Tipperary wobbles into 2024

The hula hoop arrived and I've given it a go. There is a bit of a knack to it and once you get it can keep going but it can take a few attempts to do it. It does feel like a bit of a workout and I was sweating after a 10 minute session. Will wait and see if it helps

Hi tipp,
Good to see you back posting.
I've just come back from a few days in London. It was hot and lots of walking. Went to Kew Gardens. Not as good as I thought it would be.
I did have a weighted hula hoop but it gave me bruises around the middle. I'm sure you will get the hang of it soon.
I've changed my day around re:food. I have found I am better suited to having breakfast, cooked lunch then a couple slice of toast around 5pm.

Hi all....I'm back....again. Lots of changes here and just haven't had time to post.

So I did go to London with my daughter. We were there the weekend of the extreme heat, over 40 degrees in any city is not comfortable. Did get to Covent Garden and got to the Gudrun's Joden shop which was one of the main reasons for the visit. Big sale on and I got three outfits.
Since then I have also been on a trip with husband. Hip got better but then I tore a calf muscle so we had to rent a car to get around, even to get to the beach.
More changes and disruption at work, new manager in, new manager out. I applied for 2 internal promotions and didn't get them and I'm really fed up in the role I'm in. I'm the lowest grade but have to pick up the work of those above me when not there...or train them when they are new...but they won't give me the job as on paper I'm not good enough. Anyway, I'm sick of it...so...I've gone back to college. Just part time but getting a new qualification in an upcoming area of health admin so giving me lots of options when I finish.

Anyway, that's a quick catch up but what's happening with my weight.
Well I was getting nowhere at all, just kidding myself that I was making an effort and bouncing the same 500g up and down. While I was on holidays I did a very short intro course on metabolic health with Patricia Daly and Dr Wafaa. Patricia is a nutritionist living here in Ireland, co author of the great book The Ketogenic Kitchen. She talks a lot about metabolic disease and recovery and prevention. So that has spurred me on.
I bought a glucose and keto monitor and have been monitoring my glucose over each day. I haven't started measuring ketones yet. The numbers are interesting, my glucose is high in the morning, higher again after swimming and drop steadily through the day. The meals I am having are not causing them to go up which is the plan.

So I'm following a keto diet and eating only twice a day, lunch and dinner. I'm back swimming and go each weekday, either before work or at lunchtime. Do between 12 and 20 lengths, that's all time allows for and I feel refreshed and ready for work after that. Food is good and nutritious and I'm not hungry, my appetite has certainly shrank. More focus needed to stay away from wine but I'm working on that.
Having the glucose readings is good focus. I had to go to my GP for my yearly regular blood tests last week and I just know he is going to mention it but at least now I have a pattern to show him and that it's exercise causing the spike not food.

Anyway, that's a very quick run down. I will be back later with the facts and figures but in 3 weeks I am down 3 kgs so very happy with that. People at work have noticed but to be honest I think it's just some puffiness gone from my face...but glad a change can be seen.

Off to catch up and will be back later.

Hi all, well I went missing again and am back. I've posted in introductions so rather that repeat myself I'm just going to copy it here.

Morning all, I'm Tipperary and have been here for many years but been absent for about a year now, maybe even longer. I have been popping in and out but not been committed to the process really. Well that has changed and I'm turning things around.
Approach is keto and am following the guidelines of a nutritionist, not personal to me but her general approach and guidelines. I have done some of her short online courses and have the skills and knowledge to try and do this. And my husband is joining me😂. He had a light bulb moment a few weeks ago and decided we both need to tackle our weight and health. I showed him one of the short presentations and that was it, he was sold. Of course now he has gone and done all the research and is a self declared expert in keto and keeps mansplaning it to me. If it gets him doing it I don't care.
So as well as my diet I am tackling my whole approach to life, I'm am reading Dr Tara Swarts book The Source and am manifesting a new me. I have created a vision board, I have actually done it as a PowerPoint presentation, and look at it first thing in the morning and last thing at night. It really triggers your approach to things each day and I actively look for opportunities for personal development and improvement.
I've changed jobs, this was part of my improvement plan😃, I got a promotion and will actually change again in about 2 months to a promoted and permanent position. The change has done me good,I was getting dragged down where I was. I'm dressing differently and am more groomed and better presented. I like myself more.😊
I have a blood and ketone monitor and can check each day if I reach ketosis, with the new job I am still playing with best eating windows to fit in with work schedule. But definitely my blood glucose levels are hugely improved on where they were, I was definitely heading for type two diabetes.
At 55 menopause finally found me and I have spent 12 weeks dripping wet with sweat 💦😅. So am tackling that too, am taking a course of vitamins and supplements. And I have seem some improvement so will see how that goes. I've signed up to attend a menopause cafe talk with very prominent doctor soon and hope for some guidance there.
I bought a lovely journal with lots of space for daily, weekly and monthly entries and it's great for keeping me accountable.
I food prep each Sunday for the week, my first and main meal of the day is between 12 and 2 depending on where I am, the later the better for me but that doesn't fit with my work schedule. I have a small meal in the evening after work, last night it was just some cheese and ham. This gives me good intermittent fasting, usually over 18 hours each day and more at the weekend when I probably only eat one meal a day.
I had a problem with my shoulder and was in pain and couldn't go swimming (those of you who know me know I love swimming). So went to a physio who couldn't sort it, got him to refer me for an MRI and voila, discovered the problem, found a consultant, had minor surgery last week and am now pain free. I am to test it in the pool this weekend.
At the beginning of the year I was 84.6kg, mid Feb when I started in earnest I was 83.5kg and today 4 weeks in I am 79kg. And I can feel the change, this week my BMI dropped below 35😁
A long way to go but I feel focussed and positive.
I've updated my stats and my ticker should reactivate overnight. You can find me in the WeMitts section and will link my diary here. Please chat and encourage 🙏, support is so vital for us all.
I'm off out now for a walk with the dog and will brows through your diaries when I get back.

