Discover Time to stop phaffing!

Sooo, I've realised that I have been totally neglecting my diary. I guess I felt I was already telling others about my day and it felt a bit like I was repeating myself. I probably do need to keep updating though, If only so that I can look back at what I have done.

I've been struggling a little. I don't seem to be able to ignore the crisps and snacks when I'm counting the points. Mostly because I know that I am allowed them if I want, however, once I start I find it really hard to stop. I don't seem to be able to just have one packet, or one bite of something, it's like a switch is turned on and I no longer care about the points. I can sometimes rein it in and then have low low point dinners, but that's not really healthy or sustainable. Anyway, I was reading some of the simply filling diaries and had lightbulb moment. I should try core/no-count (simply filling for old points). It would stop me snacking so much on the rubbish and mean I can relax a bit with the pointing. I'd had a blow out on Sun/Mon so Tuesday and Wednesday I tried Core but pointed it as well. My head seems to be in the right place all of a sudden as it felt easy. Not had one packet of crisps since Monday and it seemed to have turned around a potential 2lbs gain into a 1lb loss whoo hoo! Trying it for real this week. Today has gone just as well as Tuesday and Wednesday, with just tea to plan. I want to lose the weight, but I also want to try to eat healthier too!

Ending on a nice DYK, hubby did my measurements last night and he thought my tape measure was off as I'd lost quite a few cms off all over :D yippee! (not kidding there, he actually made me go downstairs and get his DIY one to check it against! :))

Sooo, I've realised that I have been totally neglecting my diary. I guess I felt I was already telling others about my day and it felt a bit like I was repeating myself. I probably do need to keep updating though, If only so that I can look back at what I have done.

I've been struggling a little. I don't seem to be able to ignore the crisps and snacks when I'm counting the points. Mostly because I know that I am allowed them if I want, however, once I start I find it really hard to stop. I don't seem to be able to just have one packet, or one bite of something, it's like a switch is turned on and I no longer care about the points. I can sometimes rein it in and then have low low point dinners, but that's not really healthy or sustainable. Anyway, I was reading some of the simply filling diaries and had lightbulb moment. I should try core/no-count (simply filling for old points). It would stop me snacking so much on the rubbish and mean I can relax a bit with the pointing. I'd had a blow out on Sun/Mon so Tuesday and Wednesday I tried Core but pointed it as well. My head seems to be in the right place all of a sudden as it felt easy. Not had one packet of crisps since Monday and it seemed to have turned around a potential 2lbs gain into a 1lb loss whoo hoo! Trying it for real this week. Today has gone just as well as Tuesday and Wednesday, with just tea to plan. I want to lose the weight, but I also want to try to eat healthier too!

Ending on a nice DYK, hubby did my measurements last night and he thought my tape measure was off as I'd lost quite a few cms off all over :D yippee! (not kidding there, he actually made me go downstairs and get his DIY one to check it against! :))

There you are!! Seems I reminded you about your diary!!! Can't believe the cheek of your husband, what a bugger!! Good news about the cm loss though :D

Good luck with core, it'll hopefully keep you off the snacks! On pp you can mix & match during the week using your 49 weeklies for off plan stuff if you see what I mean?? Always think I may try it but then don't...I like booze too much !!

There you are!! Seems I reminded you about your diary!!! Can't believe the cheek of your husband, what a bugger!! Good news about the cm loss though :D

Good luck with core, it'll hopefully keep you off the snacks! On pp you can mix & match during the week using your 49 weeklies for off plan stuff if you see what I mean?? Always think I may try it but then don't...I like booze too much !!

It was definitely your prompting that made me catch up :) thanks hun.

I think on core you were supposed to do one full week on whichever you were doing, but I think I'll go for the simply filling method you mentioned where you can switch between plans, but I'll also do discover points (if that makes sense?). I'm really liking it so far.

I've had another good day. I got confused as to why I was feeling really hungry around 10, but then when I was munching on my sarnie at lunch I realised that I hadn't had brekkie in my rush to get to work! I had a snack of the oaty fruity thing I made (and burnt) yesterday when I got home and tea was Chinese chicken stir fry and noodles. I got a ww caramel pud out of the freezer but realised I was full and put it back! (Go me! ) I'm still full now. Been thirsty all day though, must have drank 3 litres today! Hoooottttt!

