To Measure ( myself) or not.. FAT is the question

FatandFlumpy

Ok.. So i started SW just over 3 weeks ago.. only lost 9lb in the frist 2 weeks and stayed the same last week..
Should i measure myself do you think?

I see some people type inches lost etc and if i see inches lost it might make me smile a little..

Where do i measure?
When do i measure?

Cheers me dears for reading my prattle xx

only lost 9lb in the frist 2 weeks and stayed the same last week..

Are you serious? Just how much did you expect to lose if 9lb in two weeks is not good enough! That's a fantastic loss and your sts in week 3 is likely down to your body catching up with itself after such a big loss.

And yes, you should measure as it is always good to have other ways to measure your success other than what the scales are saying.

I took measurments when I first started (im into week 3) and plan to re-measure every 4 weeks or so. Ive measured my bust, hips, waist, thigh and arm x

FatandFlumpy said:
Ok.. So i started SW just over 3 weeks ago.. only lost 9lb in the frist 2 weeks and stayed the same last week..xx
Blimey! I'd take losing 9lb a month - let alone in 2 weeks!!!! Its bugs me a little when people say 'only' in front of their weight loss to be honest - any loss is good!!
SW is not a quick fix so you can't expect very quick losses all the time i'm afraid - but it is healthy, and sustainable long term.
I forgot to measure myself when i started but did so a few weeks ago and will do so monthly as i have upped my exercise regime recently.

Well done on your weight loss so far.
I've never measured, I didn't need another obsession to go with my scales obsession LOL. Plus i thought that the inches wouldn't go down quickly enough for me and would leave me deflated.
Some people love measuring though.

I measured, in centimeters (looks so much more impressive to say 3cm instead of 1 inch). LOL

Ok.. So i started SW just over 3 weeks ago.. only lost 9lb in the frist 2 weeks and stayed the same last week..
Should i measure myself do you think?

I see some people type inches lost etc and if i see inches lost it might make me smile a little..

Where do i measure?
When do i measure?

Cheers me dears for reading my prattle xx

9lbs in three weeks is fabulous, well done:happy096:

I measure from the neck down as I find it interesting to see the inches coming off the different places as it various over time and those weeks when the weight stays the same it is nice to see movement as it gives a bit of an incentive...I like Shrimpy's idea of centimeters:p

Neck
Bust
Waist
Hips
Thighs
Knees
Calves
Ankles
Upper Arms
Wrists

Well done on your loss so far:happy096:

I measure too -but I don't just do "strike it lucky" -top, middle, bottom I do :-

Bust
bra band
squishy bit between bust n waist
Waist
belly
Hips
Thighs
Knees
Calves
Upper Arms

and I measure in cms -it soon adds up ;)

9lbs is amazing, well done!

A friend told mme to measure when I started and I still haven't but I do have measurements from when i put on weight at christmas time in my diary somewhere so will work from them.

I did upper arm, thigh, waist, hippy/top of butt bit, base of bust and over bust.

Shame I can't measure the double chin(s) ;)

Well done though, i would be seriously delighted with even a 1lb loss this week :eek:

Back