Tips against lapses

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by gobubbles, 13 March 2008 Social URL.

1. gobubbles

gobubbles Live the dream...

Diet:
    LighterLife
    In your experience what's the best trick or technique to resist temptation. What works for you and stops you from lapsing?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PositiveBetty

PositiveBetty Full Member

I just keep reminding myself how miserable I feel when I go shopping with friends and I can't get anything to fit, or when I go on holiday how awful I look in a bikini and how much it hurts when my legs rub together at the top. But mainly I think the sooner I lose the weight the sooner I can get back to a normal life and eat (more carefully). I want my social life back as soon as possible :)

rachelh likes this.
  4. Corey

Corey longs to be average!

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    What keeps me from lapsing is imagining the look on my Mums face when I see her at my neices wedding in June - She lives in Spain now, so I don't see her very often - last time I saw her was Christmas when I was a hefty lad, and aim to be super skinny for the wedding.

Also, the thought of going into any shop and buying anything I want without being limited. That'll be sweet!

5. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Knowing that I will reach goal without a doubt if I stay on the plan is what keeps me from lapsing. I haven't yet, and made myself a promise I won't. It's not so much will power - just a state of mind. I kow I will eat again, so why bother now is how I look at it. Lapsing for me is just not an option. Once I put mye hea to something, I can do it, and that is how I have approached this. I have the knowledge it is temporary - so that makes it easier. I just want to see it through and never have to deal with it again. Knowing that this is the last diet I will be on keeps the fire burning strong. :)

rachelh likes this.
  6. gobubbles

gobubbles Live the dream...

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Very inspiring! Thanks! :happy096:

7. gazz

gazz Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Mine is the fact that I'm now in a 36 jean size as apposed to a tight 42, and the on-going complements I get from people, some don't realize it's weight but even a "your looking well" spurns me onwards to my huge goal of being smaller than I was when I was 12 years old!!

8. mikey

mikey Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    For me it is similar to BL (and the others) It is about having goals that I know I can reach. I never forget the big goal, but have smaller goals too - each stone lost for example.

Success breeds success so thinking positively is key!

9. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm with Mike in the smaller goals - they really do inspire me. I've got a few per stone and I love them - means that I am very often hitting something or almost hitting something, gives me a great boost.

Also it's my 20th wedding anniversary in July and my 40th birthday in November and I just don't want to stand out in any photos just cos I'm the largest one there --- happy to just be one in the crowd or stand out because I'm the focus of the shot.

10. mikey

mikey Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Blimey - you married young - A great acioevement in this day and age to make it together that long!

11. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    LOL cheers Mike - yes I did ;) child bride ;) , glad that I did though and that we stayed together --- just as we were getting married a friend of mine split from her hubby and they'd been married less than a year - I remember thinking 'please don't let that happen to me and Ste' - luckily God was listening that day ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.