Happy St Patrick's Day all💚☘️🇨🇮

Welcome back @tipperary - your new plans all sound great and absolutely well done on getting your BMI under 35 🎉👏🎉.

I look forward to your updates x

I thought my ticker would update overnight, it hasn't.

Brought the dog for a short walk yesterday morning, she is so happy to get out. Its the bank holiday weekend here and I have 2 college projects to do so got one done yesterday. Need to be more focussed today and get the second one done, I've to design and make an app. I'm going to make one that you enter your glucose and ketone readings into and it determines if you are in ketosis. Yes. I know there are loads out there already but I just need to show I can do it. The idea is that I am the healthcare professional using technology to remotely monitor my patents, so the app is feeding this info back to me.
Ate at 1200, egg, ham, sausage, pudding, tomato, soup. And then at about 1600 had cheese and pistachio nuts. I did have wine yesterday, 4 squares of dark chocolate and 2L water.
Plan for today is a walk when I get up, get my ironing done and some food prep. I want to make soup and get my yogurts potted. I buy a big tub of Greek yogurt each week. I put some blueberries in a pot, chia seeds, add cinnamon and acidophilus to the yogurt and add this and top with some nuts. I get 4 portions from one tub.
Then I need to settle down and do my project, chat later

Hi all,I've started a new challenge, see here and join me

Eat 20 plant based foods weekly
I thought I did well with this but realised I tend to eat the same veg all the time. It encourages me to eat a wider variety of veg but also nuts and seeds

Ticker sorted, and it has visually reminded me that I have lost 5.6kg this year. My head was telling me 3kg😅

Once again I am floating towards a beach. I have 4 weeks off in September and hope to get away. But I also will have two weeks off end of May beginning June and would love to do something, only problem is lack of money

Thanks Halley,where can I find your posts
I’m not a massive poster @tipperary - I’m more a reactionary poster, my diary is https://www.minimins.com/threads/halley-my-journey.367782/ but to be honest I never have much new stuff to write. I just go around in circles loosing a bit then gaining it again hoping that someday I’ll get my head in the right place for a sustained loss.

My dream is to have a BMI of 30 and this year I have a family gathering that I really want to look great for. Speaking of which, I’m from Kilkenny but living in Wicklow now, I presume you’re from Tipperary so not too far away!

Oooo @Halley it's so long since I've been to Wicklow,I love the mountains there. I'm from Dublin and we would always go to Wicklow for days out. Yes, I'm in Tipperary😅

25 March 2017, that's when I first posted here on Minimins. That's 6 whole years, I was 49 and panicking about reaching 50 overweight and unhealthy. I posted that my BMI was 35.6 and I wanted to get to 70kg for Autumn. Well guess what, 6 years later I have lost 2kg 😂. Mad isn't it. A week to go to get to my anniversary, let's see what numbers I can come up with for that

Plan for today, go for a walk with the dog then cook for the week.
Yogurt pots done and I've made courgette and coconut soup with homemade chicken stock.
Going to cook mince, quite dry really and can eat in lettuce "wraps"
I roasted a chicken yesterday so will shred some of that and stir fry veg and konjac noodles.
Going to roast some cauliflower and sprinkle with almonds and going to make guacamole 🥑
Have salads greens and cheeses in the fridge, that should give me a nice selection for the week. Chat later

Morning all, well sort of morning. It's 2am and I'm awake. Cooked for the week and ate early for me at about 11am. Courgette and coconut soup and the mince in lettuce wrap. Had a yogurt pot after that. Then went out later with husband and ate out. I consciously decided to go off keto and have chips. I had battered hake and chips and was very full after it but didn't eat it all. Will be curious to see how both the scales and my glucose readings will be.

Hi all, finished work early because im now sitting outside the dentist waiting to have 2 fillings done😢. Didnt eat proper lu ch because i didnt want to be too full goung into dentist, i had soup and yogurt. My mince, cheese and lettuce are still in my lunchbox. No idea what time I will be able to eat at as my mouth will be numb.

Hi all, recovered from the dentist. Two more fillings done and €250 paid😪. I'm broke by going to him. I needed lots of work done , all just fillings nothing cosmetic and was trying to go every week but had to stagger it more for two reasons, one I can't afford to go and two it was using up all my annual leave. Another appointment next week and then a break until May.

Im so tired, i didnt sleep great last night, head was buzzing. Not with thoughts but actual buzzing or vibrating.. Eating lunch in the canteen and going to go out to my car for a rest away from the office

Morning, well figured out what was wrong,I have a cold. Dripping nose, scratchy throat and sore ears. My buzzing was me being attacked by bacteria, I should know it by know...I feel it before it happens.
Anyway, weigh in tomorrow and I'm on track for this week, fingers crossed I don't blow it today. Meals already made but feeling miserable I might look for toast tonight and that would blow at least two days work.
I haven't been out for a walk this week, the weather has been too miserable in the morning and I have had college work in the evening. My body clock is still adjusting to the new job and travel, I'm very tired in the evening when I come home and overwhelmed with the noise of the day.

O no @tipperary - I’m sorry you’re unwell. Hopefully it won’t be a bad one and you’ll be over it in no time.

Best of luck with your weigh in this morning 🤞

Back