To Follow a Plan or Not to Follow a Plan?...

Thanks again. I'm so pleased I joined this site because when I got back from the gym I was really in 'pig out' mode in my head till I got it out of my system and posted on here! : )

:D That's great, it's good that we're all here to support each other through the journey. I'm finding it a massive help too, when I feel I want to pick or nibble I come on here instead, I especially find the inspirational slide show a good motivation as it shows me that it can be done.

You go girl! :)

I know how you feel hun, I know I'm gonna be up this week rather than down because I had scones n such.. I just don't seem to be able to stick to anything.. Then again maybe I should go to meetings because it might motivate me. Don't give up and I won't either. We can do a little extra, bit more exercise, healthy portions, we'll be ok! :) xxx

We'll all get there girls, we're women and it takes more than a little blip like a little gain to kick us down :D we'll soldier on through and come out smiling.

There are so many extra benefits to exercising and eating well so even if we have a slight gain we are still doing our insides good, have more energy, healthier hair and skin.

I use a song to motivate me too - search for Gabriella Cilmi 'On a Mission'. It's an awesome motivator, play it full blast and dance around to it, makes me feel powered, motivated and strong, grrrrrr :)

Thanks, am back on it after the bank holiday weekend as my OH and I had our close friends wedding although we didn't eat that much really.

We got to Winchester around 9pm Friday and went to the only pub anywhere near our hotel, I had scampi, oven chips and peas. The day of the wedding I had scrambled egg with 1 piece of toast then at the wedding reception there were canapes but they were chicken, tomato and mozerella on a stick etc so not too bad. The meal was duck salad, roast lamb with broccoli and potato then wedding cake; drank a bit through the day but not a massive amount. Sunday had haddock kedgeree for breakfast, then the brides family put on a bbq but as they are Spanish there was a lot of couscous, salad and cold meats; I did have dessert though (more through the insistance of the family) then chips at home in the evening as I felt sick after drinking the night before.

Back on it yesterday though - bran flakes for breakfast, chicken and veg wrap for lunch then nothing for dinner as my stomach was aching.

Had a session with my personal trainer Friday which was great - took stats like lean muscle mass, weight, body fat %, hydration level etc. My targets this week from him are more water as my hydration rate should be between 55-60 but mine was only 42.6. I am also on no carbs after 6pm as he said carbs give you energy, but after 6pm your body is getting ready for sleep and you don't need energy to sleep and to have my bigger meal at lunch rather than dinner; he's doing my exercise program this Friday.

How's everyone else getting on? Hope you are all good :)

I think thats what I'm finding is helping me right now - the weekly weigh in keeping me in check and the exercise at least once a week alongside it.

I started herbalife last night so at least I'll have the weekly weigh in to motivate me! I'm really happy I went! I feel like its not just for myself anymore I have to lose for but for the group and my coach! :D

That's great that you enjoyed it Marxina and it spurred you on, I think that's half the battle sometimes but if you enjoy it then it can seem a bit easier somehow.

I've not exercised this week as have had a stinking cold/sore throat/fever thing. Haven't eaten badly because of it but haven't felt like the gym either; managed to sleep all night last night which was better than Tuesday night when I think I saw every hour; dosing up on Halls, Lemsip, Covonia and Anadin at the moment while resting when I can.

Meant to have 2nd session with Personal Trainer tomorrow where he's putting my exercise program together, not sure whether to cancel it or not??? Don't want to let him down and feel like a wuss, but don't want to end up coughing through my session either - maybe I'll text him today and just say I've been unwell this week, am still happy to come tomorrow or does he think it's best to leave it and rearrange.

Meant to have 2nd session with Personal Trainer tomorrow where he's putting my exercise program together, not sure whether to cancel it or not??? Don't want to let him down and feel like a wuss, but don't want to end up coughing through my session either - maybe I'll text him today and just say I've been unwell this week, am still happy to come tomorrow or does he think it's best to leave it and rearrange.

Oh girly I'd defo try to postpone it. When my immune system was low I'd get sick really often an I would drop everything just to make myself better again, be it lying in bed for 4-5 days in a row. The training can wait til your strong enough.

