TinaLouise's Diet Diary

TinaLouise

Why do I sabotage myself?
It's almost that TOTM and I have binged on carbs and...
I feel sooo damn guilty!
I have been really good for the last 7 days, keeping carbs down to 20g/day...
Except for today....nearly 100g carbs!
I feel like crying and giving up.
My weight isn't shifting anywhere near as fast as I think it should...my last weigh-in: 108.9kg giving a total loss of 7.1kg since Feb when I started.

The worst thing is I didn't enjoy the choc chip cookie, nor the small portion of homemade lasagne! (I have also been wheat and grain free since I started in feb.)

I will admit to enjoying the single serve of 70% organic dark choc tho! Bliss!

Geez I hope I wake tomorrow with renewed motivation!

I know I need to be made accountable...hence the reason for starting my diet diary.

I now know that i need to have ready prepared snacks in my fridge for when I have spent all day cooking for hubby & the kids...and can't be bothered cooking for me :(

*~*TL*~* *~dreaming of long term success~* mum of 4; wife; herbalist; Height: 166cm; Started: 16 Feb 2012; S/C/G: 116kg/109.5kg/65kg

Today is a new day (just after 7am in Sydney)...
I am dragging my feet lol, whilst the kids seem eager to get to daycare.

Am planning on having scrambled eggs for breaky!

Thai green curry (paste) with turkey mince, on green salad for lunch.

Not sure on dinner yet...

*~*TL*~* *~dreaming of long term success~* mum of 4; wife; herbalist; Height: 166cm; Started: 16 Feb 2012; S/C/G: 116kg/109.5kg/65kg

..and so I pick myself up, and start again after my latest stumble... Homemade banana cake for the kids!

I finally managed to locate organic coconut oil and flaxseed meal (out of the ordinary ingredients are not easy to come by where I live...1+hrs from major town...my best source would be in Sydney, over 4hrs away!).

Made my first MIM this morning: one third toasted with Vegemite, and one third toasted topped with an egg fried in coconut oil. Keeping the other third to have with lunch or dinner. I was pleasantly surprised - quite tasty!

Hopefully the flax meal will help with daily issues; whilst I have high hopes for the coconut oil - boosting ketosis, and assisting me with the daily struggle of "Me Vs Carbs", especially with hubby and the kids stockpiling lollies, chips, bikkies, & cakes (to name a few) for munches and snacks.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi there, so pleased you will now be able to sample the delights of the humble mim! They have helped me through difficult times! :)

You have got to really want it to get there TL. Ask yourself do you really want to be healthy and slimmer or do you want to eat junk? I wrote down all my reasons I wanted to be slim, I look at it every now and again to remond myself. After the initial satisfaction of eating the junk I feel unhappy and it it a path I dont want to go down anymore.

Ooh checked this afternoon...still in ketosis! Yay!
<phew!>
Am going to be much more careful...try not to succumb to the crumb!

This is all part of the journey - pushing the boundary, discovering that it doesnt feel good - may not even taste so good. Lots of water - onwards and downwards! :)

I am having a hard time staying focused.
I'm not sure if it's having had 3 babies in 3 years...feb 2009, jan 2010 & July 2011...and my hormones are screwed up...but I can't lose any more weight. Am sticking to <20g carbs...apart from the other day with the banana bread - how I remained in ketosis I'll never know!

I have trouble eating 3 meals a day... So am considering a <3g carb/20g protein shake for breakfast. Any advice is welcome & very much appreciated.

Protein shakes should be fine, esp if they're the alternative to eating nothing.

Hallelujah! Down from 110kg less than a week ago, to 107.8kg this morning!
B protein shake (<2g carb/18g protein)
(planning...)
L boiled egg, small salad, tuna
D Thai curry paste, beef mince, green salad
Tea with cream x3
Lemon myrtle tea x4
+water

Well done TinaLouise - great result! Nothing like a bit of a whooshie to focus the mind :)

Where in NSW are you? I lived in Sydney and Canberra for 12 years :)

Susie

Hi Susie, I am in Parkes NSW. About 4hrs from Sydney. I hope the vervain & chamomile help with your sleeping. I have had trouble sleeping too...mainly little ones waking up in the night tho. However have been unable to get to sleep til after midnight. Stopped having black tea after 7pm and that has helped the last couple of nights.

I am so relieved have been sitting between 109.5-110kg for weeks! Couldn't get anything to shift!

Have got a copy of 30 day shred now, so once sinus infection settles, will start :)

Hi Tl - glad to hear scales are moving. Does take some patience sometimes:)

Oh you poor love I have trouble with sinuses too - hope it is clearing up! Also hope the kids sleep well and give you a rest.

The vervain and chamomile was good thx, helped a bit - now I just need a little switch that turns my imagination off for a bit :D Not for long though, imagination makes the world go round :)

Sorry they didn't help much LadyFelsham :(
perhaps you need some adrenal support...panax or Siberian ginseng.

Just moved my 2yr old into his big bed from the cot... 2nd night he fell out twice :/ on the upside my 9.5mth old daughter is sleeping well in the cot (she was in a portable cot).

Have watched season 1&2 of Mrs Browns Boys... I haven't laughed so much in ages!
Dailymotion
my father in law who lives in birmingham recommended. Not easy to get here in Australia...had to download & decode it :/

Weightloss since 16Feb2012... -9kg

(((hugs))) to u all xx

Amazing loss TL! And such a brilliant wealth of knowledge! Xx

Thankyou both for your encouragement. It really helps to 'pick me up' when having a down day.

I think I have figured out my pattern for weightloss...I will lose for a week or so, then bloat...so water weight due to TOTM...then stall... Then lose again!

Am going to try upping water consumption ...find it hard to do tho :( also going to snoop on diaries to see what tips I can use :D

Drinking tea really helps me with getting enough liquids in. It has more flavor than plain water - it goes straight through me and I'll never understand how 1 tea can = up to 5 wees but it's defo good for getting liquid in.

Hi TL - non linear loss is fine - body will get on with it:) keep going!

Back