Yes that makes total sense! Are you giving yourself an allowance of points for your simply filling days?? Was it 21 points a week on core + bonus points?

Well done on putting the pud back...no matter how full I am I can't resist chocolate :)

I'm doing core foods + 5 old points per day for non core (so I'd have 35 points as weeklies, I think that's right, but I'm not positive as I can't find all my old material yet - it's what I've found online. I have been saving some of these for the weekend too) or 21 points a day on a normal pointing day (no weeklies and if have to take 5 points off the 35 total for the week). I don't know if core's working or not, but I do feel positive so I hope so. The points are working out too be about the same, except I'm not eating any rubbish and I'm not hungry.

I don't tend to use my bonus points as I only really run and I do that regularly. I only eat them if they are above and beyond my normal.

I don't eat chocolate, haven't for over 6 years :) just decided I needed to stop eating it one day and never started again. Did the same with alcohol 12 years ago :) . Wish I found out that easy with foods in general!

Last edited:
Wow! No booze or chocolate, never going to happen for me, I love them both too much & would miss them.

I can't remember the pints either, 35 sounds good - just see how it goes!

Wow! No booze or chocolate, never going to happen for me, I love them both too much & would miss them.

:D I guess people do think it's a bit odd, I don't miss them though.

Good day so far. Had a cooked brekkie, courtesy of the hubby. It was yum with sauteed potatoes, beans, bacon and scrambled egg. Couldn't eat it all. Lunch was leftovers from yesterday's stirfry and a sweet corn cobette. Think I'm going to have a caramel pud now as the kids are making brownies (as they are choc I don't want any I just want something sweet).

Nope couldn't handle no booze or chocolate i think I'd actually go make

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

:p:D

End of the day has been good too. I've had homemade chilli and brown rice and the other half of the caramel pud I saved from lunch (yep, I only ate half at lunch, what is up with me?). I'm loving this!

Both the caramel crunch and banoffee dessert are 3 points or 5pp. Quite high I guess but I really love 'em - especially the banoffee ones yum.

Went out walking with the family in the Peaks today. Really enjoyed it, I felt loads better than when we walked last time. STILL hate hills though. There I was in a wicking running top and walking shorts and feeling lovely and comfortable. Up some steps and there you go, sweaty, damp and uncomfortable. I don't know what I can do to make that more pleasant, apart from losing more weight. Hubby NEVER gets sweaty walking, he had jeans, t-shirt, shirt and rain jacket on. It's annoying.

Food wise I'm still focused, made a warb thin laughing cow blue cheese, pear, lettuce and thin ham (my fave), a oaty fruity thing and fruit. Had special k for brekkie and am about to have salmon and Phil light sauce and spag (whole meal). Hubs is making it as I always nuke fish and it goes all rubbery. Smells lush.

I love the peaks, haven't been for years, but I do enjoy a bit of hill walking! I'm the same, no matter what size I am or how fit I am a sweaty betty!!! It's in my genes, my dad & brothers are just the same...it's not too bad for them though, I'm a girl!! I think you're either sweaty or you're not, don't beat yourself up about your weight & you're on the right path anyway! Enjoy your salmon :)

Hmm, never thought about it like that. You could be on to something there. Doesn't bode well for a slimmer, non sweaty gal though!

The peaks are on our doorstep ask go lots. It's such a nice area. We're of camping there in a few weeks.

Salmon was lovely, now considering a pud :)

How has your day gone?

I've had a good day thanks, very lazy, managed to iron & that's it!! Hub is in a bit of a work funk/stress at the moment so he's not in the mood for doing much & I don't want to just go out and abandon him in his time of need, so a pretty nothing, but nice weekend!

I've been eating/drinking my weeklies this weekend which is quite enjoyable!

Ahh spending points is always fun! I hope hubby's funk doesn't last long. That's never easy!

So last day before weigh in, not sure if the scales will actually show much of a difference or not but I certainly feel much healthier this week. Fingers crossed.

Leg doesn't hurt so much today so I'll run tomorrow, 30 mins for w9r1. Last week of the c25k.

Dentist in a bit.

Back