Tips to keep you going?

Demaris

Silver Member
Here are a few am doing to stop myself from slipping.

1. Internet shopping!
I do all my food shopping online now and get it delivered. No smell of nice bread and no temptation.

2. Make mini goals.
My first is to lose weight for my birthday in march. The second is to surprise my family down in Cornwall when I see them at easter and be at leat 3 stone lighter!

3. Tell the people around you what you are doing.

4. Re-education.
I am trying to learn as much as i can about healthy eating the effects of food on the body, its keeping me informed for when refeeding begins.

5. Post on here regulary! (or read posts)

6. Buy a small item of clothing in the size you want to be.

7. Set times for your shakes and keep yourself busy until then.

8. Take a proper picture of yourself!
For years I have only allowed headshots of me to be made public (lol) but I got my daughter to take a proper full body one of me, and yes I was gutted lol

9. Remind yourself regulary that if you eat anything, you will be kicked out of ketosis and have to go through those first few days all over again.

10. Look at the bigger picture.
Whilst I'm excited/nervous about my first weigh in, i'm also conscious that this diet will help me have a better relationship with food overall.

11. Love yourself! (the hardest one I know)

Whats tips do you have...it would be great to find some new ones :)

I agree with all of this but I'd def put no.11 at no.1! And my extra tip to add would be, if you're finding it hard to love yourself at this time -start pretending that you do!!

Buy smelly lotions, and bubble bath stuffs and make up and hair stuffs -all that footery girly nonsense that seems perfectly fine for the skinnies but that we 'real women' often bypass because we don't feel we're worth it. Honestly, the amount of times I have said of myself 'you can't polish a turd' is sinful.

But I have started doing all that nonsense and it's incredible how spending a little time and effort on yourself really lifts your spirits and confidence.

AND... It keeps your hands busy and out of the fridge :D :D :D

You're so right there about the girly stuff Black Rose. I need to restock my bath stuff to make it a tempting alternative when things are tough.
Demaris thanks for the tips. I will consult them later when seems the only one I've got is "stay at work til 10 then don't enter the kitchen.."

Back