TMI TMI TMI :(

Jayla

Hello everyone,

I can't seem to find any information about this & I know it's gross so please excuse me but I didn't want to ask my CDC today just in case she decided to take me off the CD.. However I have been on the diet a week now, it was my first weigh in today & I have lost 10lbs :bliss:BUT I have also not been to the toilet since I've started (number 2 that is). My belly grumbles & I feel like I need to go but when I try nothing happens - it's almost feels like I just have wind :confused:

I don't know if this is normal or not because generally my bowel movements have always been far and few between anyway, maybe twice or three times a week - but I've never gone a whole week before.. Is this normal?

I'm sorry that it's TMI but any advice would be hugely appreciated :ashamed0005:

Dw hun I had this problem!
I brought Cambridge fiber off my CDC, you put 1 teaspoon in 1/2 shakes a day and it keeps you regular! I go most days now x

Total loss- 35lbs in 13 weeks

Dw hun I had this problem!
I brought Cambridge fiber off my CDC, you put 1 teaspoon in 1/2 shakes a day and it keeps you regular! I go most days now x

Total loss- 35lbs in 13 weeks

Oh thanks a lot, so I am normal after all.. I thought that'd be the end of the diet.. I will be phoning her first thing - Thank you x

I've had trouble since started over a month ago never felt the need to go now I use psyllium husk and go now :)

yes take a laxative/suppository to 'get you going' again (!) then get some psyllium husks, you can get capsules from holland and barratt, i take 4 a day and go around every other day. i had the same problem as you when i started the diet, went to doctor to get some tablets, he prescribed the equivalent of dulcoease but nothing happened so bought suppositories from Boots instead, I went within 10 mins! hope you're ok!, it's horrible! x

Hi
Your consultant really should have told you about this... it really is horrific if it takes hold. The first time it happened to me i thought i was dying - it was just sooooo painful. I cried - a lot.

Please take something to clear you and then take the fibre!

It's a shame you're in this position - you didn't have to be!!

Good luck!!

Lx

lumpyandbumpy said:
yes take a laxative/suppository to 'get you going' again (!) then get some psyllium husks, you can get capsules from holland and barratt, i take 4 a day and go around every other day. i had the same problem as you when i started the diet, went to doctor to get some tablets, he prescribed the equivalent of dulcoease but nothing happened so bought suppositories from Boots instead, I went within 10 mins! hope you're ok!, it's horrible! x

I didn't realise you could buy suppositories over the counter ?

I was never regular before and am even worse now but I'm not in any pain or anything. I've used movicol a few times but I would maybe like to make sure I go at least once a week so suppositories could be ideal for me to try as I can't remember the last time I went, think it was about 10 days ago :-( no discomfort though so I'm not too worried x

I didn't realise you could buy suppositories over the counter ?

I was never regular before and am even worse now but I'm not in any pain or anything. I've used movicol a few times but I would maybe like to make sure I go at least once a week so suppositories could be ideal for me to try as I can't remember the last time I went, think it was about 10 days ago :-( no discomfort though so I'm not too worried x

hi angel,

yes my mum picked them up for me, they were Boots' own brand so i suppose just go to the pharmacist and explain the symptoms. to be honest though i have used them since when i've been lax at taking the husk capsules so i'm not sure if having the pack of them in the house is god for me, apparently you shouldnt become too reliant on them as they can relax the bowel too much (or something to that effect!) so if you do start using them just be careful!

i'm also the same asyou, was never regular prior to CD but now its only the husks or suppositories that move me!! x

I went to the toilet after 6 days when i started on cd and i was actually crying my eyes out it was that painfull 2nd time still hurt but not as much now i have no pain and go twice or 3 times a week didnt take anything and still dont but if i cud go back and take something to avoid that pain i felt i would, so i wud also say take something to clear you out.

Thank-you all. I've been taking laxative since last night still haven't gone yet. Funnily enough I don't have the pain you all speak of, just the odd funny churning tummy feeling and then nothing comes. Hope the pain don't come before I go, now I'm dreading going :( .. But as long as it doesn't come at work then I'll be alright because at home I can yell & cry as loud as I like lol.. Thanks again ladies :)

Just imagine what your weight loss would be if you had a big poo!! lol

Haha milkshake and soup, probably only another 1lb lol although it has been storing up for 8days it might be quite heavy now... :yuk:

Back