ProPoints Tinyshoes hoping for a slimmer/happier future!

tinyshoes

Must try harder...
Hi everyone! I have an old diary on this site somewhere but to be honest it was probably full of negative comments about myself/my life and also full of lots of excuses for going off plan etc so have decided to start a brand new one!

I'm married, 33, no children but 2 dogs - one an old lady and one a puppy :) I'm generally a negative person when it comes to me, and have not been happy at all for the last year or so (prob alot longer, but tried to ignore it!) I am now the heaviest I have been in 9 years and I feel disgusted with myself to put it bluntly! The fact I have put this weight on is a reflection that I am an emotional eater, and eat when lonely/feeling unloved/unappreciated etc. Anyway I am now trying to get back to a weight I feel comfortable with, and trying to focus on the positives in life instead of the negatives, with regards to myself, my marriage/hubby, work, family etc. Fed up of feeling chubby and miserable.

I have followed WW a few times and 7 years ago was at my lowest weight of 9.10 when I met my hubby. So I know I can stick to the plan and lose weight, I just need to get my head and heart back in the zone!! I started again last week and have lost 2lbs this week so a good start :) Long may it continue!! I will aim for 1lb a week and anything on top of that is a bonus. I hate exercise haha, but am going to hopefully get back into Zumba, and I walk the pup most nights although only for 20-30 mins at the mo coz she is so young.

Here goes, wish me luck! If you see I have pointed anything wrong or just have any general comments or advice, please feel free to share :)

I do not go to class am just doing this at home, WI at the mo is Friday morning but that may change. Although I WI Friday, my weekly points run Monday - Sunday as I started last Monday. I guess they should even themselves out anyway.

Last edited:
Friday 24th Feb = 26 dailies & 29 weeklies left
Diary is off to a good start, 2lbs off this week! :)

Fri or Sat usually have takeaway as I refuse to cook 7/7 nights a week, and my hubby refuses to cook ANY nights a week! That's not negative, just fact haha!

Breakfast = 5PP
2 x choc Weetabix 4
200ml lighter Soya milk 1

Snack = 0PP
Red Grapes

Lunch = 8PP
1/2 pot Tesco Finest Chicken Mulligatawney soup 6 (yum!)
2 x chilli rice cakes 2
Satsuma 0
Cup Green Tea (can only drink this straight after food for some reason!)

Snack = 1PP
Banana 0
SAJ Rice cake 1

Dinner = 24
2 x slices pizza - guesstimated at 8 each = 16
1/3 portion fries - guesstimated at 8 = 8

Exercise: 40 minute walk with pup

Dailies used: 26/26
Weeklies used: 12/29
Weeklies left: 17

Green Tea? Yes
5 Fruit/Veg? Grapes, Veg in soup, Satsuma, Banana, mushrooms
1 'bad' treat? Pizza!
Smiling today? A little
Positive thought of the day? I WILL do this, 2lbs gone good start

Last edited:
Monday 27th Feb
Forgot had started this so didn't update at weekend oops! Did quite well tho, stuck to my weeklies altho used them all up. Scales still showing the same as Friday, whereas normally I 'gain' over the weekend. Anyway today's planned food:

Breakfast = 5
Belvita biscuits

Snack = 0
Satsuma

Lunch = 7
2 x 50/50 crustless 2
Rf egg mayo filler 2
French Fries 2
WW toffee apple yog 1 Apple 0

Snack = 2
SAJ rice cake 1
Scraping choc phili 1

Dinner = 9
WW beef in peppercorn sauce with sweetcorn/peppers 9

Dessert = 3
Mini Apple Mullerice

Supper = 2
3 x Cad choc fingers = 2

Exercise: 2 hours ironing, not exactly exercise but was on my feet instead of on the sofa lol

Weeklies used: 2/49
Weeklies left: 47

Green Tea: Yes
Min 5 Fruit/Veg: Satsuma,Apple,Peppers,Sweetcorn, oops 1 short today!

Last edited:
Tuesday 28th Feb
Pleased with myself for yesterday, felt like could have snacked and snacked last night but I didn't, I made myself iron (booooooooo hiss hate it) instead! Half my problem is loneliness/boredom eating so need to keep busier at night, the other half of my problem is lack of motivation right now! Really wanna go back to Zumba, but bit scared about going on my own lol. Would also like to get into Aquafit, but again, worried about going on my own, and also worried about getting my thighs out in public!! I would be mortified if I saw someone I knew, how daft does that sound?!

Breakfast = 4
Oatsosimple Apple & Blueberry 3
200ml lighter soya milk = 1

Snack = 0
Red Grapes 0

Lunch = 7
1/2 pot Tesco Finest Morrocan Chicken soup 5
2 x chilli rice cakes 2
Apple 0

Snack = 3
SAJ rice cake 1
1 Tesco value choc digestive 2

Dinner = 13?
Chicken from small chicken kebab - guessing 8??
Green pepper/onion 0
Tiny bit of (Less than 1/4) pitta bread 1?
1/2 pack Tilda mushroom rice = 4

Guessed points for this, but feeling ok about it - hubby had fish n chips so I tried to opt for the healthiest thing I could from there! Didn't have any sauce and I don't think the chicken was cooked in any oil from what I could see. If anyone thinks I have under estimated please let me know!