Although in saying that I found within the last year or so if I feel I am coming down with a flu or a fever if feel moderate exercise that makes you sweat a little helps fight it off! But that would only be a mild fever or start of a cold! Thankfully I'm alot healthier these days though! :)

maybe I'll text him today and just say I've been unwell this week, am still happy to come tomorrow or does he think it's best to leave it and rearrange.

I think that's a good idea, he'll know you're committed but also advise you correctly. I know I wouldn't feel like it! X

Well, I went to the session in the end and I'm glad I did to be honest as I think it helped sweat it out of me. The session was really tough but good as I felt like I had worked hard, although on Saturday I did regret telling him I wanted to work on my triceps :)

Am going to the gym again tonight as was a little bad on the weekend as we bought some nice cheeses which we had for lunch on Saturday.

How's everyone else?

What an impressive loss for your first week! How's your OH doing with it?

Well done for getting down to the gym even when you were feeling blue, it does help sometimes to get out in those cases... Had a headache coming on slowly since 12ish, might go out for a nice long walk and get some fresh air, hope it blows away in the wind!

I think you deserved the cheeses after such a brilliant loss, half a stone in a week! That's something I could ever only dream of *gazes into the distance* :p Enjoy the workout, atleast you're going to work off those extra calories and not sitting around mooching about it like I would!

Don't regret telling your trainer anything - he is your conscience! If you go to the gym alone, you can tell yourself you don't really mind if you don't finish the full 10km on the treadmill, but you know you do, and if you tell him, he will know you do and therefore push you to it. I wish I had a personal trainer!

xxx`

Thanks, I was so amazed at the loss too it really surprised me and spurred me on. I'm glad I went to the gym too but think I may have to cancel this week as I went to the gym last night on my own but I think I pulled or strained a muscle in my chest. Last night it was so painful, I couldn't get up from bed as sitting up and pressing on my arms to move was excruciating; only managed 3 hours sleep as I couldn't lay any way without it being so painful.

Have taken some muscle tablets this morning and it does feel slightly better, hopefully sitting at my desk will rest it today but I wouldn't want to risk pulling it again with my trainer on Friday.

My OH is doing really well too, he's looking really trim and he is doing his weights again so his definition is looking great, I'm really proud of him.

Hope your headache went and the walk cleared your head.

Thanks, I was so amazed at the loss too it really surprised me and spurred me on. I'm glad I went to the gym too but think I may have to cancel this week as I went to the gym last night on my own but I think I pulled or strained a muscle in my chest. Last night it was so painful, I couldn't get up from bed as sitting up and pressing on my arms to move was excruciating; only managed 3 hours sleep as I couldn't lay any way without it being so painful.

Have taken some muscle tablets this morning and it does feel slightly better, hopefully sitting at my desk will rest it today but I wouldn't want to risk pulling it again with my trainer on Friday.

My OH is doing really well too, he's looking really trim and he is doing his weights again so his definition is looking great, I'm really proud of him.

Hope your headache went and the walk cleared your head.

Awww, sorry to hear about the muscle pull! Rest is definitely the best thing, I'm sure PT will understand and maybe even give you some gentle exercises to help soothe it.

Nice news about OH! I would love to have a partner to do this with... With my ex, we used to talk about it all the time, try and spur each other on, but we never really did anything about it. Now he's seen how much weight I've lost, he asked me to explain SW to him. I don't think he's going to do it as he was getting a bit confused but I have explained the concept and he knows he can ask me anything he wants. I even gave him links to the success stories, hoping that would push him a bit as I know he is unhappy with his weight and has been for a long time, but oh well. I would love to be able to cook for him all day and make him see that he doesn't need fast food to satisfy his hunger!

Headache effectively banished :D xxx

Glad your headache has vanished :D

Thats great you were able to pass on your knowledge and success of SW to your ex, really sweet. Even if he doesn't do anything about it right now he has the information to use whenever he's ready to make the choice which is always a good start when you are armed with the knowledge, well done you :)

Back