Tinned mackerel in tomato sauce - allowed on cruise?

curvygirlie

are we allowed tinned mackerel in tomato sauce in cruise?

Am I right to assume if yes then it's only ok on PV days because of the tomato sauce?

What else is in the sauce? It's likely to have added ingredients which might make it unfriendly. Do you have an ingredients list for the one you're thinking of?

i've just eaten it as i was starving!

Princes Mackerel in Spicy Tomato Sauce 125g

INGREDIENTS
Mackerel (70%), Water,
Tomato Paste, Sugar, Spirit Vinegar, Spices, Salt.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Typical values per 100g
Energy 833kJ/200kcal
Protein 13.6g
Carbohydrate 4.7g
(of which sugars) 4.6g
Fat 14.1g
(of which saturates) 1.3g
Polyunsaturates 4.5g
(of which Omega 3) 3.0g
Fibre nil
Sodium 0.2g

It's got sugar in it plus the fat content is very high at 14.1g per 100g - the fat content is higher than the protein!

yes i agree but I'm sure i read somewhere that the fats that fish contain are Omega 3 ie the 'good' fats that your body needs to stay healthy

From the Dukan website -

All fish (you can still include oil-rich fish as these contain heart-healthy omega-3 fats)

There's no oil added to it as Mackerel are quite oily anyway but i'm still very wary....:wave_cry:

I don't have anything to copy and paste but I remember seeing this same question asked on the official dukan chat a couple of months ago and the answer was yes on PV days. I've been eating them ever since. I believe oily fish is really good for you. I think it's just the sugar that is questionable from a dukan point of view.

I think the fat is fine, like you said omega 3-6-9!! The only thing is the sugar that is added to the sauce...

I'm gonna chance it and see how the scales react in the next couple of days...:)

I ate it on my Attack phase every day, I NEED the tommy sauce to eat them as they're disgusting! I lost 7lb in 5 days so it obviously didn't affect me.

oooh, u ate them on attack?

I wonder if i could eat them on PP days also? - I ruddy well love mackerel in tom sauce, even better with a spoonful of Pataks Lime Pickle.

but I'm betting Lime pickle is off limits on Dukan....:rolleyes:

well the scales were extremely kind this morning.. 1 kilo down from yesterday morning which takes me past the one stone mark..:)

I always wondered this, the good Dr says its an attack food, as long as there is no oil in the sauce. I have been looking and some have oil some dont. The small ones from Aldi dont have oil in the tomato sauce.

Back