Tips to kill the cravings?

Claireabella86

Been craving like mad today! Find that having a wee slice of beetroot tides me over.

Anyone any other ideas what nibbles to have if you think your going to cave?

Water, lots of it & distractions...

Go for a walk, paint your nails, wash up, do anything...

I'd suggest not nibbling at anything or it will become a habit & a but of something turns into a lot of something.

The habit of food is hard to break, like giving up smoking, it takes time & willpower.

Are you actually hungry?? Or just craving???

Just craving. Been the worst today since I started and thats me coming up to two weeks.

Just re filled my water bottle there. And if I need to I'll just chew on the lid as a distraction! =P

Do you think a cheeky slice of beetroot will make much of a difference to my weight loss or ketosis?

I suspected it was cravings rather than hunger.

No I don't think it will effect your loss or kick you out of ketosis.

But like any long term habit breaking it is hard, it's like a smoker just having a crafty puff, then just having one a day, then two & so on...,,

If it works for you, that's great :) just be careful :)

Thanks. If Im being honest quitting the stinky fags was easier than this! =P But the results from this will be bloody worth it! =P

:) good for you!!!

Maybe a spray of no sugar breath spray would distract your pallet???

X

Yeah they must :)

I wouldn't suggest ANY nibbles at all, purely just distractions..
drink water, funny enough the more water you drink, the less cravings you have.
I'm on week 15 and i can honestly say i can't remember the last time i had a real craving for something, i'm drinking 3 litres of water a day.
To keep myself distracted i watch things like supersize vs superskinny on the 4od website, i go onto my favourite clothes shop websites, especially River Island & Boohoo.com!

If i'm after food I use a breath freshener (the spray) and it always kills the cravings. I never feel like eating anything when I have a minty fresh mouth! lol. I bought mine in Wilkinsons and cost about 80p, bargain!

I'll need to have a wee look for it.

And Im spending time looking online at clothes Im going to buy when Im skinny! Thinking myself thin! =)

At least your craving fruit and not Maccy Ds or Burger King! =P But its still crap having the craving feeling. I hate it! I find myself thinking about it constantly and regardless of whats going on I bring it back to food!

Claireabella86 said:
At least your craving fruit and not Maccy Ds or Burger King! =P But its still crap having the craving feeling. I hate it! I find myself thinking about it constantly and regardless of whats going on I bring it back to food!

Me too!! I keep dreaming of fatty food and wine! I know I'm not going to cheat, I refuse too but cnt help thinking of food lol!

Back