time to knuckle down.....

How was the Duck egg. I saw some in the market but was scared to buy just in case they smell strong - did not want to be put off eggs.

You seem to work long hours. Hope you have a good rest tomorrow.

the duck egg was fine - taste wise I found no difference to my omelette - the yolk is larger and a little more yellow and the white is ever so slightly more opaque but once whipped up with the hens eggs you wouldn't have known it was there. There was no different smell to it either. Hen egg yolks can be just as yellow if they are corn fed.

I am told that duck eggs are brilliant for baking with, so i will use one to make tea loaf for my husband on Monday.

Saturdays and Sundays are always busy days for me - but I have a day off on Monday. I work as a chat moderator so my work times are not very conventional.

Last edited:

held my weight the last 2 days which is ok.

no work today.

yesterday food.

bacon
tinned tomatoes

apple
pear

mug shot

duck breast
new potatoes
cabbage
carrots
gravy - 1 syn

lemon yogurt - 2.5 syns
strawberries

3 cappuccino - 10.5 syns

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

today will have

omelette

2 x cappuccino - 7 syns

aldi thai infused salmon steaks

apple
pear
banana

syn free chicken casserole

Last edited:
Hi mum and Hi everyone,

I've been awol for quite some time now (again!!) and this must be a 3rd or 4th re-start! I've joined SW online today and paid for 3month subs, so I KNOW that I have GOT to do something about my weight, and hopefully seeing that money go out of my account will help spur me on. I've fallen back into bad habits again (mainly bread, which i did cut down on lot before) and lately I've got a thing about houmous (not the SW version unfortunately, but shop bought - oops!), but I know that I can rectify that by making my own houmous which is free. Seeing mum do so well with her weightloss has made me proud and I wish I had her determination. I hope by starting afresh today and the boot up the the bum by mum will help. I have recently come back from a 10-day holiday in Ibiza with my hubby and daughter. Had a lovely time but it's now time to crack on and knuckle down as the thread heading suggests!!.... some of the photos of myself i really didn't like and they say the camera never lies, so I know I have to do something!... so far today I've had:-

ff forest fruit yoghurt
strawberries
banana
grapes

satsuma

mug shot sweet n sour
some cold cooked chicken
3 x ryvita hex b
3 x cowbelle cheese triangles (these are not part of hex a allowance, so they are 2.5 syns each) 7.5
ff forest fruits yoghurt

got some cherries for this afternoon and I bought some more muller yoghurts, the laughing cow triangles, some more ryvita and some tinned chickpeas, mixed beans and kidney beans at lunchtime to stock up at home, and I can hopefully try and make some houmous soon too. I think I will have a nice big omelette for tea tonight. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and going back to basics. I'm probably out of touch with a lot of things, so hopefully I can start planning my daily menus better. I need to update my signature so I won't include it on this post until I update it later on. xx

didn't like the salmon at lunch much, so won't be having that again.

adding to today

sliced green beans
ham
apple
cherries
strawberries
vanilla yogurt 2.5
cappuccino 3.5

total 13 syns

Hi mum and Hi everyone,

I've been awol for quite some time now (again!!) and this must be a 3rd or 4th re-start! I've joined SW online today and paid for 3month subs, so I KNOW that I have GOT to do something about my weight, and hopefully seeing that money go out of my account will help spur me on. I've fallen back into bad habits again (mainly bread, which i did cut down on lot before) and lately I've got a thing about houmous (not the SW version unfortunately, but shop bought - oops!), but I know that I can rectify that by making my own houmous which is free. Seeing mum do so well with her weightloss has made me proud and I wish I had her determination. I hope by starting afresh today and the boot up the the bum by mum will help. I have recently come back from a 10-day holiday in Ibiza with my hubby and daughter. Had a lovely time but it's now time to crack on and knuckle down as the thread heading suggests!!.... some of the photos of myself i really didn't like and they say the camera never lies, so I know I have to do something!...

welcome back Ratty x, you will get there and don't worry about which restart you are on - i've lost track of mine over the years lol.

like I said, keep track of everything that you eat and drink on the SW website and read up on here, there are loads of inspiring diaries.

