Tips?

MommaB

Hi, I'm new here. My son will be one after Christmas and I am now ready to take the leap and lose my baby blubber.

I was size 8 before I fell pregnant, although didn't look too healthy due to very obvious ribs. I'm currently size 16/18 and my target is size 12.

I've just purchased an exercise bike and I feel this diet would suit me perfectly.

What I'd like to know is what should my first target be? And what tips do you all have?

I don't know how much you want to lose but I'm guessing around 3 stone? The first target on a VLCD should be to get through the first week as if you can manage that and get into ketosis it's a whole lot easier after that. You'll probably lose quite a few pounds the first week too that will spur you on. It's the easiest diet you will ever do in some ways and the hardest in others as it's so restrictive. Very effective though and FAST so you don't get demotivated. Best tip is to try to low carb before starting as that makes carb withdrawal easier and to really really want to lose the weight as that's all important. And come and use the forum as a sounding board. You'll get lots of support. Good luck!

Hi there,

Welcome to the CC board! You'll find lovely people here, very supportive!

I would definitely sign up to My Fitness Pal. They have an online website, or if you have an iPhone they have an app you can download (so helpful!). This will work out your daily calorie allowance for you depending on how much you want to lose, as well as you being able to track your calories, fitness and weight loss. It's amazing! There's a thread on here with a list of user names of people on there - add yourself to it and add others from here!

Other than that, I would say the things I stick to are:
Try not to weigh yourself more than once a week.
Don't deny yourself any 'treats' or you'll end up thinking about them constantly!
Don't give up if you have a bad day. Just get back on track the day after.

I hope that helps. Good luck with your weight loss!

Luvz,
D* xXx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

In case anyone thinks my second post is strange this was posted on a VLCD forum initially so I thought the OP wanted to follow a VLCD, but good luck with calorie counting. Different diets suit different people.

Hi :) Ummm my first goal was small! To get to half a stone! Then a stone! And then it just built from there :) I think start small and it'll make the whole thing seem more managable!

Yes def have small goals, I find measuring once a month is good as well to give u a boost x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back