Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning all, it's been a busy week and haven't had a chance to log on. Notice handed in at work and all is good with that. And I've officially taken two weeks off end of May.
I can't believe I'm still coughing, not bad enough to be out sick with it but enough to be annoying and getting sore from coughing.
My hip has gone again so called my consultant about it,he can't see me until June. So walking is difficult again, I can get around at work but that's about it. So annoying as I was beginning to get back in the habit of daily walks especially as the days are getting longer.
Food wise I've been all over the place and am fully expecting a big increase. That's because I didn't properly shop or meal prep last weekend and was just grabbing any food or buying something at lunchtime. I even had McDonald's yesterday.
Plan for today is laundry and ironing,make some soup... probably chicken noodle soup using konjoc noodles. Then I need to clean my office space,I have a HUGE college project to do and submit,I have the research done but need to sit down for about 2 days together and get stuck into it. I also have a quiz to do for college and then I'm finished🙏
Always a glutton for punishment I have two job applications to do as well. Yes,I know I am just in a new job and am just moving but these two are still within the same organisation, one is a promotion and one is a sideways move but to a completely new department working in exactly the area I am studying in,only problem is it is based in Dublin. I'm going to apply anyway as eventually it will be rolled out throughout the country and I would like to experience the application process and there maybe an opportunity for remote working.
So first things first is to pop onto the scale and see what damage I have done this week by not being focussed, then get dressed and have a mug of peppermint tea.
Chat later😊

Ok, im exactly 1kg heavier than my stats are showing. Going to leave stats as they are and thats my goal for this week, to drop that gain and would really like to be at 74kg for beginning June. Its a weight were i visibly look smaller and am.a comfortable size 12 on bottom. Top has never really gone below a 16 as big boobed

Thanks @Halley .

All the bother I went to with my ticker and now for some reason the link isn't working to update it. I want to see her swim to the beach 🏖️.
Morning all, I'm so happy it's Saturday but I have a lot to do, two college projects and it's darling husband's birthday, 5 of us are going out for dinner this evening. I might eat a small lunch and then enjoy the meal this evening.

600g down over the week, I was on track for a full kilo but then popped some weight back on again. 600g is still great...about 1.5lbs almost. Darling husband texted me yesterday to say he has lost 1.5kg over the past 10 days so he is very happy.
I've been monitoring my blood sugars and they are pretty stable between 5 and 6 each day and more importantly don't spike after eating. And I've reached ketosis twice this week. Obviously the aim is to reach this daily but haven't quite managed it.
Well done to you

Morning, well I have food prep done for the weight. I will have to be so strict with my diet as I can't exercise at all. My fat actually looks worse now as it's hanging from me and jiggling.
I'm sooooooooo busy this week, 2 jobs applications to complete, a college exam and then a HUGE college project. I'm actually going to take a day off this week to do the exam and two applications and then get the bulk of the project done this weekend. It's the May Bank Holiday so a long weekend.
Chat later

Morning, lost a bit of my gain but only half of it so far. I was pretty strict yesterday and need to be today too. I'm off work today so that could make it easier. Food prep done from Sunday so don't have to think about what to eat.
Busy day ahead though going to start with some peppermint tea and then do my exam, chat later.

Me again, exam done, CV done. Still have cover letter to do and full job application which I am putting off. Haven't eaten yet

Oooo you've been busy posting - we love to see them :)

Job application done and posted. Still have to do cover letter for other job, might stay back after work for an hour to do it. Then I have a HUGE college project to do this weekend and next weekend and then I'm finished.
Food ok ish, having food prep done at weekend is helping. I had the last of my chicken noodle soup for dinner last night along with a two egg omelette. I met a friend for lunch and I had buttermilk chicken breast,no bun, salad and coleslaw and about 6 chips...see not perfect but Ok ish.
I've finally been given some proper tasks at work. It was only ever a temporary job so now I'm doing a lot of rewriting or editing spreadsheets, word docs and presentations...which I like. I'm adding formulae and dynamic graphs to lots of things and it's keeping me busy. But will probably be gone to new position in three or four weeks. I've new permanent position secured and then have two weeks off.
Yep it seems like I'm job hopping but it's all sideways or upward moves within the same organisation, and so are the two positions I've just applied for and waiting to hear back from another already applied for.
Plan for today, get up soon and find something comfortable to wear, I'm staying in flat shoe!s for now and also want to do some shopping today. So maybe jeans, runners and then a more dressy top. Lunch is a sausage stew and green beans. Then for dinner tonight I have chicken Kiev and homemade coleslaw. That will be exactly all their food prepared gone.
Ive the three little kids for a few hours tomorrow and hoping to bring them to the playground or indoor playcentre if it's raining. Prefer that to keeping them in the house where they love playing but it takes so long to clean up after them. I need my house to stay in the study zone for me.
Chat later, I'm off to hop on the scale and don't believe I've lost my gain yet

Cover letter done. Still haven't started project yet but will in a few minutes. Had the little kids yesterday but did manage to get all other random stuff done.
Will go shopping later and think the soup of the week will be a type of keto minestrone with green beans,cabbage and some konjac rice. I will buy chicken wings to make stock. Am also going to cook meatballs in a leek and cream garlicky sauce and that will do a few days meals too.
Chat later

Soup made and I've made meatballs in a creamy leek and garlic soup. Some salad greens and a random egg meal will do me for the week. Weight up again, I struggled with my project yesterday and had a few tea and chocolate breaks so need to be more focussed today. I think I will just have the soup as and when through the day.
I've going through all my vac packed summer clothes and gave them all a quick wash over the weekend. Lots now fit, in fact only 5 items went back into the bag and they are at least nine years old. Now all I need is somewhere to wear them.
Chat later

