Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

My ma in law bought me a pressie yesterday :) it's a salad bowl with a little dressing pot for taking your lovely healthy lunch out places with you!! Just a £1 from poundland too bless her!!

I'm using it tonight!! We are off to great grannies for tea and she's too poorly to cook dinner for me an my tribe but far too stubborn/proud to admit it!!! (coz I'd happily cook but she won't allow it lol) instead she insists on treating us all to macD's for tea and at 86 you don't get to argue with her!! Needless to say the kids LOVE going for tea at great grannies!!!

So I've cooked a Birdseye chicken chargrill, diced it and tossed it into my new bowl with a hearty salad !! (peppers cucumber radish onion tomato and a couple of shreds of lettuce hiding amongst the veggies lol) plus I managed to wedge 80g of homemade low cal new potato salad in the dressing pot :) heehee. Had MFP'd my potato salad on 100g but it wouldn't fit so I had the extra bit with my boiled egg salad at lunch :) very yum.

And ive had a nasty shock with TOTM arriving without warning 4 days early :( no wonder I was such a scoffer yesterday!! How are ya meant to fend off TOTM munchies if you don't have any warning of em????? Still better early than late god forbid!!!! OH would have a nervous breakdown lol so I shall expect a STS on mon WI or worse a slight gain :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lets not have any talk of gains!! At least you know its going to be a tough week so you are well prepared. So what if you sts, there's always the following week. Enjoy your tea! xx :)

My salad was booootifull!! Tho J's quarterpounder looked AMAZING but the name put me off haha I was like.....quarter of a pound??? No thanks!!!

Weirdly I'm fully craving some dark chocolate since spotting that green an blacks is only 20 cals a square. But OH is refusing to be my dark chocolate courier and go to tesco. Disgracefull!!!

He's also dropping hints about the lack of treats in the house. There's low fat ice-cream in the freezer buddy coz I'm sooo not watching you hog a Ben an jerrys!!! Jammy git went to old orleans the other night without me so I'm not providing treats this week!!! I love the blackened catfish there :(

Only 20 cals a square. Ha ha, you are an evil genius :cool:!
I made a lovely tea tonight. Jacket spuds with all the accompinaments (low fat for me obviously), then the OH cracks open a packet of dorritos and dip. Could not believe it! I then had my maltesers (that I had worked hard for and counted in to my calories) and the cheeky S**T asked me for one. I think you can imagine what my response was!! :argh:

The green an blacks is like 80% dark cocoa so it's not a scoffing down a barfull in 8 secs kinda choccy...but it's a great slow indulgent nibble in front of the TV :) plus it releases far more of those chocolatey happy hormones per square so in theory it's a perfect TOTM treat :) gonna try it tonight an see!!!

I looooove jackets!!! Yum yum yum!!! But a big rustling crunching dorito munching husband would be a massive temptation!!! Bad husband!!! No maltesers!!! Luckily mine thinks that carrot/celery sticks are much nicer since I started calling them crudités and bought a special dipping plate with a little hole in for the salsa. I'm married to a giant child I swear!!!

:( been much better with the slightly obsessive sneak weigh ins this week but I just HAD to see how bad Fridays day of troffage plus TOTM was gonna be for WI tomoz!!! So far no gain which I'm telling myself is a GOOD THING!!! But I can't help feeling a bit bummed that I've not even lost a pound this week :(

But still it could be worse as I am probably still carrying some water retention.....didn't guzzle down much council pop yesterday which was naughty of me really!!!! And I'm quite bloated from the dread monthly so just gonna be really really good today :) hit the zumba before the pains start and go a gentle walk with the kiddies this arvo!!! Altho there's no such thing as a gentle walk with my band of gypsies tearing round the chase lol

Its deffo water retention and TOTM. Im lucky in a way cos I still haven't got any scales, so no sneak peeking as yet. Also I think Im too scared at the moment, cos I still haven't had first weigh in and Im certain I won't have lost anything! I can see why you would have sneaky looks, I will probably do the same.
You haven't put any on though hun, so keep up the good work. I think you're fab :)

Don't be disappointed if it is a stay the same cos that is really good as it is your totm! Fingers crossed for a good weigh :)

Ooh lovely lovely tea :) chicken breast, broccolli peas+sweetcorn, carrot+swede mash, new pots and two yorkies :) tesco value ones are just 36 cals!!! Had WW choc dessert with chopped strawberries for pud!
I've used up all my daily cals and opted not to eat my exercise ones hoping that will cancel out muffingate :) didn't get to go walking as it's raining really hard here!!! But had a nice arvo in asda haha kids voted to cash in their penny jar :) £41.78 would you believe it!!! Boys got Lego and daughter got some books so nice quiet happy kids today !!!

Food products I'm loving at the mo..... WW rich choc desserts :) warbutons sandwich thins :) <<<< had one toasted today with readycook chicken tikka lettuce cucumber light Mayo and the secret weapon....Heinz twisted chilli ketchup. Was amazing like an angelic chicken tikka pitta but for around 200 cals!! love it!!!

Where did you get that ketchup from?? I had it at someone's house about a month ago and it was so nice! And then I went Asda and couldn't find it :(

Eeerm not sure? I live in the middle of an asda tesco morrisons sainsburys love triangle (quad??) so it could have been any of those......it doesn't taste tomatoey tho it's just like kebab shop chilli sauce :) 16 cals a tablespoon and woooooo you don't need more than that!!!

Very positive diary. I like it! :D
I saw those warburtons thins last month in Morrisons. They look fab, how many calories?

Squeezyweezy said:
Very positive diary. I like it! :D
I saw those warburtons thins last month in Morrisons. They look fab, how many calories?

100 and they are really nice :) you can make sandwiches, toast them, use as pizza bases, add garlic and a little olive oil and bake for garlic flatbready style thingy :) YUUUUMMM just wish they did dome flavoured ones or a wholemeal version :(

Bleurgh I'm being attacked by the munchy fairies :( down fairies!!! Go away. I've been good all weekend so sod right off!!!

This is because I've done the weeks shop an my house of full of lovely things :) So to fend off the fairies I've had a square of really quite expensive poncy 85% ecuadorian cocoabean dark chocolate.....

An it's horrible. Seriously. It's like chewing coffee grounds. I thought 20cals a square was too good to be true!!! It's like aversion therapy against chocolate!! If I eat enough of this overpriced crap I'll never be able to look at a dairymilk again!!!

Haha. Get a lower %? I like dark chocolate but never have more than 70-75%. Too bitter!

WI in day :)

I now weigh 186lbs so that's 1lb down. In total I've lost 9lbs since my restart. The June challenge is looking a bit dicey now lol

Been flicking back through MFP an my diary and I think I've let the stranglehold on the binge monsters get too loose!!! There have been far too many escaping in last ten days. So as of today I'm back to watching them like a hawk!!!!

My 'record' is 14 days lol so let's aim for 7 first an see how we get on :)

1lb is better than a gain or a sts, so well done you! :D

Id go for 7 days first, then when that has gone smoothly and brilliantly you can move the goal posts and go for 14.

You can do it, have faith!
(oooh, I feel a George Michael song coming on!)

Hello hun, you're doing so well, I have a problem with bingeing too, so really admire resolve, look forward to following your progress :)

Back