Tiredness and Headaches

WelshSwan

Well I am now on day three and this is the day I quit on Lipotrim but I am determined that I am sticking to this! I am just a little worried now as last night I had a major headache and I took two co codamol to ease it, will this affect the diet at all? I know codeine is strong but it's the only thing that touches any headaches I get and are headaches and major tiredness normal? So far I've had no other side effects, I even managed to go to the football yesterday and avoided the temptation to have a hot dog! Yay!

Just stopped being lazy and looked around online and I think codeine is fine and the headaches are normal! Been okay so far today touch wood!

Codeine is fine, but excessive use will give you headaches

Better off with naproxen or similar

Keep hydrated hope they pass x

Codeine is fine, but excessive use will give you headaches

Better off with naproxen or similar

Keep hydrated hope they pass x

Thanks hun, only had 2 so far in the space of 4 days as I wasn't absolutely certain they were okay to take. Headaches were gone yesterday but back today, not as bad as they were though and they are bearable :)

I think the headaches & tiredness are all part of the first few days, once your body gets used to the limited calories & no carbs you will feel much better, keep thinking of that first weigh in & you will get through ;)

I think the only thing with paracetamol for me at least is the tend to "bind" me - ie constipation, which I know some people suffer from on VLCD's. xx

I think the headaches & tiredness are all part of the first few days, once your body gets used to the limited calories & no carbs you will feel much better, keep thinking of that first weigh in & you will get through ;)

My mam said the same thing but me being a worrier I thought I would check, I was a huge Pepsi drinker too so I think I am suffering a caffeine withdrawal mixed in with everything else. I cannot wait for the weigh in! Apart from the headaches I can say I have not felt hungry at all, I'm spacing the mealpacks out regularly and drinking plenty of water so as not to feel really hungry. I did do Lipotrim but only managed 3 days as I was feeling so tired and hungry it was unbearable, this is completely different, I am loving it so far! Thanks for the advice hun :)

I think the only thing with paracetamol for me at least is the tend to "bind" me - ie constipation, which I know some people suffer from on VLCD's. xx

Yeah this is why I have been reluctant to take anything for the headaches but I confess I have had two codeine tonight as the pain wouldn't go away, it has now though and I feel fine! :)

I was always hungry when I did CD too (3 meals only was not enough) I did manage to stick to it for 6 months & lost 6 stone but I had a goal to aim for (my 40th birthday party) after that I could never manage more than a week on any restart & the weight started creeping back until I discovered S&S, I am finding this diet so easy I wish I'd found it years ago :)

Mini goals help you through too, makes the end results not seem so far away... Good luck :) & remember we are all here if you have worries fears or down days :D

I think caffeine withdrawal headaches are the worst, even worse than carb & sugar withdrawal & they're bad enough. Stick with it, it'll pass :)

Back