Tim's Weight Loss Diary - 125lbs to Lose

I have followed this diet to how it is supposed to be, I did not cheat and I really worked hard every day breaking a sweat on the treadmill.

I thought I was doing something wrong and I was right, I gained 2 pounds and I am so pissed. I’m going to give it another week and see how it goes.

I don't do SW but my sister does and your menus look OK and within the rules. Possibly keep an eye on the fruit intake.

It does sometimes happen that eating more healthily and beginning exercise at the same time creates a gain. It isn't fair and makes you feel like giving up but stick with it. Get a tape measure (very girly I know lol) and measure yourself. The scales are very rebellious but the tape is usually kinder and losing inches can be as much motivation and weighing less.

Sorry to see you had a gain :(

Think I may be following this week tho, as I didn't have a fry up when Mum come out but had chippy for the 2nd time this week.

Tim1505 said:
I have followed this diet to how it is supposed to be, I did not cheat and I really worked hard every day breaking a sweat on the treadmill.

I thought I was doing something wrong and I was right, I gained 2 pounds and I am so pissed. I'm going to give it another week and see how it goes.

Hi tim ! Don't think to much about a small gain the advise is right about exercise and also ensure you do your weigh in around the same time a day as your weight can naturally fluctuate by about 2.5 lb within the day !!!!!! I'm sure if you stick to Sw it will work but unfortunately not overnight !!!! Keep to the plan and to those walks they will certainly help !!!! Good luck for next week . Ken

Thanks for all of the support on this thread but after my second weigh in I have not lost any weight again.

I'm not sure how people have been having success with slimming world but i must have been doing something wrong.

I am going to move onto the Tesco GI diet, all of the meals have been chosen for me so there is no more deciding what to cook, just going to follow the plan and eat exactly what the diet says. I will also continue to do my 1 hour of intense walking every day.

This morning I weighed in at 292 pounds and I am still shocked.

My new diet consists of over 50% complex carbs on a 2100 calorie diet. I knew I was going to lose weight because my stomach felt empty while my metabolism was high.

I am down 10 pounds from last week and I can tell that I’m going to be smiling all-day.

Brill news, u sure has earned right to smile all day n even the weekend lol. I believe results of the scales should be based on 4 week cycle. Weekly can create pressure, plus losing weight is the 1st step really, its a long long rd regardless of amount needed to be lost. its the maintaining of the loss is where the achievement truely felt. But enjoy ur day/weekend n keep smiling

Well done Tim that is amazing!!

I have only lost 1lb this week.

This may sound crazy but I will be upping my calories to 2500 to get my metabolism working faster. I am hoping that this will actually get me burning more calories.

I will also be adding weight lifting to my routing as well as my usual cardio.

Hi Tim, that sounds like a good idea. As you've obviously worked out for yourself, eating too few calories can have a negative effect just as eating too many can - I read somewhere that your net calories for the day should never be below your BMR (I don't know how qualified that person was, but it has worked as a rule of thumb for me).

Have you calculated your BMR/daily calorie needs (bmi-calculator.net and My Fitness Pal are two sites I personally like) and factored in whether you're eating any of your exercise calories back? Sometimes that can help. If you're using the Tesco Diets site it's also good to check that your activity level is set correctly and that your calorie allowance there reflects that which you work out for yourself (I found mine could be a bit low on that site, but customer support can manually adjust it for you if you have a specific target).

Good luck this week! :D

Back