Tinytootz rant-and-involve-some-food diary

Sunday night we were so busy, ended up with a takeaway :)

So yesterday (Monday), I had Bran flakes with milk, a pasta pack, then the beef stew with mash and some dumplings. The whole lot of dumplings was about......20 syns. It formed more of a crust on top as I baked it in the oven, and I had about 1/3 of it. I thought it would be horrid, but it was lovely.

Today is Tuesday, and by some magic thingy, I am reporting a 1lb loss! Dunno how or why, but it will hopefully give me the kick up the jacksee that I need to get on with my targets!

OH's daughters birthday today, so no idea what tea will be. It might be party food, it might be McDonalds, it might be something when we get in.

But yippppeeeeee, 1lb off :D :D

Congrats on the 1lb off, you must be very pleased!!
Good luck with the birthday tea tonight!

We ended up in McDonalds, she is 9 after all! Yup, I went off plan as I was having such a crummy day, calling round places trying to find a home for Hugo, it proper wipes it out of you, and I end up crying all the time! Currently waiting for RSPCA to get back to me, then if they can't help, guess I have to continue down the list of centres :(

Today I intend on eating......

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Savoury rice
HM chilli con carne from the other week

Apple
Muller light

Then tea I was thinking home made fish and chips. Working 9am-10pm today without a break, so its kinda a comfort food day. Need to try and force some more fruit and veg into me though. Might mix some cooked leeks into the rice perhaps. I'm also tempted to do sausage casserole with jacket potatoes. Then there would be peppers and onions in the casserole, and could do it with carrots and peas, or something. Ach, right now my head ain't in it, I'm trying to find Hugo a home. I'll decide what to do for tea later :(

I've found him a home :)

He is going to a lady in Lincoln who owns the border collie rehoming site I emailed his details to. She has been after a neutered half white face collie for awhile, and now she has found him. She has several collies of her own, and enters them into flyball competitions. She is now going to do the same with Hugo. I'm totally over the moon, but can't stop crying. I don't want him to go, but I am thrilled to bits that he is going to an amazing home, its the dream outcome I wanted for him.

So far I've eaten bran flakes, apple, savoury rice and leftover chilli. Doing sausage casserole for later, made with onions and peppers. Could really do with nipping out and getting some jacket potatoes though to serve with it, seeing as the oven is going to be on anyway!

That's amazing news. It'll be really hard to say goodbye but it's definitely for the best. Well done on finding such a good home for him

I know, I'm impressed myself, and dead chuffed for him.

Every time I see you I have a different fruit to wow at - Watermelon. Impressive! Really not long now eh? Exciting-ness

I know and it honestly does look and feel as though I've got a watermelon stuck in my tummy. Can't wait now!

But seriously, a watermelon is super impressive! Not long now till life as you knew it is no more :)

I had bad dreams all last night, mainly about Hugo and the collie I used to look after. I was going to wake OH as I was getting myself upset, but he is "dying, and sooooo sick" (he has a cold!) that I thought it best to leave the snotty one alone. Seriously though, men! I had a cold last week, a nasty one too (well, I thought so) and I still managed to clean the house, walk the dog, cook tea and work all my hours. Saying that, I did drop a couple of evenings hours as I was crying with tiredness. I get really emotional if I don't get enough sleep! He has a cold and the world pretty much stops! He isn't as bad as my friends husband though, who does actually do the dying swan routine on the sofa. Perhaps I should have more sympathy......Neh! I just hope he doesn't act up because of it tomorrow. He can be impossible WITHOUT a cold!

Food wise today, I shall be consuming:

2x WM toast
WW noodles

Apple

Leftover chilli
SW wedges
Parsnips
Leeks

Then takeaway. Not sure which we are having yet, so not sure what I'll have. But can sort that out later on.

Last edited:
Well, Thursday lunch I actually had bran flakes and milk for breakfast as the toaster broke, then leftover sausage casserole, SW jacket wedges and WW noodles for lunch, then chicken and spinach balti with boiled rice for tea, was really yum!

Friday I skipped breakfast. Been having a tough time at the minute cause of Hugo. I spent a lot of yesterday crying over it, for no good reason really, more of a sympathy cry for myself I think! So to try and get me out of that cycle, I ate some tablet. I LOVE tablet and mum got me some back from Scotland. Its pure sugar, so its pure syns! Lunch was KFC - 3 Crisps strips, fries, beans and pepsi max. Tea was skipped. So not so good. But I'm pretty much getting used to Fridays not being so good now!

17/9/11

So lets get on with it shall we! Life has to go on, and I have to put myself first.