Supper = 3

Highlights 1
3 x cad choc fingers 2

Weeklies used: 4/47
Weeklies left: 43

Green Tea: No - tut tut! can only drink this straight after I have eaten and I kept forgetting to make it yesterday til it was too late!

Min 5 Fruit/Veg: Grapes,Apple,Soup veg,Green pepper/onion

Last edited:
Wednesday 29th Feb

Disaster (aka fish n chips!) avoided last night! Opted for the healthiest thing I could have from that takeaway which was a small chicken kebab with no sauce, and only ate a tiny bit of the pitta bread so am hoping won't impact any loss I may have this week! Fingers crossed. I need to up my fruit/veg tho as compared to last week I am not doing so well. And keep forgetting to have my Green Tea straight after I have eaten which is the only time I can drink it without feeling sick for some reason, so need to remember that as well! Not as well organised this week lacking motivation! MUST find motivation from somewhere lol - all suggestions on a postcard please.....:D

Breakfast = 5
2 x choc Weetabix 4
200ml lighter soya milk 1

Snack = 0
Red Grapes 0

Lunch = 7
1/2 pot Tesco Finest Moroccan Chicken soup = 5
2 x chilli rice cakes = 2
Small banana = 0

Snack = 2
SAJ 1
Scraping Choc Phili 1

Dinner = 12
Birds Eye Reggae Reggae Chicken 4
200g homemade potato wedges 4
Oil 1
1/3 bag Asda ranch salad 3
Lettuce/cucumber/piccolo tomatoes 0

Supper = 3
Pineapple 0
Belvita Yoghurty x 1 = 3

Exercise: 40 minute brisk walk
Weeklies used: 3/43
Weeklies left: 40

Green Tea: YES I WILL remember today lol, aim for 2 cups - Done!

Min 5 Fruit/Veg: Grapes,Banana,Soup veg,Ranch salad, lettuce/cucumber/tomatoes, Pineapple

Last edited:
Looks really good hun well done! X

Aw thank you, wow someone reads my diary lol! I'd better make sure I'm being good then :eek:

Thursday 1st March
Wow, another month gone and still hardly any Christmas weight lost! That is gonna change this month for definite! Had a really bad night last night with hubby, he doesn't like it when I have my own opinion that is different to his, women should be seen and not heard kind of attitude sometimes grrr. Anyway I almost resorted to eating the Malteasers bunny AND Galaxy Ripple I have in the cupboard - I had them both in my hand......and then made myself put them back!! Phew, another food disaster avoided lol. Men!!! Think I have the 7 year itch going on coz right now I just feel like bailing out. Anyway, back to the subject, today's food:

Breakfast = 5
Belvita 5

Snack = 0
Red Grapes 0

Lunch = 7 really enjoyed my lunch sat in the sun, was lovely!
White and wheat mini wrap 3
Ham 1
WW cheese slice 1
Lettuce 0
WW cheese tortillas 2
Banana 0

Snack = 3
Belvita Yoghurty 3

Dinner = 12
Tesco LC chicken in tikka sauce 5
1/2 pack Tilda mushroom rice 4
Mini Naan 3

Supper = 3
Mullerlight Mango & Passionfruit (love these!) 2
Fresh pineapple 0
2 x cad choc fingers 1

Exercise: 40 minute brisk walk
Weeklies used: 4/40
Weeklies left: 36

Min 5 Fruit/Veg: Grapes,Pineapple,Lettuce, Banana - oops missing one!

Last edited:
Friday 2nd March
WI this morning and am disappointed as I have sts this week! Don't really understand why I haven't lost anything coz I have stuck to points within my weeklies, refused fish and chips, put chocolate back in the cupboard after wanting to eat it, and for nothing! Only different thing I can think is I haven't eaten quite as much veg this week, and have had between 28-30 points a day whereas last week I was having 31-33, but I should only be on 26 so I wouldn't think that should affect it adversely! Anyway am gonna try hard to keep my motivation this next week. Maybe have lost half a lb and my scales don't show that, I'll cling to that thought lol.

Breakfast - 6
50g Special K Almond & Hazelnut 5
Almond milk 1

Snack = 0
Red Grapes 0
Clementine 0

Lunch = 7
Mini white and wheat wrap 3
Slice ham 1
WW cheese slice 1
Lettuce 0
Mullerlight Mandarin 2
Banana 0

Snack = 1
SAJ 1

Dinner = 24?
Gave in and had takeaway coz so disappointed bout sts, I know this isn't the way to deal with it lol! So:
2 slices pizza - 16?
1/3 portion spicy fries - 8?

Supper = 5
Galaxy Ripple 5

Exercise: None, laaaazzzzyyyy night!!
Weeklies used: 17/36 oops!
Weeklies left: 19

Min 5 Fruit/Veg: Pineapple,Grapes,Lettuce,Clementine,
Banana, mushrooms on pizza lol

Last edited:
Love your diary. I've not tried green tea yet, Im not a hot drink fan lol

Aw thank you! I'm not a fan of green tea at all, I keep trying it again and try to convince myself I like it lol. I can't drink the plain green tea I have to have the flavoured ones and add sweetener. Also I find it makes me feel really sick unless I drink it straight after I have eaten something, don't know why?! Sorry if tmi lol. If you wanted to try it you could make it and leave it to cool. Don't use boiling water as it makes it even more bitter yuck! Anyway thanks for reading and commenting :)

I try to drink green tea too lol its vile! I bought one with honey in which isn't too bad....its the last mouthful that I find the worse! Lol

X

I try to drink green tea too lol its vile! I bought one with honey in which isn't too bad....its the last mouthful that I find the worse! Lol

X

Same here! I always make a 'sour face' after I've had the last mouthful lol :jelous: The best one I've tried is the one with Apple & Pear, but even then I have to force it down!

Monday 5th March
Didn't get on here again at the weekend to update, I counted everything and I did end up a little over my weeklies unfortunately, but did lots of walking so am hoping will cancel it out lol. Loosely worked out my AP's from last week and weekend and it covered the extra I think. Gonna be hard to stay focused this week as I always find it hard after sts coz I think what is the point? I can eat most things I want and sts anyway. BUT I will really try hard and think about the long term rather than just one disappointing week. Still lost 2lbs in 2 weeks I guess. Am gonna try alternating higher and lower points coz this has helped in the past.

Breakfast = 6
Belvita 6

Snack = 2
4 x Cheddar biscuits

Lunch = 11
Food Doctor seeded pitta bread 3
Lettuce/cuc/tomatoes 0
3 wafer thin chicken slices 1
WW cheese slice 1
Mini Raspberry Mullerice 3 (yum!)
Rice Krispie square 3 (grr feeling real hungry today - 'hormonal' hungry lol NOT good)

Snack = 1
SAJ 1

Dinner = 9
Tesco LC Haddock & Prawn crumble 9
Green beans & carrots 0
Dessert = 2
Mullerlight 2

Supper = 4
Cadbury Freddo 3
Highlights 1

Grrr NOT having a good night tonight!! Really hungry!!! Edit: managed to go for a brisk 30 minute walk which stopped me eating any more thankfully phew that was a tough evening lol.

Total dailies used: 26/26
Weeklies used: 9/49 and it's only Monday eek!!!

Green Tea: No tut tut forgot to take to work!
Min 5 fruit/veg: Lettuce, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Green beans, Carrots

Last edited:
Diary looks good! Keep up the good work! :)

Tuesday 6th March
Last night I wanted to eat EVERYTHING lol! Managed to stop at 9 weeklies but that's bad enough! Went for a brisk walk in the freezing cold brrr then had my Highlights hot choc when got in. Hoping for a better day today, altho got womenly check up at docs tonight booooo hate it hate it hate it :mad: so will prob wanna eat something nice afterwards to console myself :rolleyes: will try to opt for having my Dinner and then a walk again. Stupid check ups grrr, so embarrassing, feel so fat and exposed lol. Anyway grumble over.

Breakfast = 4
Oatso Simple Rasp 3
Almond milk 1

Snack = 2
Alpen Light 2

Lunch = 8
2 x 50/50 crustless bread 2
40g light egg mayo 1
French Fries 2
Mini Mullerice 3 (love these!)

Snack before dreaded docs = 1
SAJ 1

Dinner = 9 (BIG dinner yum!)
Turkey rasher 1
'Fried' egg 2
2 Tesco LC Cumb sausages 3
1/3 tin new potatoes sauteed 2
Mushrooms/Tinned tomatoes 0
1 50/50 crustless bread 1

This was LOADS of food for the points, was really nice and I was so full afterwards! Really cheered me up after the horrible docs appointment! Bit worried I may have underpointed due to the amount of food lol, so if anyone thinks I may have please let me know.

Supper = 2
Pineapple 0
3 x Cad choc fingers 2

Total dailies used: 26/26
Weeklies used: 0/40

Green Tea: No tut tut forgot to take to work AGAIN!
Min 5 fruit/veg: Mushrooms, tomatoes, pineapple - really struggling to eat fruit this week coz it's cold lol

Last edited:
Ooh, your dinner tonight sounds yummy. :D Have a good day!x

Thanks, I love it, usually have a smaller version of this for Sunday brekkie (minus the sausages/toms/mushrooms). Hoping it will cheer me up after docs, although really once it's over it's over isn't it. It's worse thinking about it all day :mad: well, then waiting for results which is horrible after you've had bad ones in the past. Thanks for reading and commenting, you have a good day too :)

Back