Tinned mackerel, ever a healthy extra?

Anneski

Hi all, I've done a search for canned mackerel and can only find anything relevant to healthy extras in 2009, when it wasn't one. So just wondering if anything's changed since then? I love canned mackerel and would like it as a healthy extra on a green day, but it if isn't I'll stick with it free on red days - just thought I'd check and see. :)

there is no mention of tinned mackerel in the current list but you can have 57 g fresh mackerel. You used to be able to have 85g tinned in tomato sauce/brine but that was at the turn of the century(sounds old doesn't it?)

there is no mention of tinned mackerel in the current list but you can have 57 g fresh mackerel. You used to be able to have 85g tinned in tomato sauce/brine but that was at the turn of the century(sounds old doesn't it?)

I know!! I was talking about 'turn of the century' stuff the other day and had a sharp shock when someone pointed out that I was 100 years out of date with that now :8855:

Thanks for the mackerel info, I'll just scoff the tinned on my red days. I've been having brine, could I have tomato sauce, is that free do you happen to know? :confused:

Back