Tired after exercise

donna88

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else is like this, I started doing 30 minutes 5 times a week on the crosstrainer and at least 100 crunches 5 times a week as well at the beginning of September. Also the past couple of weeks I've joined a running club, doing a program which is suppose to get you running 30 minutes none stop after 10 weeks.

I'm really enjoying being more active and feel amazing in myself, I'm more toned and can fit in jeans which I couldn't before, despite not having much of a shift on the scales. I'm not going to stop the exercise, in fact I'm hoping to run a marathon in 2014, going to apply for London but if I don't get a place there I will do another one hopefully.

However, although I'm feeling the benefits, I'm really tired all the time. I'm sleeping better at night which is great, but I'm feeling like I need naps during the day as well. I thought exercise was suppose to give you more energy in the long run.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I know where you are coming from but I persevered. I made sure I wasn't hungry, drank lots of water and went to bed a bit earlier. I feel better for exercising though, and that's good enough for me.
It'll get better. :)

Thanks for the reply, def not giving up on it as I do feel great (can't explain the feeling but you know I just feel so good for doing it) plus I'm really enjoying the running. I just wish I could get through the day a little less tired. I thought it would pass after a while. Ahh well I can put up with it if I need to :)

If your tired during the day then you need more energy, you are burning tons with all that exercise so maybe you need to eat a bit more.

If your tired during the day then you need more energy, you are burning tons with all that exercise so maybe you need to eat a bit more.

It could be that, I was about to say I eat loads.... but I haven't increased the amount I eat from when before I started the exercise. I'll give that a go :)

Back