to count or not to count

Charmed1

if you have a bit of naughtiness after a weigh in do you count it or do you start from the next day

i know that i shouldnt be having days like these but i really needed wine

i used over 60 syns on saturday(weigh day) which is fine i can use no syns for the rest of the week but i dont really want to do this

what does everyone do

thanking you

xx

I never count it!

But do NOT follow my lead I am not s good slimmer at all....

Maybe you should save some syns each day for a nice treat after weight-in!

I never counted it before and I've never succeeded on a diet plan before. That will be one of the changes I make this time to get me in to better eating habits.
If you can do it, and it works for you and you still lose then it's totally up to you what you do really. It's about making the plan livable for you. For me, not a good habit so won't be doing it.
Although its my first wi tonight, I feel incredibly bloated and my scales say I've gained so you may well find me weeping into an unsynned chocolate cake before the night is out!

im sure your fine and have done better than you think

thanks everyone and you are all right of course i should just count it its my own fault ive no syns left

xx

jezzi999 said:
Well I have up to 15 syns a day, and I'm losing really well, so that would be 105 syns a week. . So that would leave you 45 syns, so that's 5 or 6 a day still :)

Like jezzi I was thinking you still have 45 syns left. However the thing about having that much wine (and this might not happen to you but it does to me if I have more than 2 glasses!) is that you forget other things you might have eaten along with the wine so your losses may be compromised by things you genuinely can't remember if you do get a little, ahem, merry, shall we say. Only other thing is to be aware of the health implications but am sure you know all that stuff. ;-)

Also I think the same as marshflower in that I've done ww and used to binge after weigh in. I can't even call it a treat cos it got worse and worse as the weeks went on and there was no way i could recoup the loss so got more and more fed up and gave up. I haven't done that this time and have lost every week for 12 weeks with one STS.
It may be a one off which is fine but if it's a weekly thing it will eventually compromise your losses and you might think the plan no longer works.

Last edited:
I know this is totally off topic but i'm needing ideas off people for breakfast ideas... I normally have 2 weetabix and a banana but this is starting to get boring now :'( and i've tried 30g if cereal but i'm left starving but also i leave for work at 7am so need something quick and simple to make.. Anybody any ideas?! Would be greatly greatly appreciated :) x

Try the "what's for breakfast" thread, I've got a few great ideas from there :)

Okay will do :) How do you find it though because i've tried looking on the slimming world website but can never find it, do you have a link you could share please? :) x

I'm in the "dont do it camp" on this topic. It's not a good idea and it's not really healthy to do it each week.
Count the syns and count them properly, then reduce your syns accordingly for the rest of the week.

Remember, the recommended amount of syns now is around 10 and not the 15 it used to be.

Saving syns to use on one day is okay, but they must be counted and not ignored.

It should be on this page, just a few threads down if you scroll down or click over on to page 2. I'm afraid I don't know how to add links from my phone :/

Thank you Jezzi :D

jaylou said:
I'm in the "dont do it camp" on this topic. It's not a good idea and it's not really healthy to do it each week.
Count the syns and count them properly, then reduce your syns accordingly for the rest of the week.

Remember, the recommended amount of syns now is around 10 and not the 15 it used to be.

Saving syns to use on one day is okay, but they must be counted and not ignored.

Is it 10 syns now? How did you hear this? I only joined last week and was still told 15 :(

Marshflower said:
Is it 10 syns now? How did you hear this? I only joined last week and was still told 15 :(

It's been around 10 syns for a while. In fact in the magazine on the planner it says around 10 syns per day.
My consultant must have been saying this for well over a year now.

Oh dear. Will have to mention it to my consultant. I wonder if it's the area manager for my area or something as when I joined first in March was told 15 too. No more but didn't have to be less. As I've only been doing it a week I've not bought the magazine yet - still trying to get my head around the orange book!

jezzi999 said:
I think it depends from consultant to consultant what they advise. Lots are still staying 5-15 syns, and the packs still say 5-15 syns.

The pack does say your consultant will help you choose your syn amount, and mine says 10 for the majority of women. The magazine 7 day planners have said 10 for a while too.

If you have been told 15 then that's what your consultant goes by, I'm just quoting my info and that of the magazine. A lot of people on here have 15, I don't as I was told 10.

My consultant says 5-15 but aim for around 10 because we naturally have more syns without knowing so aiming for 10 will result in around 15 most days!

Missjlouise said:
My consultant says 5-15 but aim for around 10 because we naturally have more syns without knowing so aiming for 10 will result in around 15 most days!

This sounds like the best advice! Also it doesn't make me feel like I've completely messed up the last week lol! :D

Back