Tinytootz rant-and-involve-some-food diary

I'm back AGAIN!

Lost a pound this week, but really highly suspicious of that. My jeans are getting tighter, and it is depressing me immensely, so its time I did something about it. I made them tight, now it's time to make them fit again! OH says I'm fine as I am, so it's also time to start ignoring him! Went on a massive binge yesterday for no good reason, suffering for it today IYKWIM.

So today: Greeeen

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Apple
Out for lunch, so having jacket potato with beans, cheese (HE) and side salad. Checked the menu, there is nothing else suitable really, as everything else would have hidden syns, or come with chips, and I know they won't swap for a JP :sigh:

Sausage casserole - Mattessons low fat smoked sausage (12 syns for 100g, I won't be eating that much, so will count 9), onions, tomatoes, carrots, trimmed bacon (HE), oxo cube, herbs, served with SW roast potatoes, roast parsnips, and perhaps some peas.

I would use WW sausages, but I've had this blinking smoked sausage lurking for yonks, so lets get shot of it! Plus as I'm doing it in the slow cooker, I thought it would hold up better.

Going away tomorrow for the night to blackpool. I've now officially told the OH I am on a diet, so hopefully, fingers crossed, he isn't a total git about it. He's put on some weight too, so maybe it would do him good! I put his gain down to 4litres of full sugar coke A DAY, chocolate, crisps and burgers....

I hate the fact my belly has come back. Now the weather has gone colder, I can keep it hidden for a week or so until I get rid of it :D I was looking at myself in the mirror yesterday, and I didn't like what I saw, so time to change it. I've had my binge, now for the moderation to kick in.

Last edited:
Oh, and I've had my sugar and spice order through, so looking forward to future curries, chilli's, SF chicken, and whatever else I got :) I know I could do the spicing myself, but I thought I would give them a shot, see what they are like.

Back again :) Had a long weekend off work (Thurs-Sun), so we went away to Blackpool for the night, and had a couple of day trips. Just off the Wii, and I have STS, which I am pleased with considering. Got a horrid cold right now, so I think today is going to be a green day so I can have some comfort food, and I'll be avoiding the wine tonight too.

11/10/11

Shredded wheat - HE
Milk - HE

Pasta pack
There is a rustlers chicken sub in the fridge which is tempting me, but I must resist!

Diet cokes whilst out
Cheese, baked bean and tomato toasties - HE & HE
Sticky toffee pudding and low fat custard (I think!) - probably way over, but we shall see.

Feel so yucky today with this darn cold. And I don't know what to do with the rustlers sandwich! I think I am going to eat it today, as it went out of date yesterday, OH won't eat it, and I cannot stand wasting food. Or I could just strip it, bin the bread, and somehow reuse the chicken, bacon and cheese slice in it. Hmm, that sounds like more of a plan to me. Then either today or tomorrow, I could whack the chicken and bacon in a WM pitta and have it as a HE or 6 syns, as its the bread which is the killer. Yep, that is exactly what I am going to do. Yeah it would be yummy to have it as it is, but I can't afford the syns. The same goes with the sticky toffee pudding. It goes out of date in a day or two, so I would rather get shot of it when I have a week till WI rather than when it is super close. Needless to say, I ain't the one who buys these things!

Food plan for the upcoming week is loosely:

Wed: Cereal - Pasta - Keema curry and rice
Thurs: Cereal - possibly leftover curry - takeaway (opting for grilled chicken kebab)
Fri: Skipped - out for lunch - homemade chicken noodle soup
Sat: Cereal - Fritatta - Chicken burgers and salad maybe
Sun: Bacon sandwich - not sure yet - thinking fish

So at the shops I'll need to get:

Spring onions
Noodles for soup
Lettuce
Potatoes
Baps for OH
Coke for OH (I swear he is addicted to cherry coke)

And that is about it really, everything else I have in. Apart from fresh fruit, we need some more of that, and low fat yoghurts.

12/10/111

Back on the wagon for moi :)

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Pasta pack
Apple
FF yoghurt
Slice WM bread - 3

Keema curry
Boiled rice
1/2 naan - 13 for whole thing
Trifle made from: sugar free jelly, low fat custard - 3, strawberries, raspberries, tablespoon onken yoghurt (non low fat) - 3? and a squirt of cream - 1?

I've had no chocolate or sweet things all day :D

Possibly gone a wee bit over on syns today, but I am trying to keep costs down so much that I am not wanting to waste things, hence the custard and onken yoghurt. Put the rest of the loaf in the freezer, therefore I can't see it to be tempted, and it won't go mouldy either :)

Gonna go on red tomorrow, then I can have a chicken kebab for tea with a WM pitta as a HE, and not worry toooooo much about the veg side of things. Cereal to start, fritatta and cooked chicken with salad for lunch, and then kebab for tea :D

Last edited:
OMG

Gotta double check tomorrow with the court, but if I don't need an appointment, I'm filing for bankruptcy on Friday. To say I feel sick is the understatement of the century. I am 110% terrified, like, totally terrified.

OH isn't exactly supportive. He doesn't understand why I am bricking it, and has been talking about it to a work colleague who has been bankrupt (which I'm not overly happy about, but oh well), so he (and she) both think they are the gospel on it now. Fact is, the process has changed since she did it, so no dear, you don't know it all. I don't like people telling me things I either already know, or telling me things that aren't true, but putting it forward in such a way that its my fault it ain't true, if that makes sense!

