Tinytootz rant-and-involve-some-food diary

Nope. Waited a week, but I just keep reminding myself he ain't dying, he's going to an amazing place. But it does kinda feel like he's being shipped off to die. But in all honesty, I would have waited longer for such an amazing place. Anyhoo, lets get it over and done with eh!

Lordy, it was blummin gorgeous! I threw a yellow pepper in too, and it was delish! I had the herb one, and I will be buying more when I see them. Did it with chicken quarters and chicken thighs, but I bet it is great with chicken breasts. Next time I'll add more peppers, perhaps some red onion, and might try breasts, but I find them so expensive!

Man, today is gonna be tough! Yesterday was spent crying, culminating in a snotty sobbing me in bed. Mum gave him a cuddle and a kiss, dad shook his paw to say goodbye, OH gave him a quick pat then walked out. He's obviously upset, I could hear it in his voice. I've apologised to him for it, and he says he would go through anything for me. I just hope he doesn't blame me for it, and let it fester. I know he adores Hugo, and Hugo adores him. But he understands (or at least said he did) that it must be a lot to put up with day in day out - the barking, the chewing, the aggression, the mess. OH doesn't see so much of it, but he has seen it, and has a similar reaction to me. Why do I keep trying to justify it to myself?!?! Its cause I don't wanna be seen like one of the people who gets an animal, gets bored of it and then gets rid. The cockatoo Frankie I also 'got rid of', and was my decision, cause he was eating himself and I couldn't cope with the screaming, and the fact the bird was clearly distressed (it happened prior to coming to us, I don't have this affect on animals!). OH was also very fond of him too, and I was the one who 'got rid'.

Not ever doing this again. I'll stick to cats.

Mums been round again to say goodbye to Hugo. I know she is only doing it as she is worried about me, and cause she is going to miss him lots, but on a selfish note, it really isn't helping! I calm down, then I get a text or a mother turning up, and off I go again. I so wish she was coming with me, but she can't as she has a funeral to go to.

So far I've eaten a piece of chocolate cake. In my defence, half went in the bin as I was crying too much to eat, and it must have looked like I had been dumped and was consoling myself with cake! Today is going to be a flexi syn day I think....
Oh, I did have half an apple though :D and I'm about to have another cuppa and perhaps some weetabix. Theres some plain cooked pasta in the fridge, some beans and some leftover chicken so if I get tooooo snacky before we go, at least they will save me!

The deed is done :(

Thursday I ate boiled pasta with chicken, a mini donut, a mini muffin, beef fried rice, chicken skewers and 3 chicken wings
Friday I ate a bacon double cheeseburger, a chicken & bacon wrap and some fries. Spent the day at Alton Towers, so got about 5 hours worth of walking in!
Saturday (today) I have had some leftover chicken skewers and rice, an aero biscuit thing, and a muller light. Tea is going to be home made turkey curry with rice and hopefully home made onion bhajis.
Sunday is going to be bran flakes, potato wedges with beans, then WW sausages, mash, peas, carrots, gravy and yorkshires.

And no, it hasn't been good food wise. But to be perfectly honest, it hasn't been an amazingly great week mentally either. And I am guilty of sometimes consoling myself with food. Lets be honest, it could have been a lot worse. A lot, lot, lot worse. But, excuses excuses.

Hey. Nah, it's ok. I think I'm getting there mentally with the whole Hugo thing, it's SW which has proper gone by the wayside. Gonna start afresh Monday, but still pretty much stick to it today, if that makes sense! Basically, mentally, Monday I will try and get my little noggin round it all again, and do some planning food wise. Expecting a gain Tuesday, perhaps a pound or two.

With regards Hugo, he is settling amazingly well, and is like a different dog. It has been suggested to me by several different people that the problem wasn't Hugo, it was me. I have been described as being 'unhinged', which I didn't appreciate. They then backtracked and said its more a case I have no control over my emotions. Which is kinda true. If I'm sad, I cry. If I'm angry, I shout. Ifr I'm annoyed, I looked pretty ticked off and get really sarcastic or stroppy. If I'm happy, I'm happy. I can't stop myself from crying when I'm sad, I can't stop myself feeling anxious or stressed. They pretty much control me. I don't think its ness a bad thing, but it obviously fed Hugo the wrong signals, so he felt he had to always protect me, bless his hairy cotton socks. It was also suggested I may be bipolar, but I think that was more of a fashion thing rather than I actually exhibited the symptoms. Yeah I have highs and lows, but they are rarely manic.

But yeah, Hugo is doing well, the cats are doing well, the house is slowly getting tidied and sorted out, then all that's left is to turn me into a pretty slender thing :)

Oh, food yesterday was chicken skewers and rice for lunch, turkey curry with boiled rice and home made bhajis for tea, and an aero biscuit as a snack, and a sneaky doughnut.

Last edited:
Well, here she is, ready to start again!

The doughnuts are in the bin, there is no sliced bread in the house, but I do need to pick up a few bits and bobs like fruit other than apples, and some cuts of meat suitable for curry/stew etc

26/9/11

Cooked chicken and trimmed bacon WM pitta with spring onion and small amount of cheese - HE & HE

Muller light
1.5 apples (the birds got some too)

Pasta pack

2x WW sausages - 1
Mashed potato
Carrots
Peas
Leeks (if I buy some)
Yorkshires - 3
Gravy - 3

If I get snacky, I have mug shots in, and aero biscuits which are 5 syns each.

