To go to class or not to go

Hiya all

i previously did SW and lost 1 stone, it took 6 weeks for me to lose this, but i then moved house and stopped going to class as was doing my house up ect

anyway i due to go away in decemeber and would like to go from a size 16 to a size 12/14 ( or even smaller if possible)

im debating if to rejoin and get a 12 week count down as it takes me to decmeber if i took one out now

i just dont find class that helpfull, i like that i get weighed properly ect, but the motivation and the chats are same old same old - and i dont gain from this - so i would only be paying this to be weighed and maybe suport from my consultant.

i do feel i should join for the motivation to loose the weight, but the financial side says no was its £50 that could be used for somethink else

i did start weighting myself weekly at the gym on the new weight machines - but then i found they were different everytime or out of order

have anyone on here felt in this prediciment?

thoughts please

Can you try a different class? I started over 2 years ago and went every week to meetings as they were always inspiring, lost over 2 stone, then had a bereavement which hit hard and i stopped going. I went back a few months ago to the same class but didnt feel very supported this time, i do wonder if its because the class had got so big the leader put on 3 classes on the day to cater for everyone, i dont know, it just wasnt right for me, so again i stopped going. But 2 weeks ago i had enough and joined a different group and have to say the motivation is fab! Are there other groups in your area? x

I wish that I could do it at home but I need the support of a group and I think if you are paying for it then you should stay and get your money's worth. having said that, some groups are better than others and I am lucky in that I go to a good one - like the lady above said, keep looking til you find a good one x

Lkddeszxfr

I felt the same as you- my last SW Consultant was lacklustre to say the least! It put me right off, i never stayed for the meeting and suffice it to say didnt last long. But I tried a new group last week and was amazed at what a good Consultant can do for motivation. The C for this group is just wonderful and the group themselves are absolutely bonkers, really warm and friendly.
I loved it and am actually looking forward to going on Tuesday- despite dreading that I've not lost an ounce!
I honestly think it is worth looking about for a good group. It gives you motivation x 100 and could make the difference between being a 14/12 or a 12/10 by Xmas.

I've been to three SW classes over the last two years and they were all very different. One had a nightmare consultant who was just horrible. I only lasted about three classes there. The other two were good but it is the one I am attending now that I like the most. I really like the C and the members are a fantastic bunch too. I would say try a different group - you may come across one where everything clicks and you feel really encouraged to continue.

Hi ya, personally i think going is the best thing, but i have a great group and have made friends there, i had 4 weeks off in the summer and i really missed it!
Also when you join a class you get the online bit as well, which is a great help for syns and that. I think buying a countdown is a good idea as then you have to go otherwise you are wasting your money! Try a session and see how you feel, if you really don't like it then at least you have the books then so can do it at home, good luck xxx

I've never been to a class as I don't have the money for them - plus I didn't have a really large amount that I wanted to lose. It was more as a preventative measure so that I didn't let my weight get out of hand like it has done before. I chose SW as my sister was a member and she used to go to class....I'm not sure how much she got out of the actual class itself but she lost 2 stone for her wedding so that's what made me pick SW.

I don't think I would like going to a class and getting weighed etc in front of a load of people - but most people I know on this forum wouldn't be able to do it without their class. I think that finding a good C is crucial from what I have heard.

I think it also depends on what you will use the class for. I.e if you are only going to get weighed then it's probably not worth going to a class - but if you find it useful to be able to talk about your struggles and swap recipes then maybe it would be worth it. I also think the online syns thing must be good as I hear nothing but positive reviews and wish I had access!

However, I find that I get all the support I need on here and I do WI myself once a week......but as I said before, I have never been to a class.

Yes definately finding the right consultant is crucial I think. I am lucky in that mine is brilliant and I find group very supportive and the interaction with others is essential to me. Also staying for I T I think really helps if you have an interesting consultant as they are able to give you so much information from Head Office, etc. We also have a raffle,quizzes, competitions etc.l

Just feel I need to correct a common misconception mentioned on here- in no slimming club I have ever been to (and I'm ashamed to say there have a been a few over the years) have I ever been weighed in front of a load of people. It's usually very private and the people queuing behind are at a good enough distance away that they can't see and the C never reads the weight out. Besides anything else, anyone there is far too busy thinking about their own WI to worry about yours! It sounds daunting but honesty this side of it has never been a problem for me and I am horribly defensive about my weight.

Marshflower said:
Just feel I need to correct a common misconception mentioned on here- in no slimming club I have ever been to (and I'm ashamed to say there have a been a few over the years) have I ever been weighed in front of a load of people. It's usually very private and the people queuing behind are at a good enough distance away that they can't see and the C never reads the weight out. Besides anything else, anyone there is far too busy thinking about their own WI to worry about yours! It sounds daunting but honesty this side of it has never been a problem for me and I am horribly defensive about my weight.

Marshflower is right weigh ins are generally very private as I think most clubs would lose members otherwise. If you find a group who are warm and welcoming and you like your C I have to say group is the best way to go. I know i can't motivate myself without it xx

I have joined slimming world 3 times with 3 different consultants:

The first consultant was awful! Very "holier than thou", you would feel belittled if you had maintained nevermind if you gained!

The second consultant was amazing! Love her and I am still in contact as my parents still attend her group! she is very realistic and supportive! I would still be attending if I didnt move to London!

The third I have only attended 2 weeks but she seems really nice and inspirational as well!

I need the classes, you don't realise how much they are supportive and come up with great idea's, every consultant is different, never found a bad one all been lovely. Some classes are more enjoyable than others so I would just try another class. But if you don't go your just keep putting off your diet and before you know it a few months have passed.

I would agree that going to a class is a big help - you always learn something or find out about a new food/ sauce ect. When I stared in sw I found a great c in the group. She lost 5 stone herself and she was always very honest about her own journey. She is great leader. One day we had another leader but I found that she was not as good as my present consultant. No one want to go to a sw class where you feel like you back in primary school in front of the head teacher so even if you have to another class I think it is worth it.

Back