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Apple
Muller light

Leftover chilli con carne
Boiled rice

Cooked breakfast:

Trimmed bacon
2x WW sausages - 1
Baked beans
Tinned toms
Hash browns - 4.5
Poached egg (if I can convince mum to bring me some round!)
1x WM bread - 3 (not sure how to toast it though, toaster has gone ping, and we don't have a grill. Oooooh, might do eggy bread if mother comes by, and fried bread for him indoors :D )

18/9/11

I'm thinking steak :)

WM bread - HE
Small amount grated cheese - HE
Trimmed bacon
Lettuce
Spring onion

Apple
Mug shot

Steak
Sw jacket wedges
Leeks
Onion rings - 3
2 mini yorkshires - 3

Cornetto enigma - 8 - golly, they are super tasty

Last edited:
19/9/11 Greeeeeen

Monday, oh how I don't really like thee, but I prefer thee to Wednesdays!

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Pasta pack
WM toast - 3
Baked beans
Tomatoes

Pollock - HE
Jacket potato
Cheese - HE
Leeks
Carrots

Last edited:
.5lb on. Not a shocker really, my nemesis this week has been bread, an open pack of vienese (sp) biscuits and an open Milka Daim bar. And the fact that emotionally, some days I have been in my own version of turmoil. Wii says 1lb on, scales say .5lb on. Seeing as the Wii doesn't do .5lbs, I'm going with the scales. Must try harder this week, but Thursday and Friday are going to be tough as that's when Hugo goes. So today I am trying to clear out the naughty stuff, so I can try and remain focused next week. Having toasties for tea tonight, bean, cheese, trimmed bacon and WM bread. Not sure on lunch yet. Tea Wednesday night is steak pie with mash and veg. Its not the healthiest thing, but I need it out the freezer pronto. You never know, I might change my mind yet. Thursday is Hugo day, then takeaway. Friday we might be going Alton Towers, so that means Burger King. Saturday, Sunday and Monday are still unknown! I think I'll be ok, as long as there aren't the snacky things about which I have been picking at this week and not really admitting to!

Monday, I caught Hugo eating a book. Yesterday, I caught him eating the wall whilst I was in the shower. This morning, I came downstairs from being asleep to find he had eaten the banister. I give up. He had his Kong, he had other chew toys. He also made a mess in the kitchen again. Bearing in mind he is let out at 10pm, then at 6:20am, he has gone back to making a mess in the kitchen every morning. He's currently tearing round the house with a chew ring. The issue is, I REALLY need a kip this afternoon, but if I go up to bed for a bit, I have no idea what I'm coming downstairs to. And as for tonight, lord knows. He's going tomorrow, and although its gonna be a sad day, to be perfectly honest, the way he has been the last week, I'm quite glad! He clearly isn't happy, and all this mess and agro is making me unhappy, I just wish he was going today :(

21/9/11

Had cheese, bean, bacon, tomato and sausage toasties last night on WM. Bless him, they stuck to the toastie maker like nothing on earth! But it means I have leftover beans and tomatoes in the fridge, so today is gonna be:

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Pasta with spring onions, tomatoes, garlic and meatballs

Shortcrust steak pie
Mashed potato
Baked beans
Peas

I'll syn the pie later. I know it will be a lot, but at least it will then be gone! The biscuits have also gone, as has the open bar of Milka and the bread.

Bloody dog, still tearing about the house. Its at the point where I have to know where he is all the time, else he is doing something he shouldn't!

Looking at about 18 syns for a portion of the pie. That's based on the calories, not including steak as a potential free food. *sigh*

Just walked into the dining room, to discover Hugo about to eat a book. He has his Kong, a chewy rubber ring, and a flavoured plastic ring. It's gonna be a loooooong day!

I know it sounds horrible but its probably better he's acting up today as it'll make it easier tomorrow. If he was acting like a complete angel then it could make you question whether you're doing the right thing... Even though you know you are.
Eek pie is high in syns but if it's got to go, it's got to go

I know, I'm glad he is. I know everyone means well, but for each and every email or text I get telling me I've done the right thing, I start crying again. Mums been round to say goodbye, and started crying. So of course I started sobbing. Finally stopped now, but we're now in the 'last' territory - last walkies, last cuddle on the sofa, last evening meal, last saying goodnight, and I know tomorrow is going to be hell on earth!

On a side note, I gave the pie to my mum, along with an easter egg, some sausages, sweets and some other stuff I got in the reduced section :D so we're having chicken portions, SW wedges and salad instead :) Got one of them Maggi bags to try, just hope it tastes ok. Throwing a pepper in too for fun.

Oh I haven't tried those maggi bags, let us know what it's like.

I guess at least you didn't have to wait too long to rehome him. Good luck with tonight/tomorrow

Back