Hi Mum and hello Rosie too

Well yesterday got off to a good start - I had a huge omelette for tea last night filled with:-

canned new pots
ham
mushrooms
onions
pepper

It was lush and to get more of the superfree in I had it with a few cherry tomatoes, beetroot and pickled onions. I was literally stuffed after but I did enjoy... I refused some choc biccies which were offered to me by OH too, so I did do well! LOL! Today so far I've had:-

strawberries
banana
grapes
muller light ff cherry
coffee (with milk from Hex A)

I've brought a couple of satsumas and some cherries with me too and lunch will be:-

pasta salad with:-

pasta twists
ham
egg
cherry tomatoes
pepper
carrots

I've got some more muller yoghurts in the fridge in work in case I get hungry later on too - around the 3-4ish mark (usually when i fancy chocolate!!), but as i don't have any of that with me and would have to go to the shop to buy it, I will not be buying any at lunchtime. The only thing I will buy is my winning lottery ticket for tonight's euromillions!!! :fingerscrossed:

Tonight's tea will be chilli con carne with rice. Fingers crossed for another good day! xx

good morning daughter

you did very well yesterday and especially to resist the choc biscuits - they are such a waste of syns and will just give you the munchies.

todays food sounds good, you have plenty of free/superfree to fill you up. if you want a chocolate kick try some options hot choc drinks.

hi mum - well if there is no chocolate about, i don't tend to really think about it. But unforunately out of habit I was buying it from shop at lunchtime - not good. So I need to get out of that habit! I'm not overly keen on the options drinks anyway and would rather have proper chocolate and count syns if i was to have any Lol! I'm not going to deny myself chocolate, just curb the cravings a bit Lol! x

today's food. (tuesday)

omelette

ham
chicken
beetroot
new potatoes

lamb
potatoes
cabbage
runner beans
carrots
gravy - 1 syn

3 x cappuccino - 10.5

apples
pears
strawberries
cherries

vanilla yogurt 2.5 syns

late shift tonight till 4am - not feeling very well tonight, so I hope it passes quickly.

Hello, not had a chance to update diary until now. Been a busy day in work, then OH, daughter and I went to see OH brother as it's his 40th today. Yesterday was another good day with the chilli con carne for tea and I made some houmous too. At first it didn't turn out as I'd hoped as the consistency was a bit too thin. I didn't have any more chickpeas, so i decided to improvise a bit and I ended up putting butter beans in to thicken it up??.... and it didn't turn out half bad even if i do say so myself. I think I may have overdone it with the garlic, but it's edible enough and I had some with 3 breadsticks (3 syns) whilst cooking tea last night as I was quite peckish. The chilli con carne had:-

mince beef (extra lean)
onion
garlic
tin tomatoes
tin red kidney beans
tin mixed beans
salt and pepper
1 green pepper
cumin
chilli powder
cinnamon
paprika

served with boiled rice.

The ingredients i used for the houmous were:-

chickpeas
garlic
lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
fat free natural yougurt
butter beans*

*If I'd had more chickpeas I would've put them in but had to improvise, so the butter beans are optional Lol!! So note to self - "make sure plenty of chickpeas in the cupboard". I may even try roasted garlic next time or some roasted peppers.

Today's food:-

Strawberries
Banana
Grapes
FF forest fruit yoghurt

2 x satsumas

left over pasta twists
ham
left over mixed beans and red kidney beans
homemade houmous
carrots sticks
muller light strawberry yoghurt

Tonight's tea was unplanned, but I ended up having 2 pork loin steaks (no fat) and a huge salad at in-laws. We were offered tea and OH told MIL that I was back on SW so she offered to do salad with my pork steaks, and it was lovely. I even refused to take home an unwanted huge cupcake cake which my sister in law was given for her upcoming birthday!! So I'm well proud of myself :innocent0002: I know it would've been a disaster if I'd have taken it home with me. So glad it's been a good day... x x

*Hope you feel better soon too Mum xx :bighug:

still not feeling very well.

went to bed at 4am, got woken at 9am by the telephone ringing - ignored that - then doorbell went at 10am, by this time i was fed up and got up feeling very tired and unwell. Went back to bed at 1pm for a couple of hours before work at 4pm, felt a little better for those couple of hours sleep.

food...

banana

2 x cappuccino 3 syns

pork
potato
peas
broad beans
gravy 1 syn

strawberries
yogurt 2.5 syns

apple

Morning - food so far today:

strawberries
grapes
banana
ff forest fruit yoghurt
coffee

water

2 x satsumas

lunch will be:-

mug shot sweet and sour
4 x ryvita (hex b)
3 x laughing cow light triangles
muller yoghurt

and i've taken out some chicken for tonight's tea which I really fancy with some slimming world chips!! yum yum! x

feeling much better tonight. finished work now until Saturday and I'm glad of the break.

today..
bacon
tinned tomatoes

banana

fresh salmon
tomatoes sprinkled with salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar

fresh salmon
new potatoes
peas
broad beans

3 x cappuccino 10.5 syns
butter 3.5 syns