Tinkerbell's SlimFast diary

Drunk Tinkerbell

So I'm going to keep a diary, for myself really, but anyone can post on here!!
Just a quick start as need to get kids sorted for school.

SlimFast is the only diet on the market that I haven't tried, so had to give it a go really. I've done everything else. Lost a bit of weight, felt happier in myself, stopped the diet, weight back up plus more. This time will be different!!

Started Mon 8 Sept - 5ft 4. For a change I weighed in in lbs. I think I can be a bit obsessed with the stones! So starting weight 175lbs ???

Have a Christmas event with all my very skinny friends and would love to be 20lbs down by then so that's my first target. 20lbs in 3 months. I can't bare the thought if being the fat one in the group ? so I'm going to do it once and for all ???

So far, been having a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch, snacks have been apple, banana and bag of popcorn, and 600 cal dinner. I feel hungry in afternoon but fine.

First weigh in Monday... ???

I used slimming world in the run up to our wedding and it worked to an extent but the losses were slow and it was all so time consuming planning every meal within an inch of it's life! Haven't got the time or patience to do that long term!
I've only just started SF today but I like the idea that it's so structured compared to slimming world, I think that was my downfall being able to stretch the rules so far!
How are you getting on?

Hello!!
Sorry, I'm not very active on here!
Well, I'm a week and a half in and I've lost 5lbs! Most of that was in the first week and I'm finding I'm feeling impatient this week but I have to remember that just 10 days ago I was 5lbs heavier which is pretty fab!
I'm finding it sooooo easy. I have a shake for breakfast, a shake or bar for lunch. My three snacks, sometimes fruit, sometimes choc, sometimes crisps! Anything within the 300 cals a day and then my dinner. I don't over think my dinner, I just have whatever I fancy that's around 600 cals! Loving it!
DT x

Well, I felt really motivated at the beginning of this week but have stayed the same this week and now I'm impatient!
Don't know if it's because I'm consuming up to 1400 cals a day which is maybe too much for me?! It does seem a lot compared to other diets!

Well, I felt really motivated at the beginning of this week but have stayed the same this week and now I'm impatient! Don't know if it's because I'm consuming up to 1400 cals a day which is maybe too much for me?! It does seem a lot compared to other diets!

Have you done anything different this week to the week before? X

What snacks do you have? I am hoping it will make me choose healthy snacks x

Well I'll be honest, my snacks aren't great!! I do have a packet of crisps every day!
Have destroyed it today! Right before weigh in tomorrow frustratingly. Start again tomorrow grrrr

Well I'll be honest, my snacks aren't great!! I do have a packet of crisps every day! Have destroyed it today! Right before weigh in tomorrow frustratingly. Start again tomorrow grrrr

Crisps are my weakness x x

I have a bag of Pom bears in the cupboard calling my name :(

hi hun, just popped in to subscribe! Please don't get disheartened - stick with it :) I found when I first staretd my snacks were mainly the SF choc bars and crisps - because hey they were within the 100cal limit - however I have found mixing it up a bit with some fruit and experimenting with other snacks really helped - and kept me interested!!

I have to say I tend to keep my dinner between 400 and 500 calories rather than the 600 as it does feel quite high on the calories in a day otherwise, but I always know I have more to play with if I want a little more for dinner!!

Good luck hun :) x

Hey :) I've just started slim fast today... You seem to be doing really well so I thought I'd subscribe :) how are you?

Sent from my LG-D855 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey :) I've just started slim fast today... You seem to be doing really well so I thought I'd subscribe :) how are you?

Sent from my LG-D855 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Where have you been my lovely? are you well? x

What SF products are you trying? I am using the strawberry and vanilla tins and they are really tasty, it is also really simple to make so is convenient =)

I also have the SF bars, i like the caramal ones as they are like mars bars, i am not keen on the ready made shakes though as they hurt my stomach x

Hello!
Sorry haven't been on all week!!
I'm still sticking to it but have occasionally mixed it up by only having one shake and substituting the other one for 'proper' food. Still sticking to under 1400 cals a day.
Struggling this week as think I'm going to stay the same but have lost 8lbs over the first three weeks so I guess a maintain week isn't too bad.
This is the first diet I've ever stuck to for this length of time! I usually do 2 weeks and then stop!!
x

Hello! Sorry haven't been on all week!! I'm still sticking to it but have occasionally mixed it up by only having one shake and substituting the other one for 'proper' food. Still sticking to under 1400 cals a day. Struggling this week as think I'm going to stay the same but have lost 8lbs over the first three weeks so I guess a maintain week isn't too bad. This is the first diet I've ever stuck to for this length of time! I usually do 2 weeks and then stop!! x

Well done, that is a great loss and great that you are sticking to it x

Hello!!
Weigh in again today. Lost another 1.8lbs so have now lost 9.8lbs in 4 weeks.
Am still following 1400 cals a day and using slim fast products most days in the week but not every day. I'm keeping in mind that I don't want to be using slim fast for the rest of my life so don't need to use them every day!
Hope everyone else is getting on well? X

Hello!! Weigh in again today. Lost another 1.8lbs so have now lost 9.8lbs in 4 weeks. Am still following 1400 cals a day and using slim fast products most days in the week but not every day. I'm keeping in mind that I don't want to be using slim fast for the rest of my life so don't need to use them every day! Hope everyone else is getting on well? X

What do you chose for snacks? X

I was down to 11st 5lb but had a weekend off so worried I may not have lost this week x

Back