Morning all, just had unofficial weigh in and im up again. Im up and down and up all week, driving me mad. I think some of it is to do with getting my college project done, and all the other IT stuff. Ive been sitting non stop at the laptop and also stressing. Project still not finished, due in next Monday but i can only do it at weekends.
Anyway, guess what, i went swimming yesterday evening. At about 5pm i couldn't face sitting any longer I got up and went to the pool. Renewed my membership for 6 months s (i get a student rate) and went swimming. Not sure now if it was a good idea
Swam 12 lenghts but could feel shoulder hurt doing breast stroke. So then did aquajogging with flotation belt and dumbells but that pulled my hip completely. Its so frustrating, i need to lose weight to reduce the pressure on my hip but any exercise i do causes pain 😢
Im just going around in circles. I cant get hip done until mid to end June and its at the stage now where i need a crutch. But when i do that is causes problems for the other hip.

AAAARRRRRGGGH

Morning all, just had unofficial weigh in and im up again. Im up and down and up all week, driving me mad. I think some of it is to do with getting my college project done, and all the other IT stuff. Ive been sitting non stop at the laptop and also stressing. Project still not finished, due in next Monday but i can only do it at weekends.
Anyway, guess what, i went swimming yesterday evening. At about 5pm i couldn't face sitting any longer I got up and went to the pool. Renewed my membership for 6 months s (i get a student rate) and went swimming. Not sure now if it was a good idea
Swam 12 lenghts but could feel shoulder hurt doing breast stroke. So then did aquajogging with flotation belt and dumbells but that pulled my hip completely. Its so frustrating, i need to lose weight to reduce the pressure on my hip but any exercise i do causes pain 😢
Im just going around in circles. I cant get hip done until mid to end June and its at the stage now where i need a crutch. But when i do that is causes problems for the other hip.

AAAARRRRRGGGH
Morning, this must be so frustrating :-(

Glad you you made an attempt; at least you know what your body can handle currently.

Not too bad today food wise but got no walking or swimming done. Was busy at work so got no project done at all. Went to the health food shop and got milk thistle and dandelion root, I need to see if I can reduce the swelling in my ankles. Had a dental appointment for Monday but cancelled it I simply can't afford it and also may have to stay at home and finish my project ( dentist is near work). I'm hopeful for scale tomorrow cos I think I did well today and drank lots of water,fingers crossed,chat tomorrow

Hi @Zafira great to see you back again, I will catch up on your diary in two shakes.
No change yesterday but had a whoosh overnight and back to pre Easter and wedding weight. So my stats are now right again.
Ate lunch out yesterday in a local Italian restaurant and stayed on track, had meatballs, salad and coleslaw. Then came home late as I had to collect something in the city and just wasn't hungry so just had a yogurt pot ( I add acidophilus to it and wanted my daily ration) but also had a big glass of wine.
Had a bit of an adventure at work trying to help a colleague locate a missing phone in a large factory and office complex and as a result got none of my project done. Fingers crossed for a quiet day today. ( We got the phone, I'm quite the detective).
Lunch today is the last of the chicken veg and konjac noodle soup. No idea what I want for dinner, something tapas like but what I don't know.
Hopefully will get for a swim tomorrow and Sunday. Project due in on Monday and then I'm finished college...again😅.... until I find something else😂
Chat later

I'm studying E health and Digital Communities. Lectures finished and project due 6pm Monday. I'm thinking then next step is Data Analytics or Health Informatics or Health Management or Masters in E health. But then I get realistic and remember I am 55 and not looking for a new carer or stressful job.😂
Wine cheese and crackers was dinner last night. Awake now and going to have tea and then sit down to my project. Put some washing on too, weather seems good out.
Chat later

It's soooooo bloody complicated and still not done. Ive finished all the bits of the project I know how to do and am almost crying at the rest. I reckon I still have a third of it left to do. Going to get up soon and be started before 0730.
Made soup yesterday, a sort of coconuty green curry thing and had it at 1030 with crackers and then again at 2100 with crackers and cheese.
Went swimming at 1900, did 16 lengths swimming and four lengths walking but with resistance dumbbells to exercise my arms. Losing weight is great but my upper arms are so flabby now and around my bra line. And I'm so conscious now that I have turkey neck.
Plan for today is get stuck into project with rest breaks where I will cook. Soup for the week with be creamy courgette and coconut...I made the stock last night with chicken thighs. They will be converted to pulled chicken to have in lettuce wraps. Going to make a tomato and cucumber salsa and along with yougurt pots that's my lunches sorted.
Chat later 👩‍🍳

Morning, well I got up at 6am yesterday and got project completed and submitted. As of 6pm last night I am no longer a student and can have my life back. Or so I thought, the job I applied for with CV and cover letter has come back and I've been shortlisted which sounds great but the next stage is a 3 hour IT assessment which I have to do this week and it sounds terrible. Being realistic I don't want the job as it would mean relocating which I'm not going to do but I did say I wanted to experience the process as at some stage the same position will become available where I live. Why do I do these things to myself.
Yesterday's food was good, soup. pulled chicken and kale for lunch and fish fingers and cauliflower for dinner followed by two squares of dark chocolate. But weight is up this morning. I've lost my Easter gain but don't seem to be losing any more. I really wanted another 3kg down by the end of May as it's a weight when you can see the physical change in me and I drop a proper size.
My sleep isn't great and my digestion a bit funny so ned to see what I can do with them.
I'm awake early so going to go swimming, I keep leaving work each evening with a plan to swim but get so tired coming home that I don't.
Chat later

Back