Stand in products available on the high street

Sammy_D

So, I often find myself in a situation where I'm unexpectedly away from home and I need to grab something to tide me over without coming off plan.

I thought maybe we could put together a list of products available on the high street that you can use instead of a pack that would keep you on track. These are my go to options at the moment:

Prêt a manger egg and spinach protein pot - 2 hard boiled eggs and a pinch of spinach, perfectly on plan

Atkins Endulge coconut bar - 155kcal and 12.2g of carbs make if roughly the same as a S&S bar, but not as filling. Available from boots and supermarkets so always easy to find.

Itsu tuna no lettuce salad - 169kcal and 9.1g of carbs (don't have the dressing, use the low sodium soy sauce instead). It has carrot and beetroot in it which strictly speaking aren't allowed, but they're only tiny amounts. Good if I'm having lunch with colleagues and I don't want them to know I'm dieting.

Lighter life 5:2 products - slightly higher in calories than most S&S products, but you can fit them in if you choose your other packs carefully for the rest of the day. Only stocked in Superdrug. Personally I'm not keen on the flavour of the ones I tried.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Great idea for a thread!!

Atkins indulge bars are great when stuck I find and the Advantage bars are okay but slightly higher calories (personally these set me on binge mode though!)

Nupo bars which I think are only available in Ireland and they're EUR3 so a bit steep but really handy when stuck!

Babybel light, you can have 2 as your protein and 2 as your milk allowance so very handy, quick snack to grab!

That's all I can think of at the moment!

Just discovered a new one - Quorn cocktail sausages. 4 of them is 131 calls and 8.1g of carbs. The hard part is only eating 4 when they come in a pack of 12!

Back