To syn or not to syn?

I never feel guilty about eating my syns. I use a full 15 everyday and i have a flexi day after weigh in, usually have a takeaway and some choccys. I count the syns and deducted them from the rest of the week. Worked for me :) x

I never have chocolate or crisps. I am the kind of person where i would rather not have it and lose my craving, if i eat one bar i will want more.

I use my syns on sauces, yoghurt, honey ect.

But i always make sure i have at least 5, even if im not hungry.

Xx

I find most of mine goes on alcohol, so only have a few each day after taking off what I've drunk, however, the weeks I decide to go alcohol (beer) free, I do sometimes struggle to use them...mind, I'll often gave extra healthy extras, especially if I'm having an we day, I don't always spend them on chocolate or crisps

Debridger said:
I find most of mine goes on alcohol, so only have a few each day after taking off what I've drunk, however, the weeks I decide to go alcohol (beer) free, I do sometimes struggle to use them...mind, I'll often gave extra healthy extras, especially if I'm having an we day, I don't always spend them on chocolate or crisps

Haha mine goes on alcohol too lol. :) x

hello everyone :)
I have been doing slimming world for nearly a year now, at the beginning i didnt use any syns at all and lost 6 pounds in my first week!
But then a few months ago I went through a bad patch of SW and just binged on food, this reason was because I was restricting myself to them and then you get to a point where you need them, so since then i have been using syns everyday, some days its 5 and others its 15 so they are needed in the diet and it will stop you going off track in the future xx

Syns are not sins people. And you can use them on healthy things that can aid weight loss in small amounts. Like avocados, nuts, seeds. You could use it on cooked fruit or smoothies. Or on a decent size bowl of cereal. And actually, the free food is so low in calorie, that unless you are literally eating non stop all day, your calorie count will be really low. Possibly too low to be healthy without syns/healthy extras. I know it seems like a lot of food compared to other plans, but that's because free food is food with all the cack removed lol. Other diets often have 'unhealthy' stuff in amongst the food, that boosts the calories of otherwise small meals.

Also, when you have a plateau, it's nice to have something you can reduce. But those of you that could take 6 months to a year to lose your weight: could you really go that long without any chocolate, wine, gravy, mayo, crisps, meals out, ice cream, etc? If your will power is greater than mine, congratulations! But if not, that's why syns are built in. To save you from giving in one day, eating a lorry load of rubbish and quitting

Back