Tea might turn into stew yet. I really enjoyed the stew I made the other week, and so did him indoors. Actually, I'll make that on Wednesday, as I'm working all day and I can leave it to sit all day :)

Last edited:
Congrats on getting back on the wagon... Good luck, but it sounds like your head is truly back on plan.
I need to get back into making stews and things in my slow cooker - it's so easy and my hubby loves them too... In fact he loves any sort of stodgy hot wintery dis!

My pride and joy fell off the wall this morning and smashed - my original Land Before Time film cell. Thankfully the cell isn't damaged, but the frame is in the bin now, and 20 minutes later all the glass was cleaned up.

Today, I intend on washing my car as it hasn't been cleaned since we went away in July, so 2,000+ miles later, it is in need of a clean! Then I'm gonna take a wander round Morrisons.

Checked on my tortoise last night, and his shell is all spongy :( so I need to get his UV bulb set up, then once that is done, get some extra calcium into his diet. OH has been saying for months that he is going to make me an enclosure for him, but it has yet to materialise :( Bit worried about him, but there is nothing I can do about it right this second. He isn't really really spongy, but I'm still worried. Infact, typing this is worrying me more, so now I shall stop, and later see if the pet shop has UV bulbs in, and see what wood dad has in the garage.

Yeah, my OH loves stodgy food too, must be a man thing! Saying that, I am partial to the odd bit of stodgy comfort food too!

Still no bub eh? Not long now though.

Hopefully my head is back in it. I know a gain tomorrow is gonna bum me out, but we shall see. Needless to say, I didn't buy the doughnuts, OH's nan did. Infact, pretty much any naughty things in the fridge and freezer are not my responsibility! We have nearly a whole shelf dedicated to Friji milkshakes and dairylea dunkers :sigh:

2lb on. It's no blummin surprise either which hurts! Due to my crappy week, I chose to eat crappy foods, and am now paying the crappy price. Must try and not give up. Must try and not give up. Must try and not give up! :eek: :sigh:

So.....I've put it in my signature so it must be real! Shoot......2lbs in one week. I can feel it in my stomach too, it feels bigger and its horrid. So this week I have to be kind to myself, wear things that don't make me feel fat, and don't beat myself up too much over it. It's done now, it tasted good, now to get on with things! I will punish myself a little bit though, no wine for me tonight. OH is cooking as usual, and is doing chicken kievs. :sigh: it could be worse, and I don't like to be forever moaning to him about food and diets etc. So today....

27/9/11

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Fritatta for lunch: eggs, trimmed bacon, leeks, spinach
Large salad (lettuce and gherkins)

Apple
Muller light

Chicken kiev - about 16.5 :cry:
SW wedges
Baked beans

and whilst out, I will remain firmly on the diet coke. :sigh:
- Well I tried! I told her diet coke only, but I ended up with one vodka and diet coke! 25ml so 3 extra syns I think :(

Last edited:
Urgh, not feeling so clever this morning. Got a poorly tummy, managed bran flakes and an apple so far, but at the minute not really wanting much more! Headed upstairs in a min to do some paperwork *groan*, then might head out and get the eggs for lunch. I'm just dreading the fat feeling this week. I know it was all my own doing, nobody force fed me, but the fat feeling is proper horrid! Should feel better by Friday though, once I have a few days on plan under my belt.

Just thinking if you're feeling that down about the gain, why don't you start from scratch again? It might revitalise you and mean you don't feel so down about the gain?

Neh, I'm fed up of restarting, so I just have to accept that I mucked up food wise, and try and get my head sorted. 1.5 syns over today, home made stew tomorrow, I WILL MAKE A HEALTHY CHOICE TAKEAWAY on Thursday, then Friday we might be spending a lot of time at home, so I have more control over it. Then back to me being in charge till next weigh in :) If I can behave for a week, then it will give me a massive boost mentally. This week I was all over the place every day, so it was pretty much no surprise, I even predicted it :D

3 days to go......

You'll be fine if you're consciously making the right choices. Try not to feel too bad about the gain - would be much worse if you didn't have a clue why you gained. And you definitely had an emotional week!

Yeah, this is what I was discussing with my friend yesterday. I know exactly why I gained, so its not as if I am baffled or disheartened by the plan. Just a shame I went over my syns yesterday

28/9/11

Well, yesterday was spent on the phone mainly, trying to sort out my utility people and my bankruptcy. Joys. Today I am basically having a panic regarding money. My wages have plummeted lately, but sadly nothing else has. So I shall be spending this morning looking for extra jobs. I hate job hunting. So food wise:

Bitesize shredded wheat - HE
Milk - HE

Apple

Savoury rice

LF Activia with raspberries and blueberries
Aero biscuit - 5

Home made beef stew (beef, oxo, carrots, parsnips, herbs, maybe spinach) served with dumplings (searching for a suitable recipe, but looking at about 125g flour (20 syns), 15g marg (about 4 syns) then milk on top (50ml))
26 syns total, made 8, so that's about 9.5 syns for my 3, him indoors can have 5.
* had to remake them, forgot the baking soda! They seem soggier now than earlier, but we shall see how they taste.
Will serve it with either mash or some kind of oven baked potato.

Last edited:
Well I certainly had my super free tomorrow I'd say, which makes a change.

Today we are looking at:

Bran flakes - HE
Milk - HE

Apple

Leftover stew
SW wedges
Baked beans

Takeaway will be:

Chicken chow mein - 8
or
Chicken kebab with salad - 6
or