To Class or Not to Class - That is THE QUESTION!

Lindam

Silver Member
I'm not that sure about my particular class - I rejoined the week before last, stayed last week for Body Image and have emailed my Consultant in between. I feel that as a Target Member that they were not that interested in my issues, they even said that as I was within my target range they assumed everything was OK. I said I wanted my food diary and exercise reviewed to check that I was doing the right thing and was told that so long as stuck to plan and started a walking programme it would work for me(I already run x 3 times a week, Powerplate adn cycle regularly)!!

As the class is a very large one the consultant seemed to rush through each person wanting to get everyone in within the 30 mins she had left after the weigh in. There was no time for much else apart from handing out a 'balloon' chart to colour in if you lost a pound a week until sometime in August where you could win a 'countdown'.

Maybe it's me but I did not find it motivating - I think the people on this site give fab support and maybe I should just stick with this and weigh myself in??!

Only you can decide what is best for you. Personally I find that there is something about having to go to a class and weigh in that I find very motivating. I know they won't tell you off or anything but psychologically I need that watershed to keep on track.

I love my class and stay religiously every week. It's like my weekly 'fix' and motivates me for the rest of the week. Plus I have a fab consultant who is funny and go with some friends which helps.

Can you try and find a different class to see if it suits you better?

my class isn't all that at the moment and the class has dropped from around 20 staying for the session to around 8! a bit pathetic really, but i'm going for me. in an odd way it's something i look forward to as i want to have my official progress documented somewhere. it's my thursday ritual - work 8am - 3:30pm, come home and relax for an hour, go to class, then EAT whatever i like when i get home.

I think it's good to stay to class but if you don't feel you are being supported find another one in your area with a better consultant

A class is only as good as its leader, so try and find another class that's more helpful. I need to stay for image therapy, it helps me stick to the plan, but I don't know if I'd still go if I was at target. My leader is brilliant, and makes the meetings fun, which makes all the difference.

I went back to group on Tuesday, dont think I am going to return.. My group dont seem to be particularly friendly, they come with friends and all seem to stick together. This was one of the reasons I stopped going before also there are members that the consultant has obviously taken a shine to and they seem to get a lot of the Image Therapy time spent on them. I know this grates on several other "long termers" as I overheard a few conversations, especially about "Slimmer of the Week" and one woman who doesnt even follow the SW plan she counts calories!!! The consultant is nice but dont think she lights a fire under my bum if you get my drift. The support I get on here will be enough for me . Im not going to waste £4.50 per week when I can weigh myself at Boots for 30p. i should save the £4.20 towards a holiday to show off my bikini body.

As I am booked out next week from class (having a free Cranial Therapy session then going camping at the Ely Folk Festival) - I will probably just see how things go on my own scales for the next two weeks.

Maybe it's the whole going to class that is the problem for me. I think that Emski (my sister) and I give each other loads of support, and popping onto Minimins may be enough - we shall see, watch this space!

I went back to group on Tuesday, dont think I am going to return.. My group dont seem to be particularly friendly, they come with friends and all seem to stick together. This was one of the reasons I stopped going before also there are members that the consultant has obviously taken a shine to and they seem to get a lot of the Image Therapy time spent on them. I know this grates on several other "long termers" as I overheard a few conversations, especially about "Slimmer of the Week" and one woman who doesnt even follow the SW plan she counts calories!!! The consultant is nice but dont think she lights a fire under my bum if you get my drift. The support I get on here will be enough for me . Im not going to waste £4.50 per week when I can weigh myself at Boots for 30p. i should save the £4.20 towards a holiday to show off my bikini body.

Ive just started begrudging paying £4.50 a week so some of us at school are going to get weighed every friday morning in the staff room and put a pound (in money) in a jar per week and then divide the money out after a while to buy ourselves something nice xxxx

I have looked into a new class - and there is one on my way home from work on a Monday evening so may drop in there to be weighed on Monday and feel the vibes in that group!

Think it largely depends on your group, your consultant and how supported you feel there. My first SW group was amazing, the consultant was so supportive the weight just fell off. Then she retired and everything went a bit 'Pete Tong' after that. Im trying it "DIY" style this time - hoping the support on here will be enough to keep me on track.

I can sympathise with you - although unfortunately I am nowhere near target lol - but the only people our consultant seems to be interested in are the people joining up on that night, she really is useless, I know that sounds harsh but I pay to go each week, the least I can expect is a bit of support surely?

I know for a fact that 3 people have emailed slimming world head office this week because they are unhappy with her so maybe something will happen about it, we'll see.....

I'm re-joining tomorrow. In the 2 years that I have left, the group I am going to go to has a new consultant so I am hoping that the new consultant is just as good as the old one!

Back