Tiny loss?

sunnyslim

Hi all,

long time no see... I am fed up at the moment and wondered if someone can help shed some light. After a rather traumatic break form my vlcd (ignore ticker..is more inspiration that true now) I am back in week 2, day 15. Now, according to the scales, I have lost....wait for it...4lbs. :( Yes. It took me 10 days to stop feeling hungry, had a shaky one yesterday with hunger, and I am drinking 3lts, more most days, not including the shakes. I am not eating any bars, the ketosis sticks had gone that pink purple colour and have now gone back to beige?! ( I know they can be unreliable but they were picking it up). I am exercising for 20-30 minutes a day as well as running about with small offspring.
So to recap: Small, silly small weight loss, lots of water, lots of it, no bars, not much energy,exercising and, oh yeah, clothes NO different, no inches gone either. No cheats at all, no fruit juices ect... stuck 100%. Am not retaining fluid as far as I can see either. Don't have much energy either..!?
Wouldn't post about it normally, but feel after this mornings weigh in and seeing such a shocking result I could ask for some advice? Feels like I am still stuck on days 1-3 LOL:confused: Oh, and I am doing the 4 packs a day- the adding salad and veg thing made me very hungry every evening last time.

Thanks for any advice xx

Last edited:
4lb is a great weight loss. Nothing to be disappointed for in that. I know it is a quicker way of losing weight doing a VLCD but you still won't lose tons of weight every week

As for ketosis you are either in it or not It is better to be a lighter shade on the ketosix as that means you are drinking plenty a dark shade just means you could be dehydrated.

You are doing great just keep at it

First and foremost 4 lbs isn't a small silly weight loss, especially after your 8 lbs the week before.
Personally, I'm not exercising whilst I am on SnS. I did have a weekend of heavy gardening at the start and it was then that I felt really hungry (well actually the day or so afterwards and I ended up having an extra pack). Maybe have an extra pack if you are exercising and feel really hungry? I do this now and again (usually around ovulation/when I have been very active) and it hasn't knocked me out of ketosis or affected my weightloss.

I wouldn't worry too much, keep at it, if you were on a 'normal' diet 4lbs in two weeks would be amazing! Other options: Are you on medication? Could you have an underactive thyroid? Could you be pregnant?

Let us know how it goes.

iwillbethinagain said:
I wouldn't worry too much, keep at it, if you were on a 'normal' diet 4lbs in two weeks would be amazing! Other options: Are you on medication? Could you have an underactive thyroid? Could you be pregnant?

Let us know how it goes.

Think the poster lost 4lb in her second week

Sorry... have to be clearer! I have lost 4lbs in two weeks, well 15 days, the ticker is out of date with my current weight, just kept it there to be a reminder that I did lose weight! After normally a pretty good loss in the first two weeks, I was confuddled as to what may of happened. (No pregnancy chance unless the doctor messed up!) I am not stopping s+s because 4lbs IS 4lbs regardless, just not the weight losses I would expect and know personally that do happen.

I see

On my third week I lost nothing on weigh in. I had lost 13lb the first 2 weeks and then zilch. But stuck with it and list just over 4lb in week 4. Scales don't seem to be budging much this week but I am still losing more than on SW. It took me almost a year to lose this weight on SW

Think we just keep going with it and maybe accept we will not be as quick as others. Think if we look at our weight loss over the month we will feel better about it.

Hopefully you will have a big whoosh soon

hmm it does sound low, but you should keep going, if youre sticking to it then it must have gone somewhere!
id give it a bit more time, maybe try some different scales. do you feel like youve lost much?
maybe you actually need more energy, have you been drinking the milk? maybe add some protein too? I know that sounds silly but sometimes a bit more energy kick starts the losses.

I feel your disappointment! I've had some great losses over the past 8 weeks but week 9 (today) I lost 1lb with no inch losses for the last 3 weeks, disheartened is not the word but I have picked myself up & am determined to keep going hoping next week will catch up on the scales.

Dont give in, every 1lb is a lb closer to goal :)

Back