TMI !!

shazzy1970

Sorry if this is TMI folks but i really need a poo!! I have been taking dulcolax once a week since wk 3 but don't really want to go down that road so last week bought psyllium husk and took 4 capsules on Fri, had weigh in on Sat and told CDC and she advised fibre 89 as psyllium husk is not allowed on CD. I bought that and have taken 2 teaspoons a day in my shakes since Sat. On Sun i was in the loo for about an hour, OMG i thought i was in labour again! Could have done with an epidural and after pushing for god knows how long managed a poo that was like a rabbit dropping!!! Last night i took another 4 psyllium husk as well as my fibre 89 but nothing! I feel horrible, my tummy doesn't feel right and i have a muggy headache. I've NEVER had bowel problems before and don't like this at all. Anyone have the number for Dynarod??

Sharon

hi sharon,
i had this problem a while ago.
there seems to be two solutions for me.
number one is to eat 2 bars in one day. i did that through greed but omg it sure made me 'go' in a hurry.
the second is a solution posted by icemoose in the past.
drink 2 litres water within one hour. i was sceptical as to whether this would work but i must say, it seems to work well.
obviously drinking a lot in a short period could be hazardous if done daily but once or twice a week to relieve constipation will do no harm whatsoever.
also, i dont know why ur cdc said u cant have psylium husks on cd as u can indeed have them and many ppl do although most have the loose husks as opposed to tablets.
hope this helps hun
cherylxx

Back