To have or not to have???? hmmmm

jacqui35

Silver Member
Morning all

Well went swimming today and did 20 length phew not bad considering ive not been on own since 2007, didnt want to over do it so stuck to 20 as normally do 32 half mile, but do want eventually over do that soon.

So how many points would that be i was in there for roughly 25 mins and did breaststroke.

Now do i use the activity points or not, Just that when i exercise and diet i never lose weight on scales and then tend to stop with diet as i think im not losing. Or do i just ignore them and carry on with my normal points.

I sts at wi this week thats why im asking and doing fast start this week to see if gets me moving hehehe

thanks all xxx

Hi I never use AP,but its a personal preference.I lose slow so need all I can to lose weight faster.....Also I think later when Im much lighter I will then maybe use them but until then I just want o get the lbs off and tone up and see exercise as not too have more food as Ive just started.
Maybe dont have the AP as your points arent really low yet use the exercise to speed up the loss. ?
xx

I'm sorry i cant give you an answer but very interesting question as i too have started swimming 3x's a week..i do 25 lengths (breast stroke like you) but i havent been taking my AP into account as i dont actually know how many i would get??!! From other posts i have seen on AP, i reckon they wouldnt actually add up to much... unfortunately. If anyone can tell me that would be grand!! :) I know there is a calculation you can do but think i must be ever so thick as cant actually work it out..doh! x

25 mins low intensity exercise is 1 AP

I was wondering about this, what intensity do you actually class swimming as? i really want to start going, though not really that confident to do so, i use to swim all the time 100 lengths each time i went, that's normal .. not breast stroke lol can't do this :D i'm a fool ha! but would you class it as high med or low?

I can never seem to figure out what intensity to class my exercise as so just go for low! as if it's higher then just means ive saved more points etc

Back