TMI !!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shazzy1970, 6 May 2008 Social URL.

1. shazzy1970

shazzy1970 Full Member

Sorry if this is TMI folks but i really need a poo!! I have been taking dulcolax once a week since wk 3 but don't really want to go down that road so last week bought psyllium husk and took 4 capsules on Fri, had weigh in on Sat and told CDC and she advised fibre 89 as psyllium husk is not allowed on CD. I bought that and have taken 2 teaspoons a day in my shakes since Sat. On Sun i was in the loo for about an hour, OMG i thought i was in labour again! Could have done with an epidural and after pushing for god knows how long managed a poo that was like a rabbit dropping!!! Last night i took another 4 psyllium husk as well as my fibre 89 but nothing! I feel horrible, my tummy doesn't feel right and i have a muggy headache. I've NEVER had bowel problems before and don't like this at all. Anyone have the number for Dynarod??

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

CD sole source
    hi sharon,
    i had this problem a while ago.
    there seems to be two solutions for me.
    number one is to eat 2 bars in one day. i did that through greed but omg it sure made me 'go' in a hurry.
    the second is a solution posted by icemoose in the past.
    drink 2 litres water within one hour. i was sceptical as to whether this would work but i must say, it seems to work well.
    obviously drinking a lot in a short period could be hazardous if done daily but once or twice a week to relieve constipation will do no harm whatsoever.
    also, i dont know why ur cdc said u cant have psylium husks on cd as u can indeed have them and many ppl do although most have the loose husks as opposed to tablets.
    hope this helps hun
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.