To everyone going it alone - bathroom scales?

Thanks for all of your replies. I went to Argos this evening on my way home and bought these ones:

Buy HoMedics Touch Body Analyser Scale. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

I've weighed myself and it seems as though I've lost a few pounds already!...I'm not sure whether it is accurate, wondering if I should go back to group once more to compare the scales???

I'll have a think about it :)

Just go with these scales. Chose a weigh in day and time and just stick with it. Even if they are a little different to class it doesn't matter. What matters is the weight going down each week :)

Just go with these scales. Chose a weigh in day and time and just stick with it. Even if they are a little different to class it doesn't matter. What matters is the weight going down each week :)

Yeah, I totally agree. It's the consistency of the scale that matters, ie that you're not getting readings that are all over the place. You need one that accurately calculates what you're losing, and the HoMedics scales are very consistent. :)

Well, my little brother used them and has put on a pound - which is consistent with his eating habits and it seems pretty accurate with the muscle measurements as he is pretty active (plays a lot of football) so I'm thinking that the scales on the whole are pretty accurate, which makes me happy!

I have made some major changes to my diet so the weight loss is quite promising, but I shouldn't get my hopes up!

Thanks!

I'm a DIY SW'er and I got these scales as well .... they're very good and tell you info other than your weight, such as body fat, muscle and BMI xxx

I love them! They are great and I've made profiles for my little brother and mum :)

An absolute bargain at under £20!

Yep! Bargain of the month!!

Mr Melvis set up his skinny 10 stone 3lb profile just to make me jealous :eek: lol xx

Hehe, my BF (doing SW with me) has a profile and i'm infinitely jealous of how much his numbers drop even though he has more healthy extras than he should and never syns fruit juice!

so glad of this info.just ordered myself some new scales,realised mine were rubbish!and only go up in about 2 pound increments.then panicked,and thought "should have checked mini's first,bet theres something there about scales"well i had ordered the homemedics(less than £17 on amazon,and free delivery too!).so i'm well chuffed.

slightly worried the new ones will say more than my old ones,but s'pose i'll deal with it if it happens(and not by eating crisps!:rolleyes:)

Back