Tinytootz rant-and-involve-some-food diary

Some days, I swear I'm talking to myself. Are all males rude when the TV is on? As in, NOTHING else actually exists when it's on.

Yesterday was pretty poo food wise. Bag of crisps and about 4 mini biscuits in the end. Resisted the cakes so far. Made OH take as many as he could to work today, so in the kitchen is one big moose shaped biscuit, and 3 cupcakes. Might steal a cupcake later.
Totally shattered. Had 3.5 hours sleep, and went on a sunbed yesterday, and feel so burnt today. Got 4 hours off this afternoon, which I intend on spending having a bath, and attempting to have a nap. Need to get my legs 'prepped' for swimming tomorrow. Oh, and must remember to go to the video shop later to get Sucker Punch.
I decided on Saturday to do something nice for OH each day this week. Not sure why, but it distracted me from my own thoughts. So Saturday he got a handmade card, Sunday was a bath with candles, Monday was some little pressies, like sweeties, Tuesday I constructed a washing line, and hung little notes telling him why I love him, Wednesday was cakes and biscuits, and tonight he is getting Sucker Punch to watch, and an early night (cause I'm shattered, haha!)
I hope he's appreciated it all. But probably not, he is a bloke after all!

On with the day, must try to not fall asleep in the bath!

18/8/11 - red

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Fritatta (eggs, bacon, spring onions, leeks)
Leftover braised red cabbage

Tea is takeaway. Must avoid bread and potatoes this evening, as they bloat me, and I'm swimming in the morning, and I don't wanna feel all bloated and swollen. Not sure what we are having yet, we shall see. Might turn it into a red day yet, having a bacon on WM sandwich for lunch, not sure. Hmmmm, yeah, leaning towards more of a snacky day than set meals. See, even as I've sat here I've changed it!

Tea, considering a chicken kebab, with WM pitta and salad. Mmmmm.

Last edited:
Well, due to Hugo, today has gone tits up. He is being quite aggressive in general, and towards me, so I'm a bit soggy from crying, so I ate a cupcake to try and cheer myself up and calm myself down. It kinda worked

Urgh. Thursday night I ate 1 piece of chicken, some chips, salad and a slice of donner meat.
Friday I had KFC (1 piece chicken, small fries) followed by chicken pieces, lamb chop, and a few chips. I also had quite a lot of fruit juice and a small 99 cone. Lordy, I just seemed to give up yesterday.

---------------------------

Like my line? :D

20/8/11

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Apple
Cherries

SW wedges
Leeks

SW cooked breakfast:

2x WW sausages - 1
Trimmed bacon
Baked beans
Tinned toms
Poached egg
Slice WM toast - 3
2x Hash browns - 4

Muller light

Last edited:
21/8/11

Today, I will be operating on 3 hours sleep. That's right. Three. So......

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Pasta pack
Apple
Muller light

Chilli con carne
Jacket potatoes
Leeks
Baked beans
Carrots

Small slice cherry pie
Fruit salad

Meh. Expecting a gain tomorrow, so feeling meh. And very tired, which means highly strung, which means emotional.

But look at you and your new shiny sticker - whit woo!

My boss was talking to me the other night about the diet she is doing - The French Diet. The basics seem to be you can eat what you like (as long as it is homemade) but you should take your time over eating each meal, and have smaller portions. I asked what she ate, and apparently on her typical day she has croissants for breakfast (homemade), soup or sandwich for lunch, and then toad in the hole for tea. Snacks would be cake. It intreigued me, and she said I should try it. She's lost 2 stone on it, which is impressive, but I really don't like the idea of it. Firstly, I ain't about to start baking croissants. Secondly, it sounds too good to be true. Thirdly, I don't have the time to spend ages just eating! Rather than spending an hour eating lunch, I could be walking the dog, hoovering, doing the shopping, chilling infront of the TV. I have a short attention span as it is!
I guess I'm getting a bit 'hmmmm' about SW and my slow losses, even though they are entirely my own fault! I guess I shall plod along with my branflake breakfast, green lunches, and lord-knows-what tea, and give myself a bit of a break when it comes to mucking up. Even the Dr on the TV said that humans are weak. If we deprive ourselves of things we love, then of course we will cave in.