But I'm still bricking it!

Flippers. Just rang the court, no I don't need to book, I just turn up, looking at a 1-2 hour wait depending on what the judge is doing. Flip. It's all kinda real now. I don't wanna see a judge, they might give me a right rollocking!

But food wise today: Red:

Shredded wheat - HE
Milk - HE

Fritatta (eggs, leeks, spring onions, cooked chicken, sprinkling of cheese) - HE
Salad (lettuce, rocket, gherkins)
Dollop of mayo - 3
Square galaxy - 1

Grilled chicken kebab
Salad
WM pitta - HE

Got leftover Keema curry from last night in the fridge, but think I will freeze it as not too sure it would go with fritatta! There's also rice, but I might as well chuck that really. Could freeze, but it would only sit in there forever.

Last edited:
Hey , I saw your thread on another forum and then i was browsing on here and saw your name again.............lol am not some weird cyber-stalker:)

I too, am about to file for bankruptsy :cry: and like you too have had a a few people thinking that they are the authority which is really annoying.........but then a couple who are really helpful but went through it 4-5 years ago and things have changed sooo much and not just the fees :eek:

I hope that all works our for you re ; the car but from what I can make out they don't usually make you sell assets which wont raise approx £1000 at auction.............Let me know how you get on with it . It's a shame that you have had to wait all weekend to find out=major stress:cry:

Take care x

Haha I have a stalker, cool! Yeah, I am totally unoriginal with my user names, so I am pretty easy to trace :)

I am still bricking it about Wednesday, its like being in trouble with the teachers at school.

I know, I have had to snap at a couple of people with regards their opinions and thoughts, especially the woman who is feeding the OH details about when she went bankrupt, so I have had to tell him a couple of times that yes, its wonderful that she went through it too, but times have changed MASSIVELY since she did it, so if she butted out, I would be chuffed :D

I am constantly looking for details on it, for some kind of reassurance, but it seems it is seriously down to case by case, not one solid rule.

Hope it goes well for you. I will let you know how I get on, and I'm sure I will be able to fill you with hope and good news, so it isn't quite so frightening for you :)

When are you filing?

xx

Lol, I am always looking at info on B which is how I saw your name!
Anyhoo I am looking to file pretty soon , well as soon as I can get the £700 together:confused: unless HMRC get to me first :cry:I was offered an IVA but couldn't bear to think about having it hanging over my head for five years:eek:
I have had so many weeks/months of worrying that it will be a relief in some ways:)and I figure that I will have less money=weightloss:8855:(every cloud n all that !)

I understand how you feel about the court thing and it does feel like being naughty and I keep thinking that it's something that they do every day and have prob seen and heard it all.......
Good Luck for Wed and if you get a chance to update as to how to get on I would be very interested to hear how it went.

xx

I've had this coming probably for the best part of 5 years, so the relief will be immense for me. I went through an IVA for about 1.5 years, and it was probably the stupidest idea I've had. I take it you have spoken to CAB or whoever about it? Cause there is always a DRO if you are under £15k, alas, I wasn't :( And you can also get the EX160 form (I think), which might make you exempt from the court fees of £175. Don't quote me, but I think the threshold for a single person was about £14k earnings, and a couple was £18k. Alas, I once again wasn't eligible!

Finding the £700 was a pain, but its the means to an end I guess. And if HMRC make you file BR, then that would save you some cash! (not that I recommend that).

The bit I did on Friday wasn't so bad at all. I went to the counter, gave in my forms, paid, then waited to be shown up to the court. I then sat outside, and was called in. I sat infront of a man (the judge) in a regular suit in a room, who made sure I knew what I was doing, told me I was not in trouble so I shouldn't be so worried, and loosely discussed the process with me. He then gave my file to the usher, who gave it to me, who told me to go back down to the counter and hand it in.
I did, waited about 10 minutes, then the lady who showed me upstairs came out, gave me my copies, and told me I would be called in the next 24 hours to arrange an appointment to speak to the OR.
The call came about 2.5 hours later, involved me repeating some of what was on my form, then I was told my appointment date and time, and some paperwork came through yesterday which I have to fill in and send back - just seems to be confirming stuff, some help sheets, and an ethnic background questionnaire thing.
Yes, I cried throughout the entire bloody thing, but that is because I get myself so wound up and scared, its my only release. But everyone was polite and kind to me. I ate lots of sweets, used tons of tissues, but I am well on my way to getting past it now. But still bricking it about Wednesday :D

Thanks :) I have weighed up the IVA thing but made that decision that it's defo not for me ! and your experience just confirms it. Am off to CAB this afternoon ..................
My debts are around £34k so DRO ain't an option, lol
Loads of luck this week:) and at least you will be able to sleep easier and not dread the postman (or is that just me ??)
Take Care xx

Nah, I also dread the postman and the phone ringing, so it ain't just you!

Can't wait till it isn't the entire focus of my daily life, and I can start trying to get my head back into SW and practising what I preach! x

Hi Hun you prob won't read this but I went on your new diary and it is all weird and won't let me reply???? Anyway sounds like you have had a lot to deal with over the last few weeks so hope you have a bit of peace now for a bit. Xxxxx

Oh. how odd. No idea why!

And I'm sure everything will fall into place :) And I hope you have some calm coming your way too soon :) x

Back