Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Tins of chopped tomatoes ?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Lite' started by hastiel, 13 February 2011 Social URL.

1. hastiel

hastiel Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Lite
    I thought we were allowed these on LLL but I have just noticed that they contain acidity regulator which is citric acid .... are we allowed them or not ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Yasmine

Yasmine One last chance

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.58%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Lite
    Yes we are :)

If you look into your book, there is a recipe for curry and in the ingredients is tinned chopped tomatoes :)

I've been having them throught out my journey and have lost weight :p

4. hastiel

hastiel Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Lite
    I emailed my LL consultant re this and he said to avoid citric acid as it can take me out of ketosis , I then asked him what brands of tinned tomatoes were ok then as they all seem to contain citric acid - he is now not sure and is going to check with LL tomorrow - fingers crossed its ok as I bought 5 tins yesterday :)

5. Yasmine

Yasmine One last chance

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.58%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Lite
    that's very odd because our book says we can have it :p

6. Yasmine

Yasmine One last chance

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.58%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Lite
    just had a butchers at my book and in the vegetable section we are allowed tomatoes including puree and passatta. It shouldn't matter which brand u get because a tomato is a tomato lol.

7. hastiel

hastiel Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Lite
    I know what you mean and fingers crossed its ok and you are right a tomato is a tomato but the problem is the added citric acid in the cans - which is apparently a no-no on LL , what my consultant said was he would check with LL directly but he suspected that perhaps the volume of citric acid was maybe too low to make a difference - I really hope so as I have used them a few times x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.