Extra Easy Days To syn or not to syn that is the question?

beardjoy1

I am looking for your opinions about the usage of syns!

When I started the slimming world plan I tried to use as little syns as possible but didn't feel the weight loss I feel I should have had. It was then that someone told me that you have to use some syns, your body works better and therefore you lose more weight!

So I did up my syns last week o 26 but only list half a Pound :(

Now someone has told me I am still using too few syns and they only see a good loss when they use their 15 syns per day!!

So confused and sooooo want this to work but am feeling frustrated more and more as I don't know what to do to be right.

I would appreciate your help!

Joy x

Yep, you do yourself no favours by limiting your syns so much. In fact even at 26 syns you are still not following the plan properly as SW say you should have a minimum of 5 a day. Trust in the plan! Have your full allowance of syns because otherwise you risk feeling deprived and falling off the wagon. You have a fair amount to lose and you need to make sure you are taking in enough calories otherwise your losses can be very slow or plateau completely. The majority of people on here use most if not all of their syns and still get great losses.

I'd agree. It is a little scary at first having 'all' this lovely wine, chocolate etc & still being able to lose weight. But SW does work, you don't want to deprive yourself otherwise you won't stick at it.

Just to let you know I nearly always have 105 syns per week & I got to target doing that & have managed to stay in target.

Take a look at the food diaries that will give you an idea how many syns everyone else has.

Girls you are a blessing! I lost 2lb after using 55 syns compared to last week with only using 26 syns and only losing half a pound!

You were all right ... I think you need the syns to make your body function properly!

Weirdest diet plan I have ever been on. Never feel hungry ad can have treats ... Happy days!

Don't think I will ever understand how it works but so long as I keep losing I don't really care!

Thanks for all your helpful advise ladies!

Joy x

Well done Joy.

I completely agree - use your syns. For me they are what makes this plan sustainable. Without them I wouldn't still be here. I did what you did at the start and tried not to use too many. But now I use them all. This isn't a calorie counted diet and you will find that as such your losses will vary from week depending on a combination of things but I don't think that number of syns used generally would significantly correlate with that. So use them, enjoy them and keep losing :D

Gail x

hiya

I'm not doing SW at the minute but keep venturing back.

How many syns in a bottle of dry white wine??

I used to only use syns for sauces like ketchup, sweet chilli, gravy, mayo etc. Tried to only use a few but would love to know if I could incorporate a bottle of wine on a weekend x x or vodka and diet coke mmmmmmm....

might venture back to SW x

28 syns in a bottle of wine I think.

I find that I need to use my syns to get a good weight loss too. Somedays I am a few over and others a few under but over a week it balances so I don't get too hung up about it.

If you are too severe on any diet your body will fight back by hanging on to every calorie it can. It is instinctive.

However your body can do nothing about the calories you expend when you exercise so could you up the body magic?

I know I do it the wrong way but I save up my syns for meals out, nights out and takeaways with my o/h and friends. I only do this because if I have chocolate everyday I only want more and more and end up having way too many syns for the week. So I have maybe 1 or 2 syns a day then use the rest for a few glasses of wine and a nice meal
People will say I'm wrong but I lose weight better this way as I'm eating the right things most the time and using my 70 weekly syns on the bad things. Don't get me wrong if i felt I needed some syns one night I would have them but I never feel deprived! May change when I've been on plan for a few more month but now it's working!
Lauren xX

Back