Tips that you come across on your way!!!!

Deezer

Gold Member
Whatever programme you choose for your maintenance... i thought if we could make a list of any top tips... then it would help everyone!!!

So here goes!!!!

Low fat yogs have generally got more carbs in than the regular version.

The GI of carrots goes from 30 to 85 When you cook them!!!!!!

Beetroot has quite a high GI (Lol!!!)

High heels reduce your BMI... as they increase you height!!! ; )

(Gok said it so it must be true!!!!!) Lol...

LOL!!! I best go buy some Dee
x x x

Whatever programme you choose for your maintenance... i thought if we could make a list of any top tips... then it would help everyone!!!

So here goes!!!!

I'm a lipotrim newbie but I've done Atkins loads of times and all low fat dairy products have more carbs cos they replace the fat with sugar and sweeteners :-(

You can make fab low carb chocolate pudding with a teaspoon of bournville drinking choc powder, double cream and a bit of sweetener

Low carb sweets have a laxative effect and give you the runs - the ones that don't knock you out of ketosis

Caffeine can mess up low carb although not for everyone, stuck to decaff if you can

So here goes!!!!

Great idea Dee!

Ah yes BEETROOT, your nemesis lol :D

xx

BUT beetroot is SOOOOO good for you in many other ways though lol XX

There are a lot of Dukan recipes that are low carb as well. you can find them on the minimins Dukan site. Dukan replace white sugar with sweetener so your sugar level will stay the same and won't give you the munchies. X

There are a lot of Dukan recipes that are low carb as well. you can find them on the minimins Dukan site. Dukan replace white sugar with sweetener so your sugar level will stay the same and won't give you the munchies. X
Oooh wow thanks... i will check them out!! x

I'm a lipotrim newbie but I've done Atkins loads of times and all low fat dairy products have more carbs cos they replace the fat with sugar and sweeteners :-(

You can make fab low carb chocolate pudding with a teaspoon of bournville drinking choc powder, double cream and a bit of sweetener

Low carb sweets have a laxative effect and give you the runs - the ones that don't knock you out of ketosis

Caffeine can mess up low carb although not for everyone, stuck to decaff if you can
Oooh these are great.... do you know why the coffee is not good.... I love my coffee.... i may cut it out at some point in the future.... May be a while though ; ) x

Something to so with caffeine messing with blood sugar levels I think but decaf is fine

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

do you know why the coffee is not good.... x

Montignac explains the coffee thing Dee. It's a bugger because I love my coffee too but Susie's right. The caffiene overstimulates your pancreas so it produces more insulin than needed, just like when you eat a high GI food. Decaf is fine or, amazingly espresso! Like I said with Montignac you need to relearn a lot of what you thought about food!

On the plus side.....I love the fact that 70% cocoa solids chocolate has a low GI :D

xx

My top tip for maintaining is to stick around here on Minis ..... No matter how 'bad' you might be, whatever happens the support you'll get on here will get you through and back onto the straight and narrow far more quickly than trying to go it alone.
I speak as someone into their 3rd year of maintenance and actually struggling at the moment .... but if I wasn't on here who knows where I'd be and how I'd be doing!!

We CAN do this!!! xxx :D xxx

Montignac explains the coffee thing Dee. It's a bugger because I love my coffee too but Susie's right. The caffiene overstimulates your pancreas so it produces more insulin than needed, just like when you eat a high GI food. Decaf is fine or, amazingly espresso! Like I said with Montignac you need to relearn a lot of what you thought about food!

On the plus side.....I love the fact that 70% cocoa solids chocolate has a low GI :D

xx
Lol.... know what you mean.... I have been wanting (But not wanting! ) to give up coffee for a while!!!

Will crack on with the book today as i am to start the method Saturday when i get back from Glasgow!!! x

Back