Anyhoo

22/8/11

Branflakes - HE
Milk - HE

Jacket potato
Leftover chilli
Baked beans

Fruit salad (kiwi, apple, melon, strawberries, nectarine)
Muller light

Steak
Mashed potato
Leeks
Roast carrots
Frylighted onions

Boring, and quite a lot of red meat, so to speak, but oh well!

Slowly getting through the freezer! The biggies left now are:

Meatballs
Pork steaks
Stewing steak
Frying steaks
Low fat smoked sausage
Sausages (normal and low fat)
Pollock
Steak pie
Chicken and bacon lattices

- so I am slowly getting there! Might to a goulash on Wednesday, use up the stewing steak, and some of the peppers I have kicking around, make him indoors do meatballs and pasta on Tuesday. Not a lot of white meat in, but I am reluctant to go food shopping, as I end up buying stuff we don't need as it's on offer! Might get a chicken to roast on Saturday perhaps from Aldi, now that's forward planning!

I think that the fruit salad and lots of water have been my saviour this week, and now I have the chance to do it all over again, without big whoopsies food wise!

23/8/11 - Mix to Max (I think)

2x WM bread - HE
Trimmed bacon

MORE leftover chilli. With a WM pitta

1/4 of Potz icecream. Whole tub is 270 cals, so 13.5 syns. My bit was 3.5.

1/2 Bottle wine. Pretty sure it's 16 syns

*OH was being a proper queen over the toothache. I know it hurts, but seriously, holding your jaw all the time, constantly moaning, but then it gets better, till I look over, then the hand is back on the jaw. *sigh* So tea for me was a pasta pack. He couldn't face to eat anything. I am sympathetic to a point. I went out and got him ibruprofen, cocodamol, tooth picks, dental floss, drove him to the dentists late on, drove him to my parents to get stronger cocodamol, sleeping pills and clove oil, and to STILL be moaning I feel is a little selfish. I get a bit annoyed when someone is moaning, you do all you can to try and help, and they still moan. As I say, I know it hurts, I've had it myself before, but you kinda have to get on with it. When I'm poorly I still have to walk the dog, do the dishes, work and prepare tea. Anyhoo, rant over.

Last edited:
24/8/11

Not sure what to do today. Feel a little in limbo, so I guess I'll stick to what I know :)

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

SW wedges
Leeks

Fruit salad (melon, kiwi, apple, nectarine, strawberries)
Muller light

4x Malteasers - 2
Mug shot

Home made goulash type stew thing (lean beef, onions, peppers, passata, herbs and spices)
Rice

3x small slices garlic bread - 12-15 I'd say. OH was really hungry from not eating for awhile, the goulash was already made, so I was stodging him up on garlic bread. I had 3, he had about 10 :)

Gah, can't stop snacking! So far I've nearly eaten toast, crisps and bread rolls, but subsided it with 4 Malteasers and a mug shot! Just ate the mug shot, and considering what I can eat next! If I have an apple, then I know I will have been a super good girl today :D

Last edited:
Well, I am approaching the anniversary of when I started SW. By then, I might have hit the 22lb mark. Is it where I wanted to be? No. Am I mentally in a place I thought I would be? No. My point? No, I haven't lost as much as I wanted to, but I am settled down with a lovely guy and lots of hairy 'children'. A year ago I thought my life was over after being dumped. Yeah, I wish I had lost more, but I'm pleased I am happy :)
And it does equate to nearly 0.5lb a week overall, which ain't toooooo shabby I guess :)

Last edited:
25/8/11

Well, out for lunch today AND then takeaway tonight. So I is thinking:

2x WM bread - HE
Trimmed bacon

Apple
Muller

Jacket potato with cheese and beans - HE
* no longer out, so having rice, WW sausages and spring onions, with jacket wedges - 1 syn total.

Tea is gonna be either a chicken kebab and chips, or chicken meat, donner meat, salad and chips.
*Got a HE left over, so might have chips and cheese!

Last edited:
Awww, no longer out for lunch :( Not sure what to have now. Was looking forward to my jacket with cheese and beans, but its not worth the oven time for one person at home. Ho hum. Some leftover rice from last night in the fridge, so I might have that with some spring onion, 2x WW sausages, with some jacket wedges.

Could you not microwave the jacket then stock in hot oven for 10 mins to crisp up a bit? Congrats on your sw anniversary and sticking with it for so long. You're doing brilliantly and just think if you hadn't done it it could mean 22 lb on or more!!! Xx

Back