To embarrassed to go back!

curlylou

I really want to get weighed this week so that I can get back on track. DH was away working for 4 months, and in that time I rarely got a chance to attend and struggled to stay on plan. Now he is back I want to get back into it as I felt so much better before straying.

The problem is that I am currently way visiting relatives so I would have to attend a completely different group. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but it feels really cheeky to attend a new group for one week, as I will have put on a lot of weight. Maybe I am just being silly, but I'd hate to add to the gains of a group I've never attended and my gain will probably be the largest anyway!

The weigh in is tomorrow morning, should I go or wait until next week when I get home?

Take the leap and go get it over with, it doesnt matter where you attend and no matter what the gain it will only be on their books for one week and you will probably never see them again.

Be strong you can do it and once tomorrow is over with it will make it easier to go to your own group next week lbs lighter from your week away :D You can do it good luck

Ah, thanks Texty_F for such a quick reply. I'm sure this stuff doesn't bother some people but I get myself in such a state! You are right, one week on their books is nothing. Still nervous though, but will bite the bullet and haul my backside there in the morning!

You can do it and I look forward to hearing about your SW journey - were all here for the same reason. Lots of help and support on here I think its fantastic

I would go for it Curlylou - strike while the iron is hot! I know when I've made up my mind to go on plan I need to go for it there and then. If you don't go you might gain even m ore this week so to me this is a no brainer for you!
Do the consultants get awarded/penalised for losses/gains?
Good luck x

Do the consultants get awarded/penalised for losses/gains?
Good luck x

Interestingly my C told us that she gets extra brownie points from head office for every member that shows up with a gain. Apparently if the member feels comfortable enough with her C to return even if they've gained then it's regarded as proof positive that the C is non judgemental and supportive of her members.

Well, thats just what I did today. My old SW mates all weighed in at my old regular group last night and were trying to encourage me back after the group. I havent been for 6 mths but I found a group nearby and weighed in today. The poor consultant had a 2 stone 2lb gain from me and im off to my reg group next Thurs!!!! It was the right thing for me though as I just needed to bite the bullet and had to go with the moment!

How did it go?

I think this time of year they anticipate gains! But it's about dancing the music and wanting to get back on the wagon!

The longer you leave it the less likely you are to get back on it!

And I've never had a consultant get funny with gains! At the end of the day it's all part and parcel of the job :) xx

Well I went! I have to say that the group and went to was unbelievably supportive and friendly, I would feel much happier in the future about going to different groups when I am away from home. Thanks for all the support on here, it's a lovely forum.

I have been off plan for weeks, so when the lady who weighed me said "one on" I was just happy that it wasn't more than one stone. It turned out she meant a pound! I nearly fell of the scales, I was so shocked. I'm not kidding, I've eaten pringles and chocolate and all kids of rubbish for weeks so I have absolutely no idea how I have managed that. I really don't. I'm not complaining though!

So that's me back on track now. I am still away visiting family, so it is difficult when I am not at home to try and stay on plan but I have managed to put myself in charge of most of the cooking. Yesterday I had toast for brekkie, a sandwich for lunch and ratatouille with rice for dinner. I'm just off to have another helping of ratatouille for my dinner tonight, but I need to try and steer clear of the chocolates my FIL has made this afternoon...

Back