Tips for slimming world in Spain

I lost almost 8 stones doing Slimming World in Southport, UK. I moved to Spain in 2011 and the weight has been creeping back on. *Not all of it, but more than half! :oops: Why aren't there any Slimming World groups out here yet? They'd make a bomb! I think there's only one SW group in Marbella where Margaret is. What about the rest of Spain? :( I feel so lonely. I need my group therapy. Don't you guys feel the same?

I find it hard to loose weight when in Spain .. I live on Costa del sol for 6 months of the year .. Have trouble finding lean meats etc and eating out is a nightmare
Hi, I moved to the Costa del Sol in January and am also about to start following slimming world. I did it back in the UK but would be grateful for any helps and tips re recipes & syn values.

Wow.... so I'm not the only one! Maybe I should email Margaret again and ask her to reconsider opening Slimming World Spain.

Hi,
I¨m in the Costa del Sol too. Been here " forever"
Once, Many moons ago I too got in touch with SW and asked about working with them. I was very enthusiastic back then. Can´t remember the reasons but it was a definite No SW in Spain.

I think the best places to shop are the fresh food markets but there is an English store in Fuengirola where you can buy lots of products. Icelands. No doubt some of you may know it

There is also a lady who leads an English slimming group around this area and has been doing so for quite a while.

I have a home in Spain, and was wondering if any SW'ers shop in Mercadona? I need keep on plan when I'm there too. Just wondering which of the yoghurts are syn free. Any other tips welcome. Is the SW food search on the app limited to UK shops? I can't seem to see anything other than British shops on there.

I have a home in Spain, and was wondering if any SW'ers shop in Mercadona? I need keep on plan when I'm there too. Just wondering which of the yoghurts are syn free. Any other tips welcome. Is the SW food search on the app limited to UK shops? I can't seem to see anything other than British shops on there.
Yes they don't operate here in Spain

Mercadona. All yogurts 0% are totally free. The pastry delight yogurt 0 % 2 syns. Mercadona is great x SW

Last edited:
Back