybe I can utilise the extra hour i gain in my life from working from home today.

the point of this ramble, since not entirely diet related, is just to get something down on paper (well, typed) and them maybe once i get it down, I can start to move on.

Thinking the whole #100daysofhappiness might be a nice thing to do too...

anyway, just had a shake, and today is another day 1. the fact i had a shake today instead of half a pack of biscuits and a choc bar is a giant step forward.

Hoping i will have time to catch up on others diaries soon, hope youre all doing ok

x

I would play the hard line and scold you but then I would have to follow my own advice/telling off. It started off having a meal off on Friday because the 3 hour journey from work to consultants to home left me utterly misterable and I wanted something comforting. Of course I got too much (things were on offer) so when Saturday arrived we gave into our temptations of having food sitting in the freezer (in the form of garlic bread). The same thing happened on Sunday. Thankfully there is no more in the freezer anymore!!! I don't know why but when I give myself a little break I really take the micky and have the whole thing!! What is wrong with us!?!?!?!

I'm not sure if even my 4lb loss made me feel that it was "ok" to celebrate with a meal.

If you come up with a solution on what helps you let me know!!

Good luck with your article!

Back