Tina's Trials in SW! Diary of a foodaholic!!

reallyneedtodothis

Hi there, I have been a member of this site for a few months, lurking and writing down recipes, but I feel the time has come for me to take the bull by the horns as it were and start a diary

First, a bit about me........:blahblah:

I'm 37, been big all my life, it feels like I've always been on a diet of some description. I was at my largest when I dislocated my knee and couldn't walk, and I topped the scales at 32 stone!!!

I have lost weight and put it back on so many times, so when it got to July 2008 and I weighed 28 stones 1.5 lb, I decided enough was enough and I joined SW.

I started well, and lost 2stone 6lbs in 8 months, but with illness and one thing and another in my personal life, I have nearly put it all back on again.

I am just now trying to get my head back into the plan and really need inspiration and discipline. Therefore, I thought writing this diary would be one way for me to keep track of how I feel, what I can do differently and general keep myself on track!!

So, I have started again, as it were, and from my start weight, I have lost 9lbs. Therefore, I need to get my "behind" into gear and try and get myself back to where I was this time last year.

This week, my challenge is to try and cook more. I have been becoming a bit bored of the same old things, and because I was bored of my main meals, I was filling up in between with junk!!

Monday - weigh in day - despite having a raging chest infection last week and using all my syns and then some on cough medicine and cough sweets, lost half a lb tonight, so very happy with that! :bliss:

Tuesday - made SW quiche, with chinese stirfry veg, eggs and cottage cheese, had it last night for tea with jp and beans, and just had it now for lunch with the same. Started writing food diary at SW website, had 11.5 syns today! Goody!!

Wednesday - just got Chickpea Dahl loaf out of the oven. This is going to be my tea tonight, possibly with rice or SW chips.

Luckily, I suppose, I have also just become interested in exercise. Believe me, I was never an exercise person, I would do anything to get out of walking more than a few hundred yards, even if it meant catching a bus one stop!!

But, I have just moved house; my old house was literally 4 minutes from the bus stop so I used to just get home, plonk on the sofa and not move till I went to bed. Now, my new house is 15 minutes walk away from the bus stop, so I have to do some exercise before I get home every day, which is good!! I didn't think I would do it, but I have been pushing myself and have got into a routine now, and I can tell when I don't do it now.

I am also topping this up with half an hour sessions on my Wii every other day and 1 hours swimming a week. I also do quite a bit of walking at work everyday as well. (reminder to self - remember your pedometer!!)

Obviously, being as big as I am, I am very VERY self concious at the moment, so going to a gym or anything like that is out until I have lost a decent amount.

My ticker target below is to get to 20 stones. I do want to weigh less than this, but I think that this is a massive target to achieve to start with anyway, so one step at a time. Just getting my club 10 would be a start!! :8855:

So, just hope I remember to keep this up to date and hope you all don't mind me rambling away!! :eek:

ps just realised i have posted all this in the wrong forum!! D'oh! :doh: So, will update this one as my rambling page, and keep the other one as a food diary only!

I will learn I suppose! LOL :sign0007:

Good luck to you too...I'm the same about getting bored with my meals and I now try to cook one or two new recipes a week (from this website or the sw cookbooks).
I've also started going for walks with a girl I met at class...it helps to be about the same size...we get out of breath and stop talking at the same time!:8855:

I'm a rambling sort of poster, so I enjoyed reading your story! Just want to wish you all the best with the plan. Everyone is different, but I have found it very helpful to record my thoughts in a diary. It means I log in almost every day, which helps keep me focussed. I'm a people person and love knowing what makes people tick and sometimes the diaries here can be very thought provoking, as sometimes things they have realised about themselves I can identify with and realise that they are true of me too.

Anyway, good luck with it all and keep posting! :D

hi, thanks ozziemoz! What wonderful people there are on this site! Thankyou for the lovely welcome.

Just found 10 minutes to update this and my food diary. been a busy day today. 1st day back at work after 5 days off and then been to vote tonight and then been swimming. ive pulled my right shoulder so sat in a bit of pain tonight, wanting something nice to eat to comfort me, but i will not give in!! Im surprised at myself for how well i have stuck to the plan over the last few days, im hoping i can keep it up!!

saturday today, feeling a bit rough today, feels like ive got a hangover but not been near any alcohol. im guessing this is the starting part of following a diet when you get the sugar withdrawals, if you know what i mean. wanted to eat cr*p all day but haven't so far. had a few syns though, so hoping that they get rid of the feeling of wanting comfort. I've made a SW quiche for tea, so tonight should be syn free.

i've always been a comfort eater, with being big nearly all my life i went through the whole bullying thing at school, so i went home and ate everything in sight to make me feel "better", which it never did really. i still do it now, it is my biggest downfall unfortunately. suffering from depression, i have the odd off day, and all i want to do is stuff my face of everything i shouldn't!! stress at work does exactly the same thing for me as well, so i just have to try and keep my head down and try not to let things bother me too much. i can be as good as gold, but if i have one bad day, every single bad habit comes back and thats it!!

Our consultant had a really good thing for us at group a few weeks ago though, I thought I would share it with you. She put 7 red roses in a vase, with one of the stems broken. She said, this represents a week on SW. The roses are the days. Just because you are bad on one day (as in the rose that was broken) does not mean that the whole week(bunch) is ruined. You just get rid of the broken rose and you still have a perfect bunch of roses. Hope you get that! :eek:)

The image of the bunch of roses is a really good one.
Well done for not giving in to the comfort food, even if you've had a few syns, you seem in control, which is the most important thing.

thanks kibou, i was really good for the rest of last night, im proud of myself!! :eek:)

Hey! just wanted to say a massive good luck to you. You sound so motivated, and your working very hard.. i wish you a very good loss this week :)

look forward to reading more.. xox

Our consultant had a really good thing for us at group a few weeks ago though, I thought I would share it with you. She put 7 red roses in a vase, with one of the stems broken. She said, this represents a week on SW. The roses are the days. Just because you are bad on one day (as in the rose that was broken) does not mean that the whole week(bunch) is ruined. You just get rid of the broken rose and you still have a perfect bunch of roses.

Thats great. I find it really helpful and motivating to look at this in different ways. Some days I can be really good all day, then in less than a minute I can put something into my mouth and blow the whole day!

When I did SW many years ago my consultant gave us all a marble and asked us to put it in our purse. She told us it was her eye and that she was watching us throughout the week. It really did make me think everytime I opened my purse..not that I would have bought that chocolate bar :innocent0002:

hi fern and mother of 2, thanks for the messages! I hope i get a good weight loss this week, tomorrow night aarrggh!!! I have worked really hard this week, so i hope it pays off. That marble idea sounds great, it would totally freak me out though!! LOL xx

right, back from weigh in, and................ wait for it................... LOST 6lbs!!!!! I'm ecstatic!!!!!! :bliss:

Just want to say a huge :thankyou: to you all for all your support xXx

right, back from weigh in, and................ wait for it................... LOST 6lbs!!!!! I'm ecstatic!!!!!! :bliss:

Just want to say a huge :thankyou: to you all for all your support xXx

Congratulations! Well done! That's an amazing loss xxxx

thank you so much Niknaks, i feel on top of the world. went to work today and bragged sooooooo much about it, felt good telling people!!! I finally, FINALLY feel like Im getting back on track and my brain is feeling focussed for the 1st time in a year, really want to get back to where i was and beyond, another 1 stone 3lb to get to the lowest I was at before I was ill last year, and then who knows??!!

chickpea dahl loaf in the oven for tea as i speak, with leftovers being lunch tomorrow at work. yum yum! :eek:)

ps also just added a exercise ticker, moderate target to start with, 50,000 steps!! I always forget to put my pedometer on, so starting tomorrow I'm gonna do it!

Hiya Jessica, the chickpea dahl loaf recipe is on here somewhere (I think its in the thread with the photos!), but basically its

1 tin chick pea dahl (syn free variety)
1 packet batchelors mild curry savoury rice
4 eggs

make up the rice as normal. in a dish mix up 4 eggs and the tin of chickpea dahl. Once rice cooked, mix together with the egg mixture and pour into a lined loaf tin, and cook for 25 mins, 180c.

Its free on Green and EE, and it is lush, believe me!! I have had twice in the past week, got a little bit left for my lunch at work tomorrow, its easy and cheap to make

right, because I'm still struggling with the cough I have left over from my chest infection 2 weeks ago, I'm not walking home from work as the intake of air really irritates my throat (I was up till 1am this morning coughing, which when I get up at 5.40 for work means I'm absolutely shattered today). So I'm just counting the steps I've done at work today, 3073, not bad, could have been more I suppose. Will have to do half an hour on the wii to make up for it. Hopefully I will be back to walking home again next week, this cough is seriously doing my head in!

so weigh in tonight, I was looking forward to good things again, instead I put 2 lb on......... I feel really rubbish now, had the worst day at work so this just topped it off super......:raincloud:

will get it out of my system tonight and then back on track tomorrow..... I hope :(

morning world!! I feel totally good today!! Been like an angel on plan all week started walking again on Tuesday, and boy can I feel it. Lots of good body magic this week, including digging up my front garden yesterday until the heat got too much for us. I am sat looking at it now and thinking I really cant be bothered!! LOL :)

hoping for good things at WI tomorrow night. I was so disappointed that I put 2lb on last week, I have been really good all this week though. I'm really feeling positive about being back on the plan, my head is just sorted at the moment! Wish